ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP completes 2024 OOC schedule

The Miners will host fcs Southern Utah for the only home non-conference game. OOC road games at Nebraska, Colorado St and Tennessee. Weird schedule.
Sounds like money games unless Golding really believes in the team. Sure we have a decent chance against Nebraska and an outside chance at Colorado State, but we’re going to get boatraced by Tennessee.

The home slate isn’t great, but at least all the games are winnable. I agree, weird schedule.

Family and I are hoping to get tix for the Huskers game. Have that one penciled in.

Sounds like money games unless Golding really believes in the team. Sure we have a decent chance against Nebraska and an outside chance at Colorado State, but we’re going to get boatraced by Tennessee.

The home slate isn’t great, but at least all the games are winnable. I agree, weird schedule.

This is football......

Reactions: kickballpro
It is what it is. I do wonder if UTEP could afford football independence, build a better schedule and find a good home for other sports. I doubt it but it would be interesting.
I had suggested UTEP move to Independent and WAC last summer and before. It was met with mostly jeers, but I thought it was better for UTEP to be proactive.

Well, things have changed. Texas and Oklahoma moving, caused a lot of movement. Liberty, NMSU, and BYU are no longer independents and the WAC has changed too.

Being a football Independent is no longer attractive to me. I can’t imagine UTEP would seriously consider it at this point.

Reactions: JCorona
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT