ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP BB Recruiting Class in Top 15

Best news is that they're all here and working except for McSwiggan. He should be here soon though.

chihuahoop auto message: "I am currently out of the office right now. This is an automated message, but I will be back by 2:00 pm MST to make more falsehoods and bogus claims as to why Floyd sucks"

Reactions: PickAx
Its a fact Floyd sucks, people don't have to make falsehoods and bogus claims. We play in one the weakest conferences in college basketball and we have nothing but zeros....0 cusa regular season titles, 0 times playing in the cusa tournament finals, 0 NCAA Tournament appearances, 0 post season wins. And Floyd has been here 5 years.

Recruiting rankings don't mean crap. Wasn't Floyds 2nd recruiting class at UTEP one of the best too and what ever became of that??????

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
I am delighted for Floyd. Great recruitment group with an abundance of excellent outside shooters. Will finally enable him to play small and quick and utilize a similar attack mode that the NBA Warriors employ with all their great outside shooters. Saw him use that same approach while at SC and he was very successful.

You're the most happy when reality most aligns with expectations. I'll admit when Floyd was hired I was expecting a Wichita State, Gonzaga, VCU, Memphis like run for the Miners. Reality is that the Floyd tenure has been filled with off the court controversies, roster turmoil, and on-the-court progress that resembles highway construction.

I'm officially in "show-me mode" when it comes to Floyd and Men's UTEP Basketball. I'm highly suspicious/doubtful of Floyd and his intentions. I don't buy preseason hype and optimism. I don't believe that any recruit will play here until he actually plays. I don't think any player is still here until he actually shows up the next game. I don't believe Floyd wants to coach at UTEP until he stops taking meetings and being shady every time a P5 vacancy opens up.

This board doesn't have enough active posters to ignore anyone IMO. Plus, it's far more entertaining to stir it up with those you disagree with than to all share the same general paradigm.

This board doesn't have enough active posters to ignore anyone IMO. Plus, it's far more entertaining to stir it up with those you disagree with than to all share the same general paradigm.

Good point but, from my personal perspective, I have to deal with idiots like this during the day where they sometimes do real damage. I don't like having to deal with them during my fun time. They do not serve a positive purpose.

That said, I do enjoy how randaddy and mistbinks keep fitfud boxed in at http://csnbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=439. The problem here is that the admins allow a person to have multiple handles. So one troll can actually be 4 trolls. All that hate is too much to bear.

And I am enjoying chichi's new nemesis. But, hateful crap is hateful crap. I don't need it.

Last edited:
The way I see recruiting and these rankings is all for fan bases. It makes us feel warm and fuzzy inside knowing UTEP is top 15. The real work for the coaches starts by developing these players and having them fit into the scheme their looking to run. Do Miner fans have a right to question these rankings? Heck yea Miner fans do because of what Miner fans have seen in the past 5 seasons with CTF under the helm. I'm really hoping transfer PG can run this offense where the team doesn't look lost out there like it would at times last year.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
I realize we have been here before regarding highly touted recruiting classes. The only reason I feel this season could be different is because we have recruits coming in that can play in their natural positions. A true PG!

The way I see recruiting and these rankings is all for fan bases. It makes us feel warm and fuzzy inside knowing UTEP is top 15. The real work for the coaches starts by developing these players and having them fit into the scheme their looking to run. Do Miner fans have a right to question these rankings? Heck yea Miner fans do because of what Miner fans have seen in the past 5 seasons with CTF under the helm. I'm really hoping transfer PG can run this offense where the team doesn't look lost out there like it would at times last year.

So...Artist; for some reason Hoop Scoop's agenda is to make Miner fans feel warm and fuzzy. What a concept. Guess we should thank them for their thoughtfulness.

The most intelligent, logical, and thought out post in this entire thread was by minermx07. It wasn't slanted one way or the other, just straight up and to the point. It was just glossed over by everyone. I guess you can't have clear, coherent takes on here to be heard. That's why I stopped posting. It seems as if you have to be a troll who takes unwarranted, unnecessary shots at the program and refuse to see any bright spots. Or you have to be a complete Floyd jock sniffer who thinks he is Phil Jackson, Gregg Popovich and Mike Kresweski all rolled into one.

First, it's "you're", not "your". Second, El Paso Chihuahua is not me. It's just a troll account.

I am not a troll. I am UTEP Athletic fan who happens to enjoy local AAA baseball. I'm sorry if you can not keep up and debate with me. Keep up or step off. This message board is going places and we can't be drugged down by cowards like you.

Reactions: roundsound11
I have read all the nonsense you have posted back and forth answering your own post under different names, just saying... get a life ...we are miner fans here...go back to nmsu board if they even have one ...YOU SORRY A$$

I have read all the nonsense you have posted back and forth answering your own post under different names, just saying... get a life ...we are miner fans here...go back to nmsu board if they even have one ...YOU SORRY A$$

Huh? I only have one user name. I am a UTEP graduate and a UTEP season ticket holder. Not sure what your problem is.

Reactions: shyminer81
The most intelligent, logical, and thought out post in this entire thread was by minermx07. It wasn't slanted one way or the other, just straight up and to the point. It was just glossed over by everyone. I guess you can't have clear, coherent takes on here to be heard. That's why I stopped posting. It seems as if you have to be a troll who takes unwarranted, unnecessary shots at the program and refuse to see any bright spots. Or you have to be a complete Floyd jock sniffer who thinks he is Phil Jackson, Gregg Popovich and Mike Kresweski all rolled into one.

Regarding minermx07's post. The entire post is slanted negatively toward Flloyd and the program. Please name anything positive.

That's sexist. We all know El Paso Chihuahuas needs a man. You assume too much!

BTW, the attendance is very low on this board. Can't Rivals do better than this? Pitiful.

What disappoints me most about UTEP sports and fans is the quality of the Trolls. Come on. There are teams in C-USA with real Trolls that can ruin your entire week. UTEP's Trolls are pansies. A bunch of limp wristed, pink tutu wearing mongrels. They couldn't even pee in a bowl of your Wheaties if it was the size of Ascarate Lake.

At least other teams in our league have Trolls that don't wave rainbow flags at everyone. How embarrassing for UTEP.

Haha, just kidding. :D

Last edited:
I really like this place except that some people seem so angry. But, I have a question. Why are you talking to someone who is ignoring you. Doesn't that mean that they can't see your comment? Why do you talk to them if they can't see you? Isn't that like a cowardly bully?

54921551.jpg

One more thing, Epsilon00, you are is spelled you're, not your. Don't they have spell check here? I'm not very smart and even I know that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT