ADVERTISEMENT

UNT @ UTEP Injuries Report

JCorona

MI Miner Maniac
Jun 15, 2014
The big question heading into this game is the health of both quarterbacks. It has been silent on both ends.

The Denton newspaper reports they are evaluating Fine and other key players injured, but it’s Littrell’s policy not to address injuries.
https://www.dentonrc.com/sports/sun...cle_b39a6de9-aa56-541d-ae09-561479afe51a.html

As far as Kai at first EP Times reported that with the bye week looming the team might rest him this week to give him two full weeks to heal up. As of yesterday the tune has changed to he will most likely play.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.elpasotimes.com/amp/1492030002

UNT is a different team without Fine. I’m not saying with him out we become the favorite but it turns an automatic loss into a you never know what could happen kind of mood.

The big question heading into this game is the health of both quarterbacks. It has been silent on both ends.

The Denton newspaper reports they are evaluating Fine and other key players injured, but it’s Littrell’s policy not to address injuries.
https://www.dentonrc.com/sports/sun...cle_b39a6de9-aa56-541d-ae09-561479afe51a.html

As far as Kai at first EP Times reported that with the bye week looming the team might rest him this week to give him two full weeks to heal up. As of yesterday the tune has changed to he will most likely play.

UNT is a different team without Fine. I’m not saying with him out we become the favorite but it turns an automatic loss into a you never know what could happen kind of mood.
UTEP straight up sucks without Locksley. Metz can not run this offense to it's efficient intent. I'm not knocking Metz; I'm saying he is clearly not suited for this offense and the O line is without it's top three so he is basically dead qb walking.

Reactions: minermx07
UTEP straight up sucks without Locksley. Metz can not run this offense to it's efficient intent. I'm not knocking Metz; I'm saying he is clearly not suited for this offense and the O line is without it's top three so he is basically dead qb walking.
Not that UTEP doesn't already......just saying it's worse without KL.

Metz is the only qb on the roster that has won FBS games. He played well enough during spring and summer camp to get the starting bid over Kai. Yes, he obviously screwed it up during the first two drives of the season opener. He was also adjusting to the new offensive philosophy. We don’t know what would have happened in these past five games had we stuck with him. For one, everyone on here would call for Kai to start. Or he could have adapted and moved the ball better. We all knew at one point or another the starter would get injured and force the other qb to the spotlight. Here’s that point. As a senior this could be his last chance to shine. We’ve seen flashes of an FBS quality qb from Metz. IMO give him the start and let Kai fully heal. There is no need to risk injury to him or play him if he’s not at 100%.

Reactions: Rot and EPTUTEP
I think resting Kai this week is a win win situation for us. Kai can rest and get 100% healthy, and at this point, it is a good time to see what our other QB's can do since we haven't won a game this year. If Metz starts to struggle like he always seems to do, we can see what Alex Fernandes can do. Miner for life, and others have said he is the best QB we have on our roster, so I think it is time to give him some playing time to see what he an do. UNT is one of least likely to win games, so F it, what have we got to lose besides the game(as usual).

I think resting Kai this week is a win win situation for us. Kai can rest and get 100% healthy, and at this point, it is a good time to see what our other QB's can do since we haven't won a game this year. If Metz starts to struggle like he always seems to do, we can see what Alex Fernandes can do. Miner for life, and others have said he is the best QB we have on our roster, so I think it is time to give him some playing time to see what he an do. UNT is one of least likely to win games, so F it, what have we got to lose besides the game(as usual).
I agree but that said, I personally think this might be one of the most winnable games from here on out. It might be a bit of a trap game for UNT since they just lost a tough battle with La. Tech and have a tough Southern Miss team next week. They may be resting some of their players as well and our guys have played with or against many of their players in high school. It might be an orange pipe dream but this game could be very winnable.

I'm looking at this game like...
walter-sobchak-300x199.jpg

Last edited:
I agree but that said, I personally think this might be one of the most winnable games from here on out. It might be a bit of a trap game for UNT since they just lost a tough battle with La. Tech and have a tough Southern Miss team next week. They may be resting some of their players as well and our guys have played with or against many of their players in high school. It might be an orange pipe dream but this game could be very winnable.

I'm looking at this game like...
walter-sobchak-300x199.jpg
Last year even though the final score showed a blow out loss it was a 7-7 game for the first 28 minutes. This was despite only picking up two first downs in the first half. Our offense’s inability to get anything going caught up to us in the second half. Fine torched us and the rout was on. Without their top two offensive weapons and with a little more offense we could make a game of it this year.

Reactions: jdubb66
That year after Tulsa beat us 77 - 28 or whatever at their place, they came down here and got ambushed despite the fact that they were a much better team. You never know.

Q. Why do ducks fly over Denton upside down? A. There's nothing worth craping on!

Q: Why aren't people from Denton allowed into Sea World? A: Because fishing poles are not allowed

Q: Why do people from Denton keep their driver's license on their dashboards? A: So they can park in handicap spaces

Q: How do people in Denton vote? A: Early and often!

Heard it on KUNT, so must be true.

Kugler beat them three years in a row. They should shut the hell up and go back to being a directional school totally irrelevant in their own market.

They have some strong academic programs such as music, art and design.

Kugler beat them three years in a row. They should shut the hell up and go back to being a directional school totally irrelevant in their own market.
It’s on their message board prediction thread. One of them thought it’s creative to call us Juarez.

I understand they’re having a nice two-year run with an excellent hire but how quickly they’ve forgotten how awful they were before Littrell. Since joining FBS football in 1995 they’ve had five winning seasons. In the same time span we’ve had four. The only thing separating us was their good year in 17-18. They took 105 years of playing football to set a “record” crowd of 30k+ last week. That proves your point of how irrelevant they are in their own market.

It’s on their message board prediction thread. One of them thought it’s creative to call us Juarez.

I understand they’re having a nice two-year run with an excellent hire but how quickly they’ve forgotten how awful they were before Littrell. Since joining FBS football in 1995 they’ve had five winning seasons. In the same time span we’ve had four. The only thing separating us was their good year in 17-18. They took 105 years of playing football to set a “record” crowd of 30k+ last week. That proves your point of how irrelevant they are in their own market.

Littrell be gone.

They should shut the hell up and go back to being a directional school totally irrelevant in their own market.

I guess UTEP is better than UNT? University of Texas at El Paso or Texas-El Paso is better than having North, South, East, or West in your name?

Great smack there. Might want to stick to the 3 recent wins or something else.

Kugler did them a HUGE favor a couple of years ago by pulling Aaron Jones in the 3rd quarter after gashing them for about 300 yards. He would have easily erased the NCAA rushing record as UNT was completely gassed and Jones was on fire averaging 12 yards a carry.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Kugler did them a HUGE favor a couple of years ago by pulling Aaron Jones in the 3rd quarter after gashing them for about 300 yards. He would have easily erased the NCAA rushing record as UNT was completely gassed and Jones was on fire averaging 12 yards a carry.

Yeahhhhp. We sure showed them. They won the West Division and went to the NO Bowl last year and beat Arkansas this year. Miners have lost 17 in a row. Really good thing we did them that favor!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeahhhhp. We sure showed them. They won the West Division and went to the NO Bowl last year and beat Arkansas this year. Miners have lost 17 in a row. Really good thing we did them that favor!!!!!!!!!!!!
It’s an even better thing you will be broke come Sunday morning and can’t afford internet anymore. So we won’t have to read your posts defending every opponent of UTEP on a weekly basis.

Fine is currently the #4 QB in FBS passing yards. If he plays, we’re in trouble. Of course, Littrell might want to rest him.

If Littrell can't get on the field we don't have to worry about him. Can UTEP control the clock AND score? That is the question. We've controlled the clock most every game so far.

I agree. We should have let AJ roll 500 on them. But 300 is 300.

If Littrell can't get on the field we don't have to worry about him. Can UTEP control the clock AND score? That is the question. We've controlled the clock most every game so far.

Littrell is their coach.

I guess it's time to block another effing idiot.....

You mad bro!!

For what's it worth on his radio show last night, Dimel said Locksley decision will be made by today. Second, during the bye week Dimel said he is personally going to visit some JUCO's; two in Texas and one in Kansas. Said the players are grasping the offense and is impressed up to now since he had to replace three veteran O lineman with others who have never played together before and liked how they played against Vols front d line. However, he was impressed with UTSA even more because he felt UTSA D was much better than Vols D in certain aspects.

Looks like the descion was made in a way according to Bloomquist

No need to start him, give him two full weeks to recover no need in making it worse, he's all we got on offense right now, let Metz go out there and get a home start, this season is done anyways, time to conserve and preserve for the coming years.

Looks like the descion was made in a way according to Bloomquist

No need to start him, give him two full weeks to recover no need in making it worse, he's all we got on offense right now, let Metz go out there and get a home start, this season is done anyways, time to conserve and preserve for the coming years.

This is the smart decision. If Metz struggles bring in Jones.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
This is the smart decision. If Metz struggles bring in Jones.
Metzmagic? No. But UNT defensive coordinator (yes, Troy Reffet) has to be doing a little "whew!". Now all he has to do is load the box, lay the wood on Wadley and make Metz beat them with his arm which Metz has struggled with in this offense. Dimel stated last night what makes them troublesome is their schemes on both sides of the ball and Reffet basically plays Rocky Long defense.

I hope to be proven wrong. This would be crow I would gladly eat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT