ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Drops to 9th

JCorona

MI Miner Maniac
Jun 15, 2014
in the CUSA attendance average. BS could always tip his hat and say we are top three but not anymore. Senter has a lot of work to do. On the bright side for the third year in a row UTEP averaged more than the CUSA champion.

1. 28,748 UAB
  2. 22,821 UTSA
  3. 22,417 Marshall
  4. 22,362 UNT
  5. 21,711 USM
  6. 21,163 LT
  7. 20,118 ODU
  8. 19,704 RICE
  9. 19,548 UTEP
  10. 18,568 FAU
  11. 16,718 MTSU
  12. 16,196 FIU
  13. 15,706 WKU
  14. 12,618 Charlotte
Average 19,942

Reactions: El Paso 777
People will go back to not caring next year. Birmingham cares about Auburn and Bama only. UAB football is an extreme afterthought.

People will go back to not caring next year. Birmingham cares about Auburn and Bama only. UAB football is an extreme afterthought.

This is completely right. I was at the UTEP vs. UAB game and Legion Field (a huge stadium, admittedly ) was about 1/4 full if that. The Iron Bowl was taking place an hour away and we were told most local fans were watching that instead.

Someone recently tried to convince me that if UTEP converted the Sun Bowl into a soccer stadium a men's soccer team would "sell out every game".... I looked it up and the NCAA record for average attendance for a soccer season is under 6000 per game.

Someone recently tried to convince me that if UTEP converted the Sun Bowl into a soccer stadium a men's soccer team would "sell out every game".... I looked it up and the NCAA record for average attendance for a soccer season is under 6000 per game.

The Sun Bowl isn't sold out out for the Mexican teams.

That person is out of his/her mind.

This is completely right. I was at the UTEP vs. UAB game and Legion Field (a huge stadium, admittedly ) was about 1/4 full if that. The Iron Bowl was taking place an hour away and we were told most local fans were watching that instead.

Hmm. And yet, as an after thought, they still led our conference in attendance...by a mile.

Hmm. And yet, as an after thought, they still led our conference in attendance...by a mile.

yep... they had a huge showing at that first game -- 45,212. That made up for the 14,505 announced for the last game vs. UTEP. Most of their home games got about 25,000. Legion Field is bigger than the Sun Bowl so even that didn't make it look as full as it would smaller stadiums. That last game was so empty that I felt badly for the seniors who were getting recognized for their senior day. Many stuck by a program that didn't exist for two years

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT