ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Basketball Recruiting

Any news yet on this front? Who’s Coach Golding targeting? How many scholarships do we have?
7 scholarships.

No news yet on Vila, Fisher or Hill. I think if he gets Fisher that will be good. Hill signed early and didn't have any other offers that I can see. He has to be released which I'm sure Golding would do if asked.

I'm not sure that Golding has any big time players in his pocket that are ready to follow him at the moment? Maybe he has an assistant or two in mind with some recruiting connections? The recruiting issue is up in the air.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Per the website, scholarship players still on the roster are, Boum, Agnew, Kennedy, Bieniemy and Onyema. That leaves eight unless Fisher and/or Hill are added. Also, I think White was on scholarship last year, but never played and in Terry's customary manner, there was never an explanation about him, but he's shown on the roster now. ??????

I saw that Agunnane (?), the transfer from Loyola who previously committed to Abilene Christian is back in the portal per Verbal Commits.
Good defensive rebounder with a 7'3" wingspan. Missed last year due to knee surgery I believe.

Wonder if he suspects there will be a sense of accountability. CRT never really put any boundaries on Boum and it showed, if not often, then at least regularly.

Wasn’t Boum one of the players posting his own highlights and calling non-game-winning shots “clutch”? Something tells me Golding doesn’t go for that shit.

Wonder if he suspects there will be a sense of accountability. CRT never really put any boundaries on Boum and it showed, if not often, then at least regularly.

Wasn’t Boum one of the players posting his own highlights and calling non-game-winning shots “clutch”? Something tells me Golding doesn’t go for that shit.
Maybe that's what he needs to take him to the next level. Maybe he is smart enough to realize that and is contemplating.

Reactions: HookemMiners
Maybe that's what he needs to take him to the next level. Maybe he is smart enough to realize that and is contemplating.
Maybe so. I certainly wouldn’t mind having him, provided he’s team first. Not that I have any say, but ya know...that’s what I’d hope.

Reactions: axingfools1
The coming days and weeks and maybe months look like they'll be very anxious times watching and waiting for Coach Golding to try to piece together a squad. He wanted a challenge and he's got a Mount Everest.

No he didnt. He also kept Utep in the game. The play calling was horrible down the stretch.
Correct, he made some costly mistakes definitely that didn't help, but they played timid and and scared the last 5 minutes.

We had a timeout down 2. Boum takes it down the floor and 5 Kansas guys are waiting. If its not an easy bucket, the coach needs to use the timeout.

We had a chance to win the game with 1 shot. Even if Boum scores, all that would do is tie the game and give Kansas the final possession.

That one possession let me know that Terry was not a good coach.

We had a timeout down 2. Boum takes it down the floor and 5 Kansas guys are waiting. If its not an easy bucket, the coach needs to use the timeout.

We had a chance to win the game with 1 shot. Even if Boum scores, all that would do is tie the game and give Kansas the final possession.

That one possession let me know that Terry was not a good coach.
After 3 seasons, it took you that long to conclude, that notion? Lol

Few didn't take a timeout during the final four game vs UCLA. He let the players play it out. Then again I don't remember if he had any timeouts left.

Few didn't take a timeout during the final four game vs UCLA. He let the players play it out. Then again I don't remember if he had any timeouts left.

Score was tied with 4 seconds left 90-90. The worst outcome was another OT. I would bet if UCLA scored to make it 92-90, then Few breaks out the dry erase.

Reactions: JCorona
El Paso has the 21st best player in this class in the country according to ESPN.

I figured Golding would go through the quick build a team route in year 1. I don't think his intention is to build a team from the ground up like he did at ACU. We'll have to see how many hs recruits end up in his first class.

Reactions: JeeberD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT