ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday game

UTEPfan1966

MI VIP
Apr 26, 2016
We are thinking about making the trip to Cruces. Anyone know what section most Miners are in?
BTW.....the cheapest seats are behind the basket for $15 per plus fees. And some people complained about our prices. Seem similar....

But still cheaper.

And they’ve made 7 NCAAs since we last did and have had numerous regular season and tournament titles. UTEP has none of that, but still charged more for the same game.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
BTW.....the cheapest seats are behind the basket for $15 per plus fees. And some people complained about our prices. Seem similar....
giphy.gif

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
But still cheaper.

And they’ve made 7 NCAAs since we last did and have had numerous regular season and tournament titles. UTEP has none of that, but still charged more for the same game.
They play in the WAC and haven't won an NCAA tournament game in the last quarter century, the last win was followed by almost a 40 point loss in the next round. Their last at-large bid was 20 years ago, UTEP has had two at-large bids in the past 15 years.... The demand for tickets in El Paso is a lot higher than it is in cruces and enemas U is not as good as UTEP this year

Last edited:
Reactions: Cube Jack
I thought the previous argument about Utep”steep” prices also was about the lack of interest in teams in CUSA. I’ll make sure to note that when NMSU is playing UTRGV. But now your argument is the aggies win....so it’s okay??? Make up your mind.

I thought the previous argument about Utep”steep” prices also was about the lack of interest in teams in CUSA. I’ll make sure to note that when NMSU is playing UTRGV. But now your argument is the aggies win....so it’s okay??? Make up your mind.

If you’re a consistent winner, you can charge higher prices or raise them. UTEP raised them
before they won or a consistent winner. I don’t care what NMSU charges vs UTRGV. My beef is with the high prices for NMSU and UNM and higher in general than last season.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Tickets are cheaper and closer. Bought 3 tickets behind the UTEP bench for $18 each. Would have been over $30 at UTEP.

How many State fans were at the Don for the first game?
I saw the game through a stream so I didn’t get to see a full crowd shot. From the few times they showed the Aggie fans cheering I only saw a couple of old people sitting behind the Aggie bench. It sure as hell wasn't half the attendance or even a 1/4 of it.

The times I made the trip to less cruces there would be maybe 500 in orange. And that’s being generous.

I saw the game through a stream so I didn’t get to see a full crowd shot. From the few times they showed the Aggie fans cheering I only saw a couple of old people sitting behind the Aggie bench. It sure as hell wasn't half the attendance or even a 1/4 of it.

The times I made the trip to less cruces there would be maybe 500 in orange. And that’s being generous.
In my opinion, it was less than 1/4.

I’m sitting in the section behind the utep bench. A 50/50 crowd would be awesome and interesting to say the least

We are thinking about making the trip to Cruces. Anyone know what section most Miners are in?

I’m currently looking for tickets. What section did you decide on??

I would say there were maybe 300 to 400 NMSU fans in the Don Haskins Center. In over 30 years of going to the Games in both Arenas I have never seen anything close to a 50/50 split

Reactions: JCorona
I would say there were maybe 300 to 400 NMSU fans in the Don Haskins Center. In over 30 years of going to the Games in both Arenas I have never seen anything close to a 50/50 split

The 2003 game in Las Cruces was the closest I've seen. It was a sell out 13,000. They still sold tickets in the upper sections. It wasnt 50/50 but there were about 3,000 Miner fans there. It was an electric atmosphere, best atmosphere I've seen for a UTEP NMSU game. Their entire crowd had white thundersticks and they were pretty rowdy. It was a great game that the Miners pulled away in the end. The last two minutes of the game the entire Miner contingent chanted "in your house" it was pretty sweet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT