ADVERTISEMENT

USC and UCLA to Big 10

Easy fix Pac 12 adds

Boise State
Texas Tech
Reason Boise hasn’t been invited yet is their school’s academic profile. I highly doubt this changes Stanford’s or Cal’s mind in that regard.

Highest level of powers seems the key phrase here. They may have agreed in principle and realistically USC can leave, but UCLA still has to abide by the UC board of regents. I don’t know if they let go of one of their flagships to the midwest

Reactions: Rocketsr
This is nuts. I bet Oregon and Washington are going as well, maybe even two more schools. That would allow the Big ten to do two divisions of 10 teams. Could help cut down on some of the travel cost.

Crazy side note, I just thought of, what if Oklahoma decided to go to the Big ten instead just to give Texas one more big bird on the way out the door! It's a long shot, but would be hilarious.

Pac 12 would add SDSU (8-2 vs Pac 12 in football since 2016) and Boise State. Another option is to merge with the Big 12.
Then MW may consider UTEP I would have to think, but with Senter our AD, logic goes out the window.

This is nuts. I bet Oregon and Washington are going as well, maybe even two more schools. That would allow the Big ten to do two divisions of 10 teams. Could help cut down on some of the travel cost.

Crazy side note, I just thought of, what if Oklahoma decided to go to the Big ten instead just to give Texas one more big bird on the way out the door! It's a long shot, but would be hilarious.
OU does not have an issue with Texas. They seem to be more joined at the hip. Texas A&M is the team that left for the SEC because of Texas receiving their own Network.

We're headed to two super conferences the SEC and The Big Ten. With 20 or 24 members each.

I think it’s probable that the Big 10 takes at least 2 more Pac 12 schools out of - Oregon, Washington, Cal, or Stanford. Arizona and/or Arizona St is a maybe.

Oregon St, Washington St, Utah, and Colorado will be available to the Big 12 and anyone above who wasn’t taken. I don’t think the Pac 12 will be able to expand with Big 12 teams at the moment. Depends on television deals though.

Rumors abound and one is that the Big 16 will take Arizona, ASU, Utah and Colorado.

If that or something close to it happens the Big 12 and what's left of the Pac 12 may merge. Crazy stuff.

Reactions: JCorona
If the latest realignment bombshell affects CUSA by trickle down, CUSA may be put out of it's misery.

Rumors abound and one is that the Big 16 will take Arizona, ASU, Utah and Colorado.

If that or something close to it happens the Big 12 and what's left of the Pac 12 may merge. Crazy stuff.
Makes the most sense to safeguard itself from getting put into a CUSA-esque position. I’m more interested in how this affects the P12 and MWC and whether UTEP can sneak into the MWC or if it would even be worth it once the dust settles

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
Makes the most sense to safeguard itself from getting put into a CUSA-esque position. I’m more interested in how this affects the P12 and MWC and whether UTEP can sneak into the MWC or if it would even be worth it once the dust settles
Stanford and Cal are probably going to have a lot less say. Modern college athletics is about money not academics. I see the Pac-12 going into survival mode and dropping their academic standards going forward.

College Sports is a Soap opera now with all the crazy realignments, that don't make Geographical sense, but make money, Big NIL Deals, Mass Transfers, etc.... I'm losing my interest in College Athletics each year! A school like UTEP has no shot. Going to a watered down MWC after PAC 12 poaches them isn't gonna be as great as it once seemed either. College Sports is on a countdown til the Big Boys have their own Super D1 or D1 Championship League and we and other small money schools are left behind with players getting lifetime Chico's and free Lucchese Boot NIL Deals!

Once the dust settles I could see the Big 12 taking the Arizona schools, Colorado and Utah.

The PAC 6 will take what's best from the MW. Something like SDSU, Boise, and UNLV.

Maybe then we get the MW call.

Edit: I see Wisconsin already said that's a rumor.

Reactions: Rocketsr
Once the dust settles I could see the Big 12 taking the Arizona schools, Colorado and Utah.

The PAC 6 will take what's best from the MW. Something like SDSU, Boise, and UNLV.

Maybe then we get the MW call.

Edit: I see Wisconsin already said that's a rumor.
I really don’t see Stanford and Cal “settling” for being in a conference with Boise, SDSU, and UNLV. Oregon St and Washington St might not have a choice.

UTEP’s future is with the current type of CrapUSA schools or the leftovers from the MWC - like Wyoming and UNM.

Reactions: utep-piggy
I really don’t see Stanford and Cal “settling” for being in a conference with Boise, SDSU, and UNLV. Oregon St and Washington St might not have a choice.

UTEP’s future is with the current type of CrapUSA schools or the leftovers from the MWC - like Wyoming and UNM.
Who do you think wins the tug of war between PAC and B12?

Who do you think wins the tug of war between PAC and B12?
I would put my money on the Big 12. Pac 12 Network was trash from the beginning (not for fans, but reach) and is even more devalued by losing USC and UCLA. LA is the #2 media market in the US and carried the weight of the P12 tv deals. That is gone. I would imagine most San Diegoans are USC or UCLA fans too; more than Stanford or Cal fans. Without SoCal, that’s a big deal for Pac 12 money.

I could see the Pac 12 remaining at 10, but that’s only if the Big 10 doesn’t grab more. Stanford is near the top athletics program every year. Problem is, their football and basketball sucks, sound familiar? Even then, they still might end up in the Big 10. I don’t see Stanford and company being attractive to Oklahoma State and others now.

Hey, I might be wrong, like I was with CUSA, but the P12 took a big hit. They don’t have many options, like the Big 12 had and has. Not many schools to choose from in the mountain and pacific time zones.

Reactions: chuwy9 and JCorona
In a perfect world (you know, a world where we have decent TV following and have our sh!t together in football and basketball) UTEP would be going to the Big 12 or pac 12 in this previously un thought of scenario.
(El Paso is a “western” based city despite being in Texas)

Will be funny if this somehow leads us to the MWC. (I don’t think so at all…..but I also never considered USC/UCLA/Big Ten leaving the realm of message board fantasies to actual reality)

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
In a perfect world (you know, a world where we have decent TV following and have our sh!t together in football and basketball) UTEP would be going to the Big 12 or pac 12 in this previously un thought of scenario.
(El Paso is a “western” based city despite being in Texas)

Will be funny if this somehow leads us to the MWC. (I don’t think so at all…..but I also never considered USC/UCLA/Big Ten leaving the realm of message board fantasies to actual reality)
If we had kept up with Houston, it’s conceivable we’d be in a position closer to SMU than Houston, but we would definitely be better than we are now. Biggest problem is simply money, specifically bigger cities have more donors and deeper pockets.

Reactions: chuwy9
I would put my money on the Big 12. Pac 12 Network was trash from the beginning (not for fans, but reach) and is even more devalued by losing USC and UCLA. LA is the #2 media market in the US and carried the weight of the P12 tv deals. That is gone. I would imagine most San Diegoans are USC or UCLA fans too; more than Stanford or Cal fans. Without SoCal, that’s a big deal for Pac 12 money.

I could see the Pac 12 remaining at 10, but that’s only if the Big 10 doesn’t grab more. Stanford is near the top athletics program every year. Problem is, their football and basketball sucks, sound familiar? Even then, they still might end up in the Big 10. I don’t see Stanford and company being attractive to Oklahoma State and others now.

Hey, I might be wrong, like I was with CUSA, but the P12 took a big hit. They don’t have many options, like the Big 12 had and has. Not many schools to choose from in the mountain and pacific time zones.
Yeah the logical geographical options for the B12 would be the Arizona, Colorado, and Utah border schools. They should go for broke and take the best programs like Oregon, Washington, and Stanford.

Yeah the logical geographical options for the B12 would be the Arizona, Colorado, and Utah border schools. They should go for broke and take the best programs like Oregon, Washington, and Stanford.
Really curious to see where Stanford and Oregon end up. “Uncle Phil” is 83 and Oregon is geographically isolated.

then again I guess it doesn’t matter, right? USC could be playing at Piscataway, NJ at 12noon EST as a blizzard rolls in a few years

Reactions: JCorona
I think Wahington and Oregon get invites to the Big 10. Then the big 10 adds Pitt and Notre Dame.

The SEC at some point grabs Miami FSU Clemson and North Carolina.

Two major conferences and everyone else. The ACC has their media deal locked in for another 14 years. They are DOA. I'm sure the SEC has already fielded calls from Clemson and Miami.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT