ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP @ Arizona for '18-'19

For the first time UTEP was looking to get bought in basketball. In the past, no one wanted to pay them a guarantee with a chance to lose. With back to back years of an RPI around 300, schools are willing to pay them to come. I'm sure both Marquette and Arizona are single games with no returns. Good for the budget.

awwww Tucson, the first and only time I will have in and out, got booed at the gasstation, but some soldiers cheered me coming out of the in and out. Food is overrated. Their portion of I-10 was probably worse than here. They somehow had a lane completely vanish off the highway with no warning

According to both of the articles below, the UTEP vs. Arizona series was a only a home-and-home 2 game deal, which was already completed. Thus, this new game in 2018/2019 would be new and independent of that prior series:

https://tucson.com/sports/blogs/pas...cle_11393b2e-b004-11e1-b471-001a4bcf887a.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.az...miller-arizona-to-play-tim-floyds-utep-miners

In regards to scheduling, I hope that Terry will continue to get us into the pre-season tournaments each year. It's a good way to add 2-3 quality opponents to our schedule.
Thank you for the clarification. Mucho appreciado! :)

Thanks for proving my point. Who copies posts and states the same thing right under the other person? It's dumb.
It’s also dumb that you keep asking that same stupid question and I keep giving you the same answer. Again, a lot of people have you on ignore and don’t see your posts.

And I already know your response so yes It's hilarious watching people trying to figure out things when they choose not to read all the comments. They’re probably all thin skin liberals.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
It’s also dumb that you keep asking that same stupid question and I keep giving you the same answer. Again, a lot of people have you on ignore and don’t see your posts.

And I already know your response so yes It's hilarious watching people trying to figure out things when they choose not to read all the comments. They’re probably all thin skin liberals.

You're welcome to call me stupid and dumb as often as you wish.

That doesn't change the fact that people who have myself and others on ignore have thin skin and can't handle reading opposing viewpoints.

You're welcome to call me stupid and dumb as often as you wish.

That doesn't change the fact that people who have myself and others on ignore have thin skin and can't handle reading opposing viewpoints.

It’s funny and sad that you haven’t realized the board is now a reflection of your life, everyone knows who you are, what you’re about and as a result have become irrelevant and ignored. Just walk away with whatever dignity you have left, you’ll be doing us both a favor.

It’s funny and sad that you haven’t realized the board is now a reflection of your life, everyone knows who you are, what you’re about and as a result have become irrelevant and ignored. Just walk away with whatever dignity you have left, you’ll be doing us both a favor.

It's funny that you say I'm ignored, but yet people keep responding to my posts. You have no clue about my real life and I am not ignored as well, but apparently you know so much about me.

Who am I and what am I about? Do you have an answer?

Why would I walk away? If you don't want to read my posts just ignore me like the other thin skinned people.

Reactions: ShovelMan66
It's funny that you say I'm ignored, but yet people keep responding to my posts. You have no clue about my real life and I am not ignored as well, but apparently you know so much about me.

Who am I and what am I about? Do you have an answer?

Why would I walk away? If you don't want to read my posts just ignore me like the other thin skinned people.

Ah yes, the almighty know your personality and life based on a UTEP message board guy.

Isn't jammasterjay, the "bring back the amen chant" guy. Judging by his posts, I bet JMJ would like to get blasted in the face by a Haskins cum shot.

Reactions: El Paso 1
Ah yes, the almighty know your personality and life based on a UTEP message board guy.

Isn't jammasterjay, the "bring back the amen chant" guy. Judging by his posts, I bet JMJ would like to get blasted in the face by a Haskins cum shot.

{crickets chirping}. Bwahaha

By looking at everyone else’s schedule this is what I can confirm to be our schedule.

11/14 @ Arizona
11/28 NMSU
12/4 @ Marquette
12/21 Norfolk St
12/22 ETSU/Wyoming
1/3 @ UTSA
1/5 UTSA
1/10 UNT
1/12 RICE
1/17 @ UAB
1/19 @ MTSU
1/24 ODU
1/26 Charlotte
1/31 @ Marshall
2/2 @ WKU
2/7 FIU?
2/9 FAU?
2/14 @ La Tech
2/16 @ USM
2/21 flex
2/23 flex
2/28 flex
3/2 flex

Last edited:
Reactions: picks up
By looking at everyone else’s schedule this is what I can confirm to be our schedule.

11/14 @ Arizona
12/4 @ Marquette
12/21 Norfolk St
12/22 ETSU/Wyoming
1/3 @ UTSA
1/5 UTSA
1/10 UNT
1/12 RICE
1/17 @ UAB
1/19 @ MTSU
1/24 ODU
1/26 Charlotte
1/31 @ Marshall
2/2 @ WKU
2/7 FIU?
2/9 FAU?
2/14 @ La Tech
2/16 @ USM
2/21 flex
2/23 flex
2/28 flex
3/2 flex
Nice job

Reactions: MistaBinks
I thought I read that the flex wasn't happening. Or is that only for the women's basketball schedule. Anyone know.

I thought I read that the flex wasn't happening. Or is that only for the women's basketball schedule. Anyone know.
It’s happening. If you click on the links to some of the schedules I’ve posted you’ll see they have flex games for the last four games of the season.

Reactions: dandaminerman
UTEP for sure won't play here on 2/28 because of the Metallica concert. 11/28 is @NMSU.

Last edited:
I wasn’t able to find out who our other five opponents will be. We already have six tough ooc opponents. I’m expecting the remaining five games to be against “easier” teams at home. It will help the team build some chemistry and confidence if they handle business.

I wasn’t able to find out who our other five opponents will be. We already have six tough ooc opponents. I’m expecting the remaining five games to be against “easier” teams at home. It will help the team build some chemistry and confidence if they handle business.

what the hell I say go big. Schedule Duke,Kentcuky,UNC,NOVA and the Warriors

Reactions: axingfools1

well lets all try and guess the last 5. Is Utep playing in any Holiday Tournament?

im going to guess

Texas Southern,Jackson St, New Mexico Highlands, Sam Houston State, Boise St

what the hell I say go big. Schedule Duke,Kentcuky,UNC,NOVA and the Warriors
Seriously though. How about SDSU, UNLV, Wyoming, Arizona St., Colorado, Colorado St., Texas Tech, Houston, etc..These are just some examples of teams I would like to play perodically. Maybe 2 per year in addition to UNM, NMSU and another power 5 team. Throw those in with a nice tourney and work on improving our own tourney and you have a very decent season lineup before conference play.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Seriously though. How about SDSU, UNLV, Wyoming, Arizona St., Colorado, Colorado St., Texas Tech, Houston, etc..These are just some examples of teams I would like to play perodically. Maybe 2 per year in addition to UNM, NMSU and another power 5 team. Throw those in with a nice tourney and work on improving our own tourney and you have a very decent season lineup before conference play.
Those would be some nice drivable matchups. For this season I would like three “guaranteed” games and two road games vs similar G5 teams. So that for next year when we are expected to have a better squad those teams have to return to the Don. We are suppose to have some sort of schedule alliance with the horizon and Sun Belt league so we should expect some of teams on our schedule.

Wyoming is in our tourney this year.

Reactions: axingfools1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT