ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP at UNT MBB

This a culture problem. Favoritism, entitlement and promises are identities of this program, Terry is running this thing like an AAU program like how he got BW to sign, it’s sickening and Senter is letting this happen.

His team is soft compared to his Fresno teams, they play with no heart and no energy which is totally opposite from Fresno as well. This not an X’s and O’s problem this is a culture problem.

Got to credit Mcasland. He is running a stifling zone flex defense shutting down our guards which is frustrating our guards and forwards which shuts down entry to big men and guards who are not cutting to basket but rather looking for open 3's which is a wasteland.

This a culture problem. Favoritism, entitlement and promises are identities of this program, Terry is running this thing like an AAU program like how he got BW to sign, it’s sickening and Senter is letting this happen.

His team is soft compared to his Fresno teams, they play with no heart and no energy which is totally opposite from Fresno as well. This not an X’s and O’s problem this is a culture problem.

So why is this? It’s the same coach isn’t it?

So why is this? It’s the same coach isn’t it?
I think it’s the kids he’s recruiting, going after high caliber/rated and entitled transfers who I’m sure he promises the world too and when things get tough they fold, I’ve seen it on multiple possessions tonight on D where they give up a blow by or the worst was that fast break alley oop where all four UTEP defenders stopped at the top of the key.

Plus Bryson played with a major chip on his shoulder this year, where did that go?

Got to credit Mcasland. He is running a stifling zone flex defense shutting down our guards which is frustrating our guards and forwards which shuts down entry to big men and guards who are not cutting to basket but rather looking for open 3's which is a wasteland.
I guess Terry thought the team was experienced enough against the zone flex that he didn't think they needed to work on it in practice this week. I'm sure he will emphasize attacking it next week.

That may be true, but the Xs and Os are crap. We have no direction on offense and no staple on defense. Add that to the above issues and we are circling the drain. We look good on social media though!

I can see the X's and O's problem tonight, it's glaring. I will not say it's a culture problem because UTEP has shown what they can do.

I do see a "out hustled" problem and UNT d turned on the juice and UTEP can't buy a round on the house (points) when the house says "you're credit ain't good here".

Terry will say that we just didn't make shots and also that the guys should have been mature enough to 'adjust' on both ends of the court.

Last edited:
We haven’t really been consistently relevant since we quit the “Amen” chant .... just sayin....
I wouldn't go that far. We did enjoy those Derrick Caracter days and Billy "did he sign his contract?!" days. I did.

Floyd jaded us and Rodney Terry "Helter/Skelter" basketball sucks.

Not me. I can bitch all night. Our offense is total dog shit right now. We look totally unprepared and overwhelmed by an average team. Terry has no clue what to do next.
If UTEP is getting their butts whipped by an "average team", then what does that make UTEP?? UTEP needs to move to D3 to have any chance of not being the most pathetic athletics program in the nation. CUSA needs to kick out UTEP ASAP.

Last edited:
If UTEP is getting their butts whipped by an "average team", then what does that make UTEP?? UTEP needs to move to D3 to have any chance of not being the most pathetic athletics program in the nation. CUSA needs to kick out UTEP ASAP.
You should get control of yourself, realize you are on our board right after our team suffered an extremely embarrassing loss, and just stay away for a while. Fans are going to vent in a situation like this and you should realize that.

Notic
I wouldn't go that far. We did enjoy those Derrick Caracter days and Billy "did he sign his contract?!" days. I did.

Floyd jaded us and Rodney Terry "Helter/Skelter" basketball sucks.
Notice the word consistently... we had two good years here two good years there.... that’s it

Maybe it’s just me.... I know utep has always been built on defensive identities .... we need to start getting players that can shoot the damn ball ..... we don’t have one player right now that can consistently create and make his own shot ....

a player like Agnew that can shoot .....

Last edited:
You should get control of yourself, realize you are on our board right after our team suffered an extremely embarrassing loss, and just stay away for a while. Fans are going to vent in a situation like this and you should realize that.
No wonder why UTEP is commonly refered to as the "Whiners".

Let's put our feet on the dirt.

Why is Williams at the arc so much?

Why is the D allowing dribble drives? ( I personally believe UNT studied the St Mary's game).

Why is do Terry abandon crashing the boards when down by big gaps? All 5 if not 4 UNT players crashed the boards from beginning to end. This is tactical and paid off for UNT. UTEP crashed the boards against ASU.

Verhoven my son, pump fake my son. Pump fake your opponent if uber aggressive like UNT was. You got nervous underneath. Pump fakes draws fouls.

Oh yeah, block out for rebounds.

This team has the players to win, but they need to be put in the right spots. I mean put in their place to succeed and then challenged to do so while being held accountable. I wonder how this team would fair with some of our previous coaches?

On offense let's run if we want. Terry loves to transition on offense and loves to defend against it. Transition offense goes with pressing and strong perimiter defense. If we do get caught in the halfcourt then why not use dribble drive or pick and role. Something that takes advantage of our length and athleticism. Play inside out. Attack the MF rim and get to the line! Apply pressure to the interior. The three point shot is icing on the cake. Terry's read and react half court offense sucks. It doesn't utilize our strengths.

On defense, a team that runs and plays aggressive D on the perimiter or presses needs a rim stopper. Terry got Tydus, but for some reason his shot blocking has regressed. I guarantee he has been coached out of it. We have plenty of athletic bigs in BW, Tydus, Onyema and Sjolund. So why don't we rebound well or block shots well? Coaching.

Reactions: MinerManiac
I hope you didn’t end up making the trip up to Denton, jcorona.
Naw man I was only going to go if UTEP swept RICE. They didn’t to their part of the deal. UTEP could have convinced me to drive out there today had they won last night.

I’m staying home for the weekend. I’m seeing my fandom slowly dying. In the past I still would have gone despite the recent results.

63-33. Utterly disgraceful and embarrassing. Terry needs an assistant like Doc Sadler to educate him and his staff on the intricacies of college coaching.
Jim Senter needs to be fired now. I don’t want him anywhere near the hiring of the next football and basketball coaches. Enough is Enough.

63-33. Utterly disgraceful and embarrassing. Terry needs an assistant like Doc Sadler to educate him and his staff on the intricacies of college coaching.
Jim Senter needs to be fired now. I don’t want him anywhere near the hiring of the next football and basketball coaches. Enough is Enough.

I share your sentiments, man. UNTfan was an ass for coming onto our board and saying what he said...but he IS right. UTEP’s athletic programs are an utter joke. Senter has to go, first and foremost.

Naw man I was only going to go if UTEP swept RICE. They didn’t to their part of the deal. UTEP could have convinced me to drive out there today had they won last night.

I’m staying home for the weekend. I’m seeing my fandom slowly dying. In the past I still would have gone despite the recent results.

Now that you say that, I do remember that being part of the “deal”.

Damn, I forgot it was Friday and didn’t listen to the game. Thank God for old age. Maybe I’ll forget today is Saturday!

I share your sentiments, man. UNTfan was an ass for coming onto our board and saying what he said...but he IS right. UTEP’s athletic programs are an utter joke. Senter has to go, first and foremost.

I thought we had a "don't feed the trolls" policy on here?

North Texas was a dog of an athletic program for a while but they've invested good money and built the facilities to compete. They built a Football Stadium and Indoor Practice Facility. They have an Athletes Center in the Athlete village.

I thought we had a "don't feed the trolls" policy on here?

So I’m doing my damn best not to infect the board with my discontent, as hard as it is, but sometimes I just gotta give acknowledgment to someone who expresses something I completely agree with, so-called troll, or not. Do we have an official troll list to which we can refer? Asking for a friend.

Reactions: Lil_Train
North Texas was a dog of an athletic program for a while but they've invested good money and built the facilities to compete. They built a Football Stadium and Indoor Practice Facility. They have an Athletes Center in the Athlete village.

UNT is climbing ⬆️, while we are falling ⬇️. It’s happening right before our very eyes and we fans can’t directly do a damn thing about it.

OMG, we have a shitty game and most of you want to give UNT the mid major program of the year.

It's how UTEP responds today.

Reactions: nattybry
OMG, we have a shitty game and most of you want to give UNT the mid major program of the year.

These players have quit on Terry! They’re not stupid. They recognize he’s a dog of a coach whose in game adjustments are worse than a resident chiropractor.

UNT by 10 (at least)

Overreact much?!? I haven’t even seen a hint of that. Maybe an acknowledgment that they’re at least trending up.

Not trying to be a dick but have you had your head buried in the sand the last few years? It goes way beyond “a” single shitty game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT