ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Basketball Recruiting

I'm just glad this is being created for basketball. We will get it for football soon enough, just need to show there will be enough donors for basketball first (we are a basketball first school).
But football is the moneymaker. Football is what get schools into better conferences. Look at Memphis and Uconn. Kansas is also about to be left behind. UTSA is passing Utep because of football.

But football is the moneymaker. Football is what get schools into better conferences. Look at Memphis and Uconn. Kansas is also about to be left behind. UTSA is passing Utep because of football.
It's true but our fan base is basketball first. Football has been a joke since 1967 so it'll be tougher to get the fans to donate to the program... we need to go to bowl games and win. Compete for conference titles.

I mean Givance,McKinney,Zackery,Hardy & Lemus
Going to have to play 2 at a time most of the time
I view Givance and Zachery as more natural point guards. I think McKinney may be an option at the point, but in my opinion, he a guy who is better attacking offensively from the 2. The question mark that I have on Zachery and McKinney is their ability to make an open shot. As mentioned by MikePatrick, I think shooting overall could be an issue. I will be interested to see what type of scoring we can get out of the three spot, with Sibley and Frazier. It sounds like Solomon and dos Anjos will man the 4 as undersized PFs.

Going into next year, depending on how things pan out behind Givance, I could see Golding adding a veteran PG as axing mentioned. While Golding did pick up a couple of freshman guard commits, neither of those guys play the point.

Kap;
Big600ESPN

“Last weekend, I had an opportunity to visit my first UTEP men's basketball practice of the 2022-23 season. Besides the obvious roster overhaul, Miner fans who watched last year's team win 20 games will notice some similarities and other differences with this group.

Much like last season, head coach Joe Golding has a lineup that can be guard-heavy, especially when it comes to scoring. The Miners have four guards who should see plenty of time on the floor this season: Shamar Givance, Tae Hardy, Malik Zachery, and Mario McKinney Jr. Givance and Hardy are proven commodities who will most likely form a terrific 1-2 punch…”

This UTEP Men's Basketball Team Has An Entirely Different Feel

Kap;
Big600ESPN

“Last weekend, I had an opportunity to visit my first UTEP men's basketball practice of the 2022-23 season. Besides the obvious roster overhaul, Miner fans who watched last year's team win 20 games will notice some similarities and other differences with this group.

Much like last season, head coach Joe Golding has a lineup that can be guard-heavy, especially when it comes to scoring. The Miners have four guards who should see plenty of time on the floor this season: Shamar Givance, Tae Hardy, Malik Zachery, and Mario McKinney Jr. Givance and Hardy are proven commodities who will most likely form a terrific 1-2 punch…”

This UTEP Men's Basketball Team Has An Entirely Different Feel
Lemus was left out- wonder is he injured or noticeable not as good as the others?
He played for a very good juco team 2 years and Southeastern juco 1 year so he has 3 years juco experience

Lemus was left out- wonder is he injured or noticeable not as good as the others?
He played for a very good juco team 2 years and Southeastern juco 1 year so he has 3 years juco experience
His stats were mighty impressive and the videos as well.

ELIJAHJONES​

East Carolina Pirates

If we can beat those powerhouse teams after him, Golding might be on to something

12 ppg, meaning 3 ppg at UTEP. Another websites also 20 ppg but in 5 mpg. Weird.

35% three point shooter, which means he will take 10 three point shots a game and air ball 8 of them. One will go in, the other will barely clang off the back of the rim and go over the backboard. Once he gets to UTEP.

85% FT shooter, which means 64% once he gets to UTEP

12 ppg, meaning 3 ppg at UTEP. Another websites also 20 ppg but in 5 mpg. Weird.

35% three point shooter, which means he will take 10 three point shots a game and air ball 8 of them. One will go in, the other will barely clang off the back of the rim and go over the backboard. Once he gets to UTEP.

85% FT shooter, which means 64% once he gets to UTEP
It was 12 last year and 20 this year

Sounds like a decent prospect to me (compared to most freshman utep could get)

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
I don’t care who they are offering — if they can’t shoot I don’t want them lol. — I don’t care how good their defense is
Both and on campus (I really don't want to go through those Floyd days again).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT