ADVERTISEMENT

Unbelievable...

jamasterj

MI Regular
Dec 3, 2001
Did anyone catch the score to the Oregon and South Dakota game in SD. Freakin SD kicked the livin crap out of the ducks 88 to 54! Looks like the Ducks blew their wad against us and had nothing left for SD. Ah man the basketball gods can be so cruel sometimes...damn! Well, at least a cartel school failed to advance and I hope SD takes it all.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Miner's did not have enough to fight through the "pic monster" the big girl out front who set mean pic after mean pic. She didn't score much but man she could clear out anybody chasing their shooters. I guess SD had the size to overcome the OU screen game. If I remember right when we played SD in the last WNIT they could fill it up from everywhere on the court, and it looks like they still can.

Beggining with last homestand of the regular season, the team was not firing on all cylinders. They eeked out two tough wins at home before the disastrous losses at UTSA and in the cusa tournament. The team we saw late in the season was not the same team we saw for the majority of the season. Im not sure what happened, its a shame that a team that good was relegated to the nit. The thing I have have always respected about Keith Adams teams is even when they dont have their "a" game they fight like hell. This team was no different they fought to the bitter end.

South Dakota made their shots and we didn't. We make our wide open shots and we blow the ducks out of the water (sorry). we're up 18 and we start bricking jump shots. Of course we lost. Still pissed off that we didn't call a time out to refocus.

South Dakota made their shots and we didn't. We make our wide open shots and we blow the ducks out of the water (sorry). we're up 18 and we start bricking jump shots. Of course we lost. Still pissed off that we didn't call a time out to refocus.

+1...and we needed to not only adjust offensively, but defensively as well.

Miner's did not have enough to fight through the "pic monster" the big girl out front who set mean pic after mean pic. She didn't score much but man she could clear out anybody chasing their shooters. I guess SD had the size to overcome the OU screen game. If I remember right when we played SD in the last WNIT they could fill it up from everywhere on the court, and it looks like they still can.

Yeah that pic and roll play left our players standing, looking at each other like, "that was your player." That and their 3 pointers killed us in the 4th quarter, speaking of quarters. ..I think that killed our momentum when we went into the second quarter. It was no longer that frantic pace which had the Ducks discombobulated and heads spinning. The second quarter break allowed them to regroup and I noticed the pace slowed down, that's when the Ducks made their run...if not for that quarter break, we probably take the score into the mid twenties. BTW, that was South Dakota St. we played the last WNIT, the jackelopes. They were a damn good shooting team as well.

Yep, second quarter was what did us in. We fell into the trap of getting a good lead. I think the Miners started to underestimate Oregon's ability a bit after the 1st quarter. They played better and we didn't adjust.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT