ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP @ Arizona for '18-'19

Just my opinion, but if it was part of an old deal, why would it say "according to sources"? If it's part of an old arrangement, wouldn't it be common/public knowledge?
Eh....doesn't matter to me. It's not like I would have remembered anyway....just add em on Terry!

Just my opinion, but if it was part of an old deal, why would it say "according to sources"? If it's part of an old arrangement, wouldn't it be common/public knowledge?
Eh....doesn't matter to me. It's not like I would have remembered anyway....just add em on Terry!
I just remember hearing this. So it really doesn't matter.

Another couple of potential games for 2018.

Dont like those teams. Hopefully Terry could land a better 4th team. Those 2 teams are okay if they are the play in games.

Utep vs ETSU

Wyoming vs a AAC\ A-10 \ Power 5 team. Or a team that atleast finished in top 100 in rpi last year.

Dont like those teams. Hopefully Terry could land a better 4th team. Those 2 teams are okay if they are the play in games.

Utep vs ETSU

Wyoming vs a AAC\ A-10 \ Power 5 team. Or a team that atleast finished in top 100 in rpi last year.
Both Wyoming and East Tennessee State finished in the top 100 last season.

Utep vs ETSU

Those teams won’t come here with Wyoming and ETSU already in it. The days of 3 legit teams coming here are long gone. Honestly, this is the best they can do. If you don’t like it, join the thousands of others who don’t attend anymore.

This tournament is on its last legs.

Reactions: El Paso 1

Utep vs ETSU

ETSU is a damn good team. Their HC was offered job at UTEP before Terry. ETSU had to break the piggy bank to keep him.

Beware the limping man who comes bearing gifts. Former Georgetown coach John Thompson used to call this age-old technique "fattening frogs for snakes." He would never fall for it.

Yellow caution flag here, amigos. In our excitement, we suffering members of the UTEP flock might be getting over our skis.

Jazzed by the apparent competence and obvious energy of the new coaching staff and new roster, we would do well to respect to any team that comes to El Paso.

After all, the opponents give scholarships, too.

I think we get pumped to have quality opponents for a change. We would probably think we could beat them last year too, until we didn't. That's what us fans do....yanno?

Reactions: 66CHamps
A lot of you are probably too young to know this, but I can actually remember a time back when UTEP would actually win games in the Sun Bowl Tournament.

***Sarcasm, as we have only won 2 of our last 6 Sun Bowl Tournament games***

A lot of you are probably too young to know this, but I can actually remember a time back when UTEP would actually win games in the Sun Bowl Tournament.

***Sarcasm, as we have only won 2 of our last 6 Sun Bowl Tournament games***
Oooof. That one got me right in the gut.

Reactions: Dmanminer
I’m trying to piece together the 2018-2019 ooc schedule. These games are confirmed.

NMSU X2
UNM
@ Arizona
@ Marquette
Norfolk St
Either Wyoming or ETSU

Four games remaining. Am I missing any confirmed games?

I’m trying to piece together the 2018-2019 ooc schedule. These games are confirmed.

NMSU X2
UNM
@ Arizona
@ Marquette
Norfolk St
Either Wyoming or ETSU

Four games remaining. Am I missing any confirmed games?

Per my sources, UTEP will host Nicholls St.

Arizona already played here in 2014 and UNM played here last year. My guess is Marquette is a one time deal.

This is a new Arizona series. Doubt there are return games for these. Doesn't matter though. These are real games and will be on some form of "real" national television. Hope they play more P6 teams.

We’ll see how reliable your imaginary sources are in the next few weeks when the full schedule is released. Sarabia’s sources went two for two with the recruiting.

Nothing imaginary about it. The last few games should be all cupcakes anyway. UTEP already has 5 tough games plus a 6th vs Wyo or ETSU. This team needs wins, not like they have any real shot at an at-large this year.

Charlotte is the first CUSA team to release their ooc schedule. Shouldn’t be long until UTEP announces ours.

According to both of the articles below, the UTEP vs. Arizona series was a only a home-and-home 2 game deal, which was already completed. Thus, this new game in 2018/2019 would be new and independent of that prior series:

https://tucson.com/sports/blogs/pas...cle_11393b2e-b004-11e1-b471-001a4bcf887a.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.az...miller-arizona-to-play-tim-floyds-utep-miners

In regards to scheduling, I hope that Terry will continue to get us into the pre-season tournaments each year. It's a good way to add 2-3 quality opponents to our schedule.

Reactions: axingfools1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT