ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP/CUSA Preseason Predection/Preview

There are still many transfer guys who are pending waiver decisions by the NCAA. Only a few have been officially denied at this point. I feel better about Sjolund than Agnew. The approval of the waiver relies greatly on the assistance by the former school. In Agnews' case, I am not sure how helpful Northern Alabama will be in getting his transfer approved.

There are still many transfer guys who are pending waiver decisions by the NCAA. Only a few have been officially denied at this point. I feel better about Sjolund than Agnew. The approval of the waiver relies greatly on the assistance by the former school. In Agnews' case, I am not sure how helpful Northern Alabama will be in getting his transfer approved.
Agree but why would Sjolund's approval even be in question. It should be a given that he is eligible. He didn't play a single minute last season.

Agree but why would Sjolund's approval even be in question. It should be a given that he is eligible. He didn't play a single minute last season.
Yep. Although Sjolund did redshirt, he was still enrolled at Wake Forest, so I guess there is that. I agree, the NCAA's methods are often nonsensical. At this point, I think they are just trying to hold on to whatever power they can to "oversee" the process.

Here we go with Saint Bassey love affair. Look for WKU to totally underachieve. Jackson & Wallace still doing their country tour for UTSA I see. UNT's best player is their coach. I'm surprised he has not been poached?

CUSA will come out swinging but underwhelm the competition. A once proud basketball first conference has shifted to football first a few years ago and it is doing damage.

Is there anyone here that can ask Terry or his staff why the NCAA has a problem with Sjolund's eligibility? It's such an obvious confused situation. He sat out a whole year. Bieniemy on the other hand, played last year. Someone is discombobulated.

180. Rodney Terry (UTEP) (Last year: 191)
Overall record: 151-144
After leading Fresno State to the NCAA Tournament in 2016, Terry took the chance to return to Texas by taking the UTEP job in 2018. A former Longhorns assistant, Terry has hard work ahead with the Miners but has already manufactured a 9-win improvement across his first two seasons in El Paso. He did fantastic work building Fresno State into a Mountain West contender, but we’ll see what’s in store for him with the Miners.

I had to see....
He is ahead of Ogden and Sanchez

Reactions: JCorona
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT