ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Basketball Recruiting

Our team is really desperate for a proven athletic big right now if we are going to win some games this year. Come on Golding and staff!!

We're a few days away from Golding's assistants being officially announced. Maybe there will be a surprise around that time. Maybe a new assistant is bring along a recruit.

How many assistant slots are left to be filled and do we have any idea who they are?

Reactions: utep-piggy
We're a few days away from Golding's assistants being officially announced. Maybe there will be a surprise around that time. Maybe a new assistant is bring along a recruit.

How many assistant slots are left to be filled and do we have any idea who they are?
Yuup, a few days away indeed. Do you even follow UTEP athletics??????

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
I like the coaching staff. I'm ok with the recruiting so far. One more transfer big man that can contribute to wins now and I will renew my season tickets.

Reactions: SAMINERGIRL
This is the first time in a long time a coaching staff makes sense. A mix of experience and backgrounds. All the guys Floyd hired were like him and same with Terry.

My guess is we go about .500 this year unless some high impact transfers chose UTEP, but Golding will have us NCAA/NIT worthy by year 2.

Reactions: utep-piggy
My guess is this guy.

My guess is this guy.
That is an old article. He plays for Houston now.

I was wrong...Chaney isn't available or in the portal. The article was from June 15, 2020. I was off by a year.

I'm sure that if Johnson is thinking of coming to UTEP that Golding is considering the possible downside of his attitude. He is a very physical player that loves contact.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Keion Kindred and Camara article. Yes, that Keion Kindred. Apparently Kindred runs a basketball program helping young hoopsters to reach the next level out of high school (I take it Camara went through his program, I guess? His name does not show up until the bottom of the article. As my high school English teacher would say, "You're all over the place with this".).

"Many call NELA head coach
Keion Kindred
The Gatekeeper of LA because of his vast connections to pro agents and clients across the globe."

https://californiapreps.rivals.com/news/nela-prep-and-keion-kindred-be-remembered-be-great-

He's a 2022 guard. We might need some guards by then.
Yup! You're right, but we've got eight now and not sure about the Covid eligibility extensions to five years. Boum and Bieniemy for instance should be in their senior years, but do they get a 5th year?

Yup! You're right, but we've got eight now and not sure about the Covid eligibility extensions to five years. Boum and Bieniemy for instance should be in their senior years, but do they get a 5th year?
I'm not 100% sure on this (I did see 2022 in his bio), but he did play as a sophomore this year in JC. He mentions he is "still available", so Golding could be looking to add him this year. I would think that at his size, he could provide depth at the SF position.

Keion Kindred and Camara article. Yes, that Keion Kindred. Apparently Kindred runs a basketball program helping young hoopsters to reach the next level out of high school (I take it Camara went through his program, I guess? His name does not show up until the bottom of the article. As my high school English teacher would say, "You're all over the place with this".).

"Many call NELA head coach
Keion Kindred
The Gatekeeper of LA because of his vast connections to pro agents and clients across the globe."

https://californiapreps.rivals.com/news/nela-prep-and-keion-kindred-be-remembered-be-great-

Wow, great find. I remember a Coach Rab saying with Keion Kindred, no team will be able to press us. I think someone nicknamed him Y2k.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I'm not 100% sure on this (I did see 2022 in his bio), but he did play as a sophomore this year in JC. He mentions he is "still available", so Golding could be looking to add him this year. I would think that at his size, he could provide depth at the SF position.
Does anyone know why "Basketball Recruiting " has vanished from my board? I only have "Football Recruiting " under Sticky Threads. I managed to get into the thread via "alerts"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT