ADVERTISEMENT

UNM v NMSU postponed

NMSU fans are insisting the only wrongdoing was the curfew violation

GCU and UNM fans are saying NMSU should cancel their season

Seems like UTEP fans lean toward NMSUs side on this one but not completely

If both teams make the final the fan reaction at the tournament game will be interesting. Will all players be back? Who gers the boot (if anyone)? Players? Coaches? Admin?

This event, which NMSU coaching and AD staff including Peake himself, should have immediately and voluntarily been cooperative with police with an immediate call (to 911 and including the agent investigating):

-"The fight at Aggie Memorial Stadium was a precursor to a shootout at UNM between student Brandon Travis and New Mexico State University student-athlete Mike Peake, according to police.

- after getting hit by another man with a bat, ran off and began firing at Travis and Travis shot back, according to the video.

-"As anyone would be if they got jumped over a girl which is what I found out after the fact," Upshaw said.

Police asked Upshaw if he knew who the girl was.

"No some girl that goes to state [NMSU] that one of our boys was cuddling with at the tailgate," Upshaw said."

.....led to this event:

-"school administrators didn't call the detectives actually investigating the killing. Instead they called their own campus police officers who were nearly 200 miles"

-"As he was trying to get the evidence New Mexico State police agent David Esqubel gave assistant athletic director Braun Cartwright a warning.

"I don't know what those players did with it between, you know, the incident and now.and if those items are in one of their rooms, you know, we need them to hand them over, hand those things over like now. Because, you know, for obvious reasons,” Cartwright said in a recorded interview. “And, also they are evidence. So, we don't want anyone else to get hemmed up for tampering with evidence. We'd like to nip this in the butt now."

This is what the Assistant athletic director told him, “Let me make some calls and i could see what i could find out as far as where those items may or may not be..”

https://www.koat.com/article/nmsu-a...ice-was-trying-to-evidence-from-them/42193223

A young man has been killed. This is more than a team "Breaking Curfew" violation.

-Peake is an adult. He should've called 911 no matter.
-NMSU players, out of instinct (allegedly), come to aid. Ok. But you should've called police.
-They take (blood stained) evidence and the weapon and put it in the trunk.
-They take off. [SMH]
-They call the assistant. Still no call to the police.
-The assistant calls the coach. According to reports no call yet to authorities.

Here's where it gets interesting and head scratching....

-NMSU police are notified FIRST by NMSU staff (?)
-Local authorities are aware/notified, late.
-Heiar recorded having a fit what police are telling him. A bad Tinder date is first alleged. Heiar is "sick to his stomach", literally.
-State police get story, try to track down evidence. State police have to threaten. Police had to stop the bus as it booked south.
-A NMSU staff is on board the bus with additional evidence. Reports state "he stayed on the bus" and didn't come out (?). Another NMSU AD staff member has other evidence as well ?!

Point of the story: You don't hold on to evidence!

BC9ZmPRCcAAYuOh.jpg

WHO THE HELL CARES if someone knows who these actors/entertainers are? You act like there's something wrong with that. I'm with JCorona - I try to pay as little attention as possible to that cesspool out in Hollywood. 95% of them are disgusting child predators and the other 5% don't do anything or even attempt to speak out against it.

Instead how about you pay attention to things like the Balenciaga stuff that's going on? I'll bet you anything you have NO clue what that is or what's happening with it... I'll wait while you go to Google...
Yes I know about Balenciaga.

And it was JCorona who started it, he tried making me look dumb, he thought i suggested Michael Jeffrey Jordan to star in a movie. 😶😶 Then when I corrected him, I'm now considered the bad guy? It's not my fault JCorona isnt hip.

Reactions: JCorona
WHO THE HELL CARES if someone knows who these actors/entertainers are? You act like there's something wrong with that. I'm with JCorona - I try to pay as little attention as possible to that cesspool out in Hollywood. 95% of them are disgusting child predators and the other 5% don't do anything or even attempt to speak out against it.

Instead how about you pay attention to things like the Balenciaga stuff that's going on? I'll bet you anything you have NO clue what that is or what's happening with it... I'll wait while you go to Google...

And it was JCorona who started it, he tried making me look dumb, he thought i suggested Michael Jeffrey Jordan to star in a movie. 😶😶 Then when I corrected him, I'm now considered the bad guy? It's not my fault JCorona isnt hip.
Let it go mannn.

Reactions: Lil_Train

Fair enough...

What I am still not clear on is the tablet and the phone. At the beginning, of the multiple versions of the story, they keep referring to the tablet and now it appears the Assistant AD had the phone all along. Is that how you all understood it? If so, talk about obstruction of justice and not cooperating with law enforcement even though both coaches said they would, if anything came out.

I agree with what the officer said, that most people will have their cell phones on them especially if Peake was in communication with the 17 year old female. After Peake was shot was he recovering his tablet or the phone? I would think it would be more convenient to carry a cell phone versus a tablet. Thoughts??

Reactions: MinerFan79
What I am still not clear on is the tablet and the phone. At the beginning, of the multiple versions of the story, they keep referring to the tablet and now it appears the Assistant AD had the phone all along. Is that how you all understood it? If so, talk about obstruction of justice and not cooperating with law enforcement even though both coaches said they would, if anything came out.

I agree with what the officer said, that most people will have their cell phones on them especially if Peake was in communication with the 17 year old female. After Peake was shot was he recovering his tablet or the phone? I would think it would be more convenient to carry a cell phone versus a tablet. Thoughts??
What I heard is that Peake used the tablet to communicate with the girl because the coaches use the phones to track the players location via GPS. So, he may have just left the phone in his hotel room, and then the administrator picked it up from there. Obviously mostly speculation at this point, but that is what I heard.

What I heard is that Peake used the tablet to communicate with the girl because the coaches use the phones to track the players location via GPS. So, he may have just left the phone in his hotel room, and then the administrator picked it up from there. Obviously mostly speculation at this point, but that is what I heard.

giphy.gif

You have every right clam up and to get an attorney, but booking it when there was a request not a smart move.

To people you don’t book it from when they say stay because they have questions is your wife and the police. It’s not gonna go well if you take off.

Reactions: mikesarabia
Things keep getting spicier. There has been some hinting that the diver of the Camero was a UNM Women's Basketball player.

So NMSU staff went through NMSU to contact their lawyers and campus police. The campus police where expected to facilitate communication through the State Police. That is still a major mess.

Two of the three people involved with the conspiracy have been removed from UNM. The third, Eli (the one who has not gotten charged and we assume is the whistleblower) is also an army reservist so there might be extra charges with that.

UNM already had 2 student athletes leaving due to safety concerns and there are rumors going around about visiting teams questioning the Universities guarantee of safety for the athletes.

• Wow
Reactions: FarWestTexas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT