ADVERTISEMENT

Two really good articles re: El Paso’s debt and budget crunch

Can’t create a vibrant downtown when all the amenities are closed. Brakes also being put on arena, children’s museum, etc.

Well, here are the headlines:

El Paso leads major Texas cities in debt not approved by voters

PAINFUL BUDGET CHOICES
City looks at how to close financial hole

http://www.elpasoinc.com/

Tommy G. and reps like Peter S. think they know what’s best for us dumb, little taxpayers.

Problem is, people always want the government to decrease their spending until it actually happens. Then there is a huge hit piece on a website.

Government is a multi trillion dollar industry in this country and that's why there is so much fighting over who gets to control the Worlds Largest business.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Problem is, people always want the government to decrease their spending until it actually happens. Then there is a huge hit piece on a website.

Government is a multi trillion dollar industry in this country and that's why there is so much fighting over who gets to control the Worlds Largest business.

This is what I mean about the city politicians to be grown ups and to take action. If I had to base my decisions on the emotions of people, I'd never get work done. Lesson learned young in life: you will never please everyone.

With that known, do what is right versus what feels right. Let them write hit pieces, have some balls to do what's right for the people and the long term financial outlook for the city.

Last edited:
Reactions: kickballpro
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT