ADVERTISEMENT

Updated College Football Power Index out

We can't even be the best at being the worst? Typical, lol!!!
How is Texas St. ahead of us?
Also, CUSA seems to house most of the bottom of the barrel

Marshall didn't end well last year by losing their final two, especially an embarrassing loss to Rice who hung a goose egg on them, and losing by 7 to Buffalo but that seems low for them?

So what are the ramifications of losing to #130 the first game of the season?

200.gif

Reactions: utep-piggy
So what are the ramifications of losing to #130 the first game of the season?
Worst case scenario for UTEP is losing to NMSU. It will kill the crowd for Bethune Cookman. They need a big win over the Aggies to get a good crowd. Speaking of which, pretty damn sad and pathetic that UTEP isn’t trying to sell tickets to the game yet. Less than 2 months out and I haven’t seen anything about it.

It’s UTEP though, it’s what we expect from them.

I could see us edging aggy then choking to BC.

Last edited:
Bethune Cookman has won 7 games in each of their past 3 seasons(2017, 2018, 2019 then didn't play last year) and we are UTEP, so sure, us losing to Bethune Cookman is a possibility.

Bethune Cookman has won 7 games in each of their past 3 seasons(2017, 2018, 2019 then didn't play last year) and we are UTEP, so sure, us losing to Bethune Cookman is a possibility.
Nope. Not gonna happen. Have you Super-fans got your season tickets yet?

I think this year we should actually be higher. Well I guess prove it on the field.

There is more positive arrows pointing to improvement than in years past, how much remains to be seen. We also hung in more games last year than we have previously which is also a positive sign. Not predicting a 8 win season, but don't think we will be 2 wins either. Do agree if we lose to the Aggies, we are looking down a very dark alley.

Got to see Harvey, Singleton, Smith live. I didn't want miss not just one, but two great rb's in Wadley & Hankins.

Wait, that's is a great name for some bourbon! "Wadley & Hankins".

Disagree I think this team has more talent than most think. Will bet we don't lose to the Aggies or Cookman if anyone wants to wager I got a 100 on each game.
Agree that the talent has improved, but what about the coaching responsible for week to week offensive planning, offensive play calling, in-game adjustments and strategy? When was the last time Dimel out- coached an opponent or made an adjustment or added a wrinkle during a game that resulted in a victory? All I see from Dimel is a carbon copy approach to his terrible offense week in and week out regardless of the opponent. I have no confidence in his coaching ability whatsoever.
Dimel's mis-management of the offense is the biggest obstacle to a winning season, IMO.

Agree that the talent has improved, but what about the coaching responsible for week to week offensive planning, offensive play calling, in-game adjustments and strategy? When was the last time Dimel out- coached an opponent or made an adjustment or added a wrinkle during a game that resulted in a victory? All I see from Dimel is a carbon copy approach to his terrible offense week in and week out regardless of the opponent. I have no confidence in his coaching ability whatsoever.
Dimel's mis-management of the offense is the biggest obstacle to a winning season, IMO.
I don't disagree, not am I a Dimel fan. I just think from what I've saw last year and the talent on the team that they'll beat NMSU and Bethune Cookman. My prediction for the year is 5-7, but I hope, but don't expect more.

Yeah like we are gonna wipe our ass with the blue turf at Boise. SMH.
Haha! Well Dimel opened his mouth in the way he did. I don’t buy even 7 wins, but especially since he said what he said, he needs to really be held to a high standard…high in regards to his past anyway.

FYI, "SaQUADS Barkley" from the NY Giants generated excitement when he squated close to 500 in early 2020.

Legendary lineman Larry Allen, considered one of the strongest, was measured at 905 squat max.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Hankins looking like a monster 😳 that's a well built RB. He's gonna run through over some folks!
Let's hope that he is the starter and get the majority of reps. He deserves it. Awatt and Wadley should be backing him up at this point. I like Wadley on 3rd down or in packages with either of the other 2 guys. Eldrigide and Flores provide great depth for this year.

Rocky Perez was just interviewed by Teicher on KROD. On multiple occasions during the interview Perez stated poor halftime adjustments by the offensive coaching staff directly resulted in multiple losses last season. His honesty confirms what most of us know, the offensive coaching was terrible last year and must improve if the Miners hope to have a winning season.

Last edited:
Rocky Perez was just interviewed by Teicher on KROD. On multiple occasions during the interview Perez stated poor halftime adjustments by the offensive coaching staff resulted in multiple losses last season. His honesty confirms what most of us know, the offensive coaching was terrible last year and must improve if the Miners hope to have a winning season.
Well the 'offensive' coach will be the same, so...

Reactions: picks up
#35 Appalachian State Mountaineers. The "[Dear big boys] Any time, any where" mid major of the 2020's (Is Fresno State back, too?)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT