ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Basketball early prediction for 2023/2024 season.

Season is ov
Well we exposed UAB...
Season is over for me. UTEP didn't get any quality wins, so only way to get in the tournament is, win the CUSA tournament. Conference play record doesn't matter. It's all about the conference tournament. That's when the real season starts.

I’ll take cracking the top 100 NET rankings. If we can do that then we’ll talk about national rankings.

Reactions: Rocketsr
UTEP will be a top 25 team next season.

****But only, If Coach Golding doesn't lose any key contributors and he adds a quality big man and some shooters.****
Appreciate your high expectations, but who's going to do the recruiting? Golding going to bring someone in that can recruit?

UTEP will be a top 25 team next season.

****But only, If Coach Golding doesn't lose any key contributors and he adds a quality big man and some shooters.****
He will desperately need a well rounded PG that can score, facilitate and protect the ball. I think Zachery might be gone. McKinney seems more of a 6th man type. Sumlin and the recruits are unknowns. A strong and consistent big would be nice, but I don't us being able to land anybody (Golding couldn't land one when that's all he needed with a ready made team). Getting somebody that can coach bigs and recruit a big is the better option.

Another stupid post by the board dildo. Without a schedule or a roster, it’s impossible and ridiculous to think UTEP could even sniff the top 25.

Who was the last CUSA team to be ranked in the top 25?

Another stupid post by the board dildo. Without a schedule or a roster, it’s impossible and ridiculous to think UTEP could even sniff the top 25.

Who was the last CUSA team to be ranked in the top 25?
Predictions can be made at anytime. Im making my prediction now.

Fact: Most teams are better the last game of conference play than they were before conference play started, therefore conference play is not meaningless.

There. Proved you wrong.
No you havent. A team can go winless in conference play and it doesnt matter. In a 1 bid league conference play doesnt matter.

No you havent. A team can go winless in conference play and it doesnt matter. In a 1 bid league conference play doesnt matter.
Hmm, so you’re suggesting to not have a conference schedule and just jump straight into the conference tournament? Sure would make for a short season.

Reactions: FiliUTEP
Cuz he was injured. Do you really believe what you say? Sometimes I can’t tell. If you do, I don’t know what to say. If you don’t, it must be off season at the local YMCA for your men’s league.
Everyone knows he wasn't injured.

Dusty May was like 2 games over .500 his first 2 years. Probably should have fired him then.
The difference is, he’s coaching at a school with 1 NCAA and 1 NIT appearance in their whole existence. They play in a 40 year old 3,000 seat arena, that set its attendance record TODAY.

There are no expectations for FAU basketball. Well, at least that WAS the case. They’ve never finished higher than 7th in CUSA and that was last year. They were a horrible program, so their standards and expectations are a bit different than ours.

So yeah, go ahead and make excuses for Bronzeing. Who makes $335,000 more per year than Dusty May.

The difference is, he’s coaching at a school with 1 NCAA and 1 NIT appearance in their whole existence. They play in a 40 year old 3,000 seat arena, that set its attendance record TODAY.

There are no expectations for FAU basketball. Well, at least that WAS the case. They’ve never finished higher than 7th in CUSA and that was last year. They were a horrible program, so their standards and expectations are a bit different than ours.

So yeah, go ahead and make excuses for Bronzeing. Who makes $335,000 more per year than Dusty May.
Don't you always say that our past success and fan attendance don't matter? Does it only not matter for us?

Don't you always say that our past success and fan attendance don't matter? Does it only not matter for us?
It doesn’t - to current day recruits. Winning the 66 title doesn’t matter 2 fvcks to these players. Being successful in the 80s doesn’t matter either to them.

Why does UTEP pay their basketball coach $350,000 more than FAU does? Expectations and perception. It’s not my fault you’re okay with underperforming and seeing teams with tiny gyms be better than UTEP.

It doesn’t - to current day recruits. Winning the 66 title doesn’t matter 2 fvcks to these players. Being successful in the 80s doesn’t matter either to them.

Why does UTEP pay their basketball coach $350,000 more than FAU does? Expectations and perception. It’s not my fault you’re okay with underperforming and seeing teams with tiny gyms be better than UTEP.
Can’t speak for picks up, but I’ve never seen anything he has posted that suggests he’s ok with any of the things you mentioned.

You do realize Dusty May hovered just between 51-55% winning percentage for his first 4 years, right? Despite living in an age where we all want it now, there is still virtue in having “some” patience.

You talk about making excuses for “Bronzeing” as you call him. I like results as much as anybody. My in game posts show how ****ing pissed off I get sometimes, however he is 1 and a half seasons in.

These are not excuses but rather rational reasons why his recruiting might be lackluster so far. He came in very late in the cycle his first year. He didn’t have an NIL coop to help with recruiting his second year. And I don’t care what anybody say, El Paso is a hard sale these days. Logical reasons, not excuses. Maybe valid. Maybe not.

I’m not stuck on Golding. I’ll give him the rest of this year, and next year to see if recruiting and results get any better. If not, I’m not opposed to cutting ties and going with next man up.

You do realize Dusty May hovered just between 51-55% winning percentage for his first 4 years, right? Despite living in an age where we all want it now, there is still virtue in having “some” patience.

You do realize that FAU has had 1 20 win season in Division 1, right? Winning 55% of their games, is good enough at FAU. Do you think it’s acceptable for UTEP basketball to win 55% of their games?

Meanwhile, it would be acceptable for UTEP football to win 55% of their games. That is not the case at Boise and Alabama though.

Expectations are different for many schools and programs. NMSU is 0-6 in the WAC and there’s already people that want their coach fired. Because of expectations.

Bronzeing is making almost 50% more than Dusty May and has better facilities. Billy Gillispie had a bad ass team in his second year and he did it in one off season. He has hired after the school year had started. So, if a coach like him can get it done, Bronzeing’s “late start” is just another excuse.

Who’s to say Gillespie could do that again? Sometimes thing’s just fall into place. He is a good coach but doesn’t mean it will always be a winner! Look at what happened in Kentucky.

You do realize that FAU has had 1 20 win season in Division 1, right? Winning 55% of their games, is good enough at FAU. Do you think it’s acceptable for UTEP basketball to win 55% of their games?

Meanwhile, it would be acceptable for UTEP football to win 55% of their games. That is not the case at Boise and Alabama though.

Expectations are different for many schools and programs. NMSU is 0-6 in the WAC and there’s already people that want their coach fired. Because of expectations.

Bronzeing is making almost 50% more than Dusty May and has better facilities. Billy Gillispie had a bad ass team in his second year and he did it in one off season. He has hired after the school year had started. So, if a coach like him can get it done, Bronzeing’s “late start” is just another excuse.
Dude, everybody on here agrees with you about that. Many have said as much. What you seem to fail to realize, or accept rather, is how rarely that happens. It’s happened for us once already with CBG. Once in a blue moon is how often it seems to happen for others too. This is not something the fan base can “demand”. Had as much to do with the stars aligning (luck in other words) as anything else.

I’m not ready to demand that CJG lose his job after 1 1/2 years. For one, who in the hell is gonna take a job where you get 2 years max to get shit figured out? Second, the point is it took til year 5 to get where May has FAU. That is a rare sign of patience.

You always say our history doesn’t matter to today’s recruit, so you can’t have it both ways. Either we’re on equal footing with FAU in this modern landscape, or our history does mean something. Which is it? I’m not sure you know yourself as you seem to play both sides of that argument. Just sayin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT