ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Basketball Recruiting

He's keeping his name in the headlines. Smart kid, or smart agent. If Golding and company can pull off a miracle year this season, we might stand a chance.
He is a recruiting headline.

"247Sports national recruiting analyst Brandon Jenkins compares him to Sacramento Kings guard Jahmi'us Ramsey in his scouting report:

"Lewis is a strong guard who is a terrific athlete. He owns an intense combination of size, length, and burst from the two-guard position. He is a quick first step slasher to the rim not only on the break but from the top and wing in the halfcourt set as well. He excels in transition and also does a great job of getting his teammates involved with his feel as a passer.

"On the other end of the floor, his length and active hands are impressive. Lewis has the potential to be an excellent defender on and away from the ball as well. He applies ball pressure, picks pockets, and is alert, active, and quick to the ball in the passing lanes. Lewis competes with constant energy and urgency on both ends of the floor.

"He plays very hard and has off the charts explosion at the rim. With hard work and continued attention to detail on his ball handling and jumper, we could see Lewis turn into one of the top shooting guard prospects in the country for the 2023 class."

Reactions: Rot
I don’t expect to win too many recruiting battles this year but to get better moving forward as the coaching staff settles in and holding gets a season under his belt

Well we lost out on 2 really good power forward opportunities to in-conferece foes. Maybe somebody will pop up today?
Not sure when the cutoff is for grad transfers and those in the portal for actually signing with a new team but tomorrow is the cutoff for jumping into the portal and being eligible to play this season.

6 ft and I can shoot. I'm more a 2 guard. Utep needs size not more guards. I dont think I can beat out Boum for starting gig. He is better than me.
We have enough guards, but thanks for offering your services lol and IDK man you probably play better defense than Boum!

We have enough guards, but thanks for offering your services lol and IDK man you probably play better defense than Boum!

Actually I play great defense. I meant to say I cant beat out Boum. Actually you know its really hard to play good offense and good defense. It's very rare that a player does both. Especially a guard. Whens last time Utep had someone that does both?? Randy I think was
good on defense .

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
Are we sure we're reading this correctly? I understand that July 1 is the deadline for athletes to declare for transfer if they play spring sports. It isn't a deadline to decide where to transfer. The deadline for fall and winter athletes was May 1.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
Okay, today is the deadline for all athletes to declare for the transfer portal. Next year it will move to May 1 and July 1. Here is the link to the transfer portal. Hundreds of players available. Note that many players have declared within the last day or so.

Reactions: groundrounds
Are we sure we're reading this correctly? I understand that July 1 is the deadline for athletes to declare for transfer if they play spring sports. It isn't a deadline to decide where to transfer. The deadline for fall and winter athletes was May 1.
Those in the portal by tonight can still transfer and be eligible immediately. After tonight they cannot enter the portal and then transfer without sitting out for a year or try for a waiver. Whoever is in the portal by tonight can still come to UTEP and play this season. A 7' center from the Big 10 entered the portal today.

I still think Golding will sign 2 more players but in the meantime I think our team looks like:

5. Verhoeven, Maring
4 Sibley, Onyema
3 Kennedy, Satterfield
2 Boum, Agnew
1. Bieniemy, Giffa

My spelling might be a bit off but you know who I mean, I'm sure.

After a great talk with Boss Doug, I am thankful to say I have received a job offer from Tom’s Restaurant restaurant.
I graduated from UTEP university.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT