ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Athletics Question

Men's golf two years ago. Women's cross country won one also in the same time frame. That's it very slim pickins.

So here are the Sports. What are each sports best season and last great season?

Football - 1988 10-3, 2000 Conference Co-Champs 8-4, 2014 Last Bowl

Mens Basketball- 1966 National Title, 2010 NCAA Tournament

Womens Basketball- 2007-2008 Unbeaten in Conference, 2015-2016 Conference Champs

Mens Cross Country-
Womens Cross Country-
Mens Golf-
Womens Golf-
Rifle- finished 5th in NCAA 2012
Soccer-
Tennis- Best Finish 7th in CUSA once finished 3rd in High Country Conference

Mens Track-
Womens Track-
Volleyball-

Last edited:
Men's golf two years ago. Women's cross country won one also in the same time frame. That's it very slim pickins.
Exactly why UTEP needs to be kicked out of CUSA. UTEP brings absolutely nothing to the conference and it is mind boggling why UTEP is still allowed to compete in CUSA. Louisiana from the Sun Belt would be a huge upgrade over UTEP. Their football team won more games against CUSA opponents this season than UTEP has in 3 years.

Exactly why UTEP needs to be kicked out of CUSA. UTEP brings absolutely nothing to the conference and it is mind boggling why UTEP is still allowed to compete in CUSA. Louisiana from the Sun Belt would be a huge upgrade over UTEP. Their football team won more games against CUSA opponents this season than UTEP has in 3 years.
Why didn’t you stay in the sun belt and compete against Louisiana instead of joining UTEP in CUSA?

He's not a UNT fan.
Ok ya I graduated from UNT and attend UNT games, but I am not a fan. This is why I love messing with UTEP fans in the DFW area and when I go to El Paso. Oh that's right you are that guy who said that I am not a UNT fan because I knew UTEP has a recreational mens hockey team right???

Last edited:
Ok ya I graduated from UNT and attend UNT games, but I am not a fan. This is why I love messing with UTEP fans in the DFW area and when I go to El Paso. Oh that's right you are that guy who said that I am not a UNT fan because I knew UTEP has a recreational mens hockey team right???
You created your account here to troll after the 1st UNT game. That was like 10 days ago. Its ok to go back 'home' now 😉.

I love comedy...

I love comedy...
Obviously love enjoy comedy because you love that JOKE of an athletic department you guys have. You know what is funny??? Louisiana from the Sun Belt has more wins against CUSA football opponents this year than UTEP has in 4, yes 4 seasons. Now that’s comedy.
Give UTEP the Booooot!!!!!

Last edited:
Researching Volleyball, won a conference title in 83 or 84. But not sure if they've ever played in an NCAA Tournament.

El Paso has a pretty healthy Club Volleyball scene. Wonder why Volleyball has never had any season of significance at UTEP.

Lol, this unt troll spends a lot time on a UTEP fan forum. I guess he’s looking for attention. I live in the DFW and it’s funny how unt gets no media coverage from local sports channels. They might as well be a Division 3 school in Oklahoma. The only schools that get coverage here are TCU, SMU, Big 12 and high schools. Go back to your hole.

We're most likely going to have to endure the next two seasons with our current head coaches. All we can hope is they win some games.

2023 will be a monomuntal year for UTEP. Whatever Wilson does will have a lasting impact on the university.

Lol, Senter fired the girls soccer and softball coaches to send a message that he's serious about winning
Those were not his hires though. If he doesn't fire one of the 2 major sport coaches early then it's a sure bet that he will be fired himself.

I swear UTEP fans are their own worst enemy. A little self deprecating humor goes a long folks.

What does Rice bring to the table for CUSA? Ooooooh, UNT has Mean Joe Green! Wow! Put them in the Big XII!!

Howard Hughes doesn't sell tickets to Rice games but memories of Tim Hardaway in basketball and Aaron Jones does sell tickets to this very day for UTEP for some people.

Reactions: Cube Jack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT