ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP at UNT MBB

If UTEP is getting their butts whipped by an "average team", then what does that make UTEP?? UTEP needs to move to D3 to have any chance of not being the most pathetic athletics program in the nation. CUSA needs to kick out UTEP ASAP.
Lol relax Big Guy after one blow out win haha. Utep owns a winning record against your Green Eagles and will win tonight. Yes one bad night so go D3 get off this Board Bro!

It would not at all surprise me if the Miners come out and score 90 points today. They never seem to look the same from one day to the next.

It would also be very typical of these Miners to split every single one of these back-to-back series this season.

It would not at all surprise me if the Miners come out and score 90 points today. They never seem to look the same from one day to the next.

It would also be very typical of these Miners to split every single one of these back-to-back series this season.

Well, it's Saturday and I sobered up from last nights debacle. My kidney's can't take this coach.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Damn Agnew finish that basket!!!!!

JB needs to stop with the ticky tack fouls. Cost us on offense the last 4-5 minutes.

Overall much better today, but UNT adjusting well. If Terry has the balls he will sit Boum for a while.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Hey guys, I guess I'm to blame for the fact that we're only up one. I was busy doing some things for my son, and didn't tune in until we were up about 29 to 21 or so. I was pleased to see that we were scoring better this game - of course, the Miners picked that time to go on one of their patented scoreless streaks. Sorry guys, if only I hadn't tuned in ...

Reactions: Lil_Train
JB is balling out on offense. He is a definite playmaker. He needs finishers! Why do we go up so weak???

Get out of this defense Terry. Sorry but Terry is cost us the game by going small at the end there.

Was UNT supposed to be good this year? Because they play D really well at times.

The season is not looking good. We split the 2 series with the worst 2 teams in the division (Rice and Southern Miss) and have now been swept by North Texas. Next week we have a tough La Tech team coming to town and I don't remember the last time we have beat them in anything. Will we even make the conference tournament?

Boum kills this team when he wants to go one on one and try to take over! Takes his teammates out of the game. This needs to be addressed, maybe some bench time or 6th man until he realizes the affect he has on team. I like him when he is under control and takes good shots.

Reactions: kickballpro
Downhill slide has begun ( or continues) last year La tech beat us a home and we never recovered, this year appears Rice did us in. Way too much talent on this team to perform this way. Inconsistent play in all phases, same mistakes repeated, coaching a non factor. Seen 30 plus games so far and the faces are different but we play the same way. I'm sure the book on this teams is used over and over by every coach in CUSA.

Looking back we were tied at 59-59 with 3:24 left in the game.

For some weird reason Terry decides to go small man to man and expose some of our biggest weaknesses (Rim defense and then of course end of game decision making). McCasland's team draws BW out and attacks the rim while we give up layups and start fouling. Of course we fall behind and start freaking out on offense because we have no plan. Again Boum has the ball instead of our playmaker Bieniemy.

Last 3:24 we lose 15-6

Last edited:
Lol relax Big Guy after one blow out win haha. Utep owns a winning record against your Green Eagles and will win tonight. Yes one bad night so go D3 get off this Board Bro!
What happened to UTEP’s win last night?? Can you say SWEEEEP!!!! See you guys next year after our easy victory in football against UTEP. But hopefully CUSA gives UTEP the boot before football season.
Whenever you look to see where UTEP is in the standings, always go from the bottom up instead of from three top down because UTEP is always towards the bottom . Just a word of advise for you guys.

Last edited:
What happened to UTEP’s win last night?? Can you say SWEEEEP!!!! See you guys next year after our easy victory in football against UTEP. But hopefully CUSA gives UTEP the boot before football season.

There’s no doubt UTEP’s athletic program is in the shitter. These are rough times for any Miner fan, but gloating about beating a team that sucks makes you look desperate. Wow...you beat the Miners twice. Maybe win a conference championship, a game in the tourney, crack the top 25, something of relevance before you mouth off. You talk about how low UTEP is yet you barely beat us in football and had trouble with us yesterday.

What does that say about UNT? Your program isn’t the biggest pile of shit around, but it’s still a decent size load?

How does it feel diehard Miner fans? His post stings a bit, doesn’t it. Why? Because it’s true. Our football team continues to be an embarrassment and a drag on our league and our overpaid basketball coach couldn’t tell the difference between a pick and roll and a pick axe.
Why don’t you let our AD know how you feel about the job he is doing. I already have.

jsenter@utep.edu

How does it feel diehard Miner fans? His post stings a bit, doesn’t it. Why? Because it’s true. Our football team continues to be an embarrassment and a drag on our league and our overpaid basketball coach couldn’t tell the difference between a pick and roll and a pick axe.
Why don’t you let our AD know how you feel about the job he is doing. I already have.

jsenter@utep.edu
I have. So has miner1liner. I’m sure others have too. Senter doesn’t give a shit. I read his response back to me. Sounds a lot like Dimel, really. He’s at the tail end of his career. He’s not “ invested” in UTEP’s long term trajectory. Contact him all you want. It won’t make one ****ing bit of difference. He’s not even full of excuses. He’s more of a “Let’s wait and see what happens” kind of guy. As if the writing isn’t already on the wall.

Last edited:
Yes ask your President to drop down to D3 in athletics for your own good. You guys have proven that you can’t compete at this level. It’s very difficult to recruit to El Paso and UTEP is poor and doesn’t have the funds to invest in football and pay coaches.

Yes ask your President to drop down to D3 in athletics for your own good. You guys have proven that you can’t compete at this level. It’s very difficult to recruit to El Paso and UTEP is poor and doesn’t have the funds to invest in football and pay coaches.

Ah mighty UNT who has done jack shit in hoops. Is on a downward spiral in football. Worst of all is a directional school who gets no traction or attention in the DFW market. We all know we suck right now, however on our worst day we've been more realavent than UNT on their best day.

You sound like a jaded UTEP fan or El Pasoen. If you had come here and called the wins before hand, then I would give you some credit. Get out if here with your D3 crap.

Ah mighty UNT who has done jack shit in hoops. Is on a downward spiral in football. Worst of all is a directional school who gets no traction or attention in the DFW market. We all know we suck right now, however on our worst day we've been more realavent than UNT on their best day.
Haha when was the last time JUTEP was relevant in anything?? UTEP hasn’t been relevant in hoops since 1992. When your men’s hockey club is most successful program you have, then it’s time to drop to D3. We have left UTEP in the dust since we decided to upgrade in athletics. We had the best team in CUSA bb last season and we own UTEP in football since we got serious about athletics. Football has been decent but still way better than UTEP. Next year is a make or break year for out FB coach but if he needs to be replaced, we can pay over a million bucks for our HC and it will attract a good pool of applicants. Being a janitor at a P5 school is still better than the UTEP football job. Nobody wants to go to El Paso. There are many athletic programs out there that could do so much better than UTEP in CUSA and that’s why CUSA needs to give UTEP the boot.

Last edited:
Haha when was the last time JUTEP was relevant in anything?? Please don’t go back to Glory Road and 1992 like UTEP fans always do. When your men’s hockey club is most successful program you have, then it’s time to drop to D3. We have left UTEP in the dust since we decided to upgrade in athletics. We had the best team in CUSA bb last season and we own UTEP in football since we got serious about athletics. Football has been decent but still way better than UTEP. Next year is a make or break year for out FB coach but if he needs to be replaced, we can pay over a million bucks for our HC and it will attract a good pool of applicants. Being a janitor at a P5 school is still better than the UTEP football job. Nobody wants to go to El Paso. There are many athletic programs out there that could do so much better than UTEP in CUSA and that’s why CUSA needs to give UTEP the boot.

You're probably a self-hating El Paso douchebag who thinks he's special because he went out of town for college for maybe a few semseters... but you're mostly right. All you can do as a UTEP fan is laugh... and cut yourself.

Last edited:
Haha when was the last time JUTEP was relevant in anything?? UTEP hasn’t been relevant in hoops since 1992. When your men’s hockey club is most successful program you have, then it’s time to drop to D3. We have left UTEP in the dust since we decided to upgrade in athletics. We had the best team in CUSA bb last season and we own UTEP in football since we got serious about athletics. Football has been decent but still way better than UTEP. Next year is a make or break year for out FB coach but if he needs to be replaced, we can pay over a million bucks for our HC and it will attract a good pool of applicants. Being a janitor at a P5 school is still better than the UTEP football job. Nobody wants to go to El Paso. There are many athletic programs out there that could do so much better than UTEP in CUSA and that’s why CUSA needs to give UTEP the boot.

Axing was right this guy's isn't a UNT fan he's a troll. Bringing up 92 and club hockey is a dead give away.

Weak comeback. I’m from Dallas, graduated from UNT, and stay in El Paso for about 60 days a year for business so I know things. I wear North Texas gear when I’m in El Paso and I have gotten into it with UTEP fans and they are always quick to mention 1966 and 1992 so it’s no secret when the last time UTEP was relevant in anything. And if you have Facebook you see when the UTEP men’s hockey club does good and it’s funny and it sticks in the head. And I see first hand all of the constant whining from the UTEP fans and it gets annoying because it’s funny how you guys think you are relevant.

Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT