ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Basketball 2015-16 Schedule Announced

Its a cupcake schedule but im not suprised its a rebuilding year. With this schedule the regular season is irrelevant only way to make the tourmanent is to win the conference tournament. This team will have no expectations its building towards 16-17 which will be the make or break season for Floyd.

Last edited:
Its a cupcake schedule but im not suprised its a rebuilding year. With this schedule the regular season is irrelevant only way to make the tourmanent is to win the conference tournament. This team will have no expectations its building towards 16-17 which will be the make or make season for Floyd.
NO expectations ? Some people around here think we're loaded for bear . Looking at the schedule we have 15 wins by default and if we can win 5 of the remaining 16 , that's another 20 win season (take a bow Bob Stull) . Of course you're right this schedule is putrid all that matters is the conference tournament .

Its a cupcake schedule but im not suprised its a rebuilding year. With this schedule the regular season is irrelevant only way to make the tourmanent is to win the conference tournament. This team will have no expectations its building towards 16-17 which will be the make or break season for Floyd.

So no expectations in a coaches 6th season? How many seasons does this guy get? This schedule is made for fans like you. Hope you enjoy all the great games on tap this season!

So no expectations in a coaches 6th season? How many seasons does this guy get? This schedule is made for fans like you. Hope you enjoy all the great games on tap this season!

I dont like the state of the basketball program. I think five years is enough time for any coach to make the tournament, especially since floyd took over the best utep team in the last twenty years. However, it has become obvious to me that stull will give floyd seven years to turn it around aka the mike price plan. Im not happy with the floyd at all but i will still support the program because im loyal to UTEP.

Fair enough, but are you going to buy season tickets? What home game are you looking forward to?

We have the #1 recruiting class in CUSA, they didn't try at all to get solid mid major teams here. They continuously give their season ticket holders and fans the middle finger. Loyola????? Are you serious? 2 MEAC teams? Usual SWAC garbage?

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
I don't think you understand the P5 and G5 definitions (no surprise) NMSU and all of our conference games are against G5 schools. As well as Texas St. Maybe you should try to pay attention and let the grown ups talk.

You got me. Even got a nice little dig in. To be clear, I meant MWC or AAC or MAC. Good for you though. I'll tweet it, UTEPpimp.

I dont like the state of the basketball program. I think five years is enough time for any coach to make the tournament, especially since floyd took over the best utep team in the last twenty years. However, it has become obvious to me that stull will give floyd seven years to turn it around aka the mike price plan. Im not happy with the floyd at all but i will still support the program because im loyal to UTEP.

Coach Floyd has until the end of contract extension - at minimum.

You got me. Even got a nice little dig in. To be clear, I meant MWC or AAC or MAC. Good for you though. I'll tweet it, UTEPpimp.

I have yet to see you on Twitter. Weren't you supposed to be favoriting my tweets? I know you won't because you don't want people to know who you really are on here. What is a UTEPpimp? Please show me a post from this individual so I know who you're talking about, thanks.

I have yet to see you on Twitter. Weren't you supposed to be favoriting my tweets? I know you won't because you don't want people to know who you really are on here. What is a UTEPpimp? Please show me a post from this individual so I know who you're talking about, thanks.

I'm trying to help you. You are a zero here. The realist site was a bust. You get no attention on twitter - on Twitter! I'm just trying to keep you off the ledge, Miner Man.

I'll buy my season tickets and go to most of the games because I don't choose to be a lame, tightwad, hermit, whiner, Internet pseudo-fan.

That said, I agree it's a weak schedule that should have a few better and more interesting opponents peppered in, especially since there's almost zero chance of a second CUSA team getting in on record and/or RPI (based on last year). Why not throw the fans a bone and get better by playing tougher teams?

Last edited:
Reactions: develman
Fair enough, but are you going to buy season tickets? What home game are you looking forward to?

Yeah i will renew my season tickets. There is no opponent im really excited to see. This is a weak schedule but honestly we very rarely bring in marquee opponents. I guess my favorite recent schedule was in december 2012 when we played unlv and oregon on back to back nights at home.

I'm trying to help you. You are a zero here. The realist site was a bust. You get no attention on twitter - on Twitter! I'm just trying to keep you off the ledge, Miner Man.

Ah man! You hurt my feelings. I wasn't aware that being a somebody on a message board or Twitter makes money or makes you somebody. Didn't know that was an accomplishment or something you could put on a resume. Oh well. Back to my job which makes money. Sucks for me. I guess I should resort to multiple handles and being obsessed with other posters like you.

I don't know what MinerMan is, but I'm MinerManiac remember? That's what Banks claims.

Ah man! You hurt my feelings. I wasn't aware that being a somebody on a message board or Twitter makes money or makes you somebody. Didn't know that was an accomplishment or something you could put on a resume. Oh well. Back to my job which makes money. Sucks for me. I guess I should resort to multiple handles and being obsessed with other posters like you.

I don't know what MinerMan is, but I'm MinerManiac remember? That's what Banks claims.

I don't know. "I Have STCarlosEP Doubts"...

I'll buy my season tickets and go to most of the games because I don't choose to be a lame, tightwad, hermit, whiner, Internet pseudo-fan.

That said, I agree it's a weak schedule that should have a few better and more interesting opponents peppered in, especially since there's almost zero chance of a second CUSA team getting in on record and/or RPI (based on last year). Why not throw the fans a bone and get better by playing tougher teams?

You answered your own question. You said you're buying tickets no matter what because you're a "great fan" and don't mind paying for an inferior product. Why would UTEP schedule better schools when they know their core fans will purchase them no matter what?

If you have a popsicle stand and you have customers buying your same crappy popsicles for $1, why would you lower the price when you know your customers are going to buy it anyway? UTEP is poorly run business and has A LOT of potential, they just choose to run it the way they've always been running it.

They want you to buy their $1 popsicles and until fans demand something better, they won't change.

With a national recruiting ranking of #15 and playing in weak CUSA, I would expect us to be playing in at least the CUSA Tournament Championship game. People on here are labeling Artis and Lee Moore as instant impact players. Anything less than making the CUSA Finals is a total failure.

With a national recruiting ranking of #15 and playing in weak CUSA, I would expect us to be playing in at least the CUSA Tournament Championship game. People on here are labeling Artis and Lee Moore as instant impact players. Anything less than making the CUSA Finals is a total failure.

The goal has to be winning the conference tournament with this schedule.

Florida A&M is a better one. They won 2 games last season and NMSU beat them by 45 points. Since we are so much better than NMSU, we should beat them by at least 80!
Touche , but I have heard of Florida A&M , never of UT Rio Grande Valley .

Being a fan of a sports team is not the same as buying a commodity. Heart and mind are both in play for non-hardliner fans.

It's not the same, but making money is. People love their cars and houses too. Does that mean a person should keep dumping money into the 96 camaro? Does that mean you should try and renovate your grandma's house that you loved so much as a kid? No of course not.

If your business is failing, you can only dump money into it so long before it's a loss. Doesn't mean you didn't have your heart in it. Enjoy those garbage, boring, blowout games. I'll listen on the radio while I watch more entertaining games on TV.

Floyd and Stull need to be asked pointed questions about this limp schedule -- what's the thinking/strategy? You're irrelevant if you don't mix it up with a few strong teams, especially if you're in a weak conference. Floyd knows a gaudy record means nothing if you play nobodies, so WTF?
Go on the the road for at least two games against tough competition , something . I agree it doesn't make sense . I nominate ST Carlos, track down Stull and ask him about his limp schedule .

Yes, you do fix up your grandma's house because you loved her and cherish those memories.

If everyone thought like you do Carlos old dogs would get shot, sick wives would be dumped, and there would be no Cleveland Browns fans nor fans of many other hapless teams. It can't be explained by logic, and it obviously can't be explained to you.

Yes, you do fix up your grandma's house because you loved her and cherish those memories.

If everyone thought like you do Carlos old dogs would get shot, sick wives would be dumped, and there would be no Cleveland Browns fans nor fans of many other hapless teams. It can't be explained by logic, and it obviously can't be explained to you.
But sometimes old dogs are shot , and sick wives are dumped (ask Newt Gingrich) and Cleveland fans somtimes wear bags over there heads . I would fix grandmas house if I was filthy rich and one bad investment really wouldn't matter.

Obviously, you don't run a business or have a business background. UTEP is a business, not an old dog or sick wife. Houses and cars are replacable. Only fools dump money into old crap for nostalgic reasons. Just like only fools continuously buy tickets for sub par entertainment.

Obviously, you don't run a business or have a business background. UTEP is a business, not an old dog or sick wife. Houses and cars are replacable. Only fools dump money into old crap for nostalgic reasons. Just like only fools continuously buy tickets for sub par entertainment.

There's no more faith in thee than in a stewed prune.

Reactions: STCarlosEP
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT