ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Basketball Recruiting

4 of our top 5 scorers are returning with Boum, Kennedy, JB and Agnew who averaged 42 pts a game combined. Is it reasonable that they increase that to 50 pts a game while adding others like Sibley and Satterfield to the scoring mix. I think our bigs can give us 10-15 pts a night as well......Hopefully.

Our main concern will be playing defense, replacing rebounds and playing rim defense. If we can do that I think the scoring will come.

We will certainly have a better idea by the end of December.

Mostly I just lurk and comment occasionally when I have something to add. I spend most of my time at the Den.

It was definitely a back-handed compliment at best Fili, and I apologize. I enjoy your posts. It is true that I disagree with most of your conclusions, but you are a positive contributor. There are lots of trolls here and you aren't one of them. You have opinions and the courage of your convictions.

As I said, I agree with you. I think that part of our offensive problems was forcing it to BW who wasn't putting 100% into every game. If Golding is the coach I think he is, he will find ways to put his players in position to be successful. Tarke could have been a solid contributor. So could Sjolund. I think we will see other guys do more than we realized they could.

He has been around for a while, I think he is a Kyyotes den reg…None of us really know where the scoring is going to come from, let’s see what Golding can do with a team. Maybe he will use them towards their strengths, and abilities. That’s coaching. They have a good variety of players, let’s hope they come together early on.

Last edited:
ive been here longer than 2001.

besides who has username than rhymes with Syphilis 😁:confused:

From what I hear, the players love playing for coach golding and it is night and day from Terry. They will run a more complicated offense. The future looks very promising and feelings from within the program are that it is just a matter of when not if the team breaks through big time. It may not happen this year, but they will be very competitive with the guys that are back. The new offense should suit Verhooven better. Everyone within the program loves coach Golding and this should be a fun team to watch. He is not the recruiter that Terry was and that is apparent by the amount of recruiting battles they lost, but the players love to play for him and the offensive and defensive system they are implementing will give them a chance to win more than Terry`s teams. Expect big things from Bienamy.

From what I hear, the players love playing for coach golding and it is night and day from Terry. They will run a more complicated offense. The future looks very promising and feelings from within the program are that it is just a matter of when not if the team breaks through big time. It may not happen this year, but they will be very competitive with the guys that are back. The new offense should suit Verhooven better. Everyone within the program loves coach Golding and this should be a fun team to watch. He is not the recruiter that Terry was and that is apparent by the amount of recruiting battles they lost, but the players love to play for him and the offensive and defensive system they are implementing will give them a chance to win more than Terry`s teams. Expect big things from Bienamy.
Don't remember you, but love your post. Hope you're info is a bullseye. Where are you getting your inside scoop?

Well its honeymoon period still for sure everyone is happy. Just wait when playing times get cut.

Don't remember you, but love your post. Hope you're info is a bullseye. Where are you getting your inside scoop?

Well its honeymoon period still for sure everyone is happy. Just wait when playing times get cut.
It is more about the energy, enthusiasm, making the game fun, being able to be yourself, etc. Which is the complete opposite of what the returning players were used to.

He's right in Western Kentucky's wheel house and has already taken an unofficial to Kentucky.

Who did Terry recruit here that was so great?

Oh, you mean the "Ignored Member". I don't see his stuff usually. There is a forum glitch that lets it through sometimes. Ugh!
No there's actually an Aggie he was talking to. Not a New Mexico one but a Texas one.

Agree Maniac. I think Boum is also a solid Terry recruit. I'm hoping he is better under Golding.
Good point Train. I agree, if Boum fully buys into Golding's system he could be something special. Also, Bienemy had some moments last year where he was really good (and, of course, moments where he wasn't). Maybe better coaching will bring consistency to his game.

Then why didn’t he follow CRT?
There could be a number of reasons:
  • it didn't work out so well the last time he followed CRT, or
  • he thought the roster at Tech gave him a better shot at playing time, or
  • he liked his potential teammates better at Tech, or
  • he liked the coaching staff better at Tech, or
  • he preferred Tech, the school, to UT, or
  • there could be a host of other reasons.
But according to the articles I read Texas was in the mix.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
There could be a number of reasons:
  • it didn't work out so well the last time he followed CRT, or
  • he thought the roster at Tech gave him a better shot at playing time, or
  • he liked his potential teammates better at Tech, or
  • he liked the coaching staff better at Tech, or
  • he preferred Tech, the school, to UT, or
  • there could be a host of other reasons.
But according to the articles I read Texas was in the mix.
Nah — Beard didn’t want him, or his grades were shit.

I get that you're a Longhorn fan, too, but not everyone will choose Texas over other schools, and Beard isn't going to win every recruiting battle.
Terry was a great recruiter at Texas, and maybe he will be again, but he wasn’t here.

Good point Train. I agree, if Boum fully buys into Golding's system he could be something special. Also, Bienemy had some moments last year where he was really good (and, of course, moments where he wasn't). Maybe better coaching will bring consistency to his game.
We haven’t seen the best of Bieniemy yet. I think Golding will bring it out of him. Same with Kennedy. With Golding’s defense first mentality, Kennedy has the potential to thrive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT