ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP FAU OPT and Game Thread

Amazing, FAU can recruit a solid team, while we struggle. All this history, and it means nothing, at this point. UTEP athletics needs help. Ok, back to the game, Miners have had their chance to really cut this lead down, but keep faltering. Let’s see how they come out at the half, FAU is solid and deep. Tall order.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
My God, we suck at shooting.
Golding really needs to bring in a guy that can score. Hardy is okay but doesn't seem like starting material.

Due to the new transfer rules, I don't think we will be seeing much help coming in next season (as we should be keeping everyone but Givance).

We weren't going to win this game tonight, but it should be much closer. We've given them a ton of help tonight. I realize that I sound like a broken record, but damn is it frustrating
And to prove my point we miss an easy layup off of a steal

It has more to do with us not being a very good team.
Certainly we're not as talented as we need to be. But we should be able to make a higher percentage of layups than we have tonight, we should be value the ball more than we have tonight and other times this season, and we should be smart enough to not commit the volume of silly fouls that we have. They are better and more talented, but we gave them plenty of help

FINAL STATS:
FAU can shoot we can't.

TEAM STATS
i
i
FG20-4720-65
Field Goal %42.630.8
3PT6-163-16
Three Point %37.518.8
FT21-3116-21
Free Throw %67.776.2
Rebounds4042
Offensive Rebounds816
Defensive Rebounds3226
Assists103
Steals310
Blocks52
Total Turnovers2015
Fouls2124

How often can we say that free throws kept it close. Hit 3 more 3s and we win. Why did Sibley not play?

Their bigs were the difference IMHO. We couldn't do anything inside and it screwed up our confidence from the beginning of the game.
So much for the arguement that you don't need big centers to win in CUSA.

Believe it or not, our free throw shooting was better than FAU's. That is the only bright(er) spot as we were absolutely abhorrent in our inside/outside shooting. Layups anyone?

Just got back, I’ve been traveling for work so I haven’t seen the team in a while but my goodness. Undisciplined and strange coaching decisions were compounded by the fact we could not buy a bucket to save our lives.

Multiple times we had an opportunity to spark a come back and threaten FAU, but it always ended in a turnover or missed shot. I want Golding to pull Shamar’s green light for 3s for a few games. Absolutely no reason to air ball two three point shots as a D1 Guard

We missed waaaay too many layups. The refs were too involved in this game. Just like I said in football season, we don't know how to play with a crowd. Every time we get a semi respectable crowd the team screws it up. With that said, our defense was amazing but at some point you gotta score some points to win

Reactions: MINER.JAY
When your shots are going in you look good. Not tonight. I think it was their bigs.
They seemed to actually go small for a good part-majority of the second half, at least until #3 got injured. Then again once #50 came back in they started feeding him down low

Hard to believe these guys are such poor shooters. Maybe I’m mistaken but wasn’t Mckenny supposed to be one of the better offensive players. He looks terrible out there. Not that anyone looked good.

Their bigs were the difference IMHO. We couldn't do anything inside and it screwed up our confidence from the beginning of the game.
So much for the arguement that you don't need big centers to win in CUSA.
I thought it was guard play and it wasn't even close. Our guards can't shoot and turn it over in crucial moments

Reactions: MinerMambo
I thought it was the obvious fact that FAU is just flat out a much better team from top to bottom. That is why they are undefeated in conference play and we are below .500.

Last edited:
I thought it was guard play and it wasn't even close. Our guards can't shoot and turn it over in crucial moments
I agree. Our bigs are not great but serviceable. Guard play is absolutely terrible. We have no one that can run the offense or be a go to scorer.

Reactions: picks up
Amazing, FAU can recruit a solid team, while we struggle. All this history, and it means nothing, at this point. UTEP athletics needs help. Ok, back to the game, Miners have had their chance to really cut this lead down, but keep faltering. Let’s see how they come out at the half, FAU is solid and deep. Tall order.
It didn’t happen over night. This is Dusty May’s 5th year.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
What exactly is the problem with tickets prices? There are tickets available for $9.15. Is it that y’all want front row center tickets for $10?
The $9.15 tickets are the last 5 rows or so in the corners and behind the basket. I think that pricing is fair for those seats. The same seats in the “middle” are $14. Row 35 is $14, Row 34 is $22! Row 25 is $22, Row 24 is $50!!!! A $28 jump from one row to the next. It’s ridiculous.

Rows 1-24 are all $50 in the middle sections. They’re $42 and $32 in the corners and behind the basket. Why would anyone pay $50 for a seat when the row behind them is $22? It’s not separated by a huge concourse or anything. It’s literally the next row.

The ticket prices are not inline with the teams output or the opposition.

The $9.15 tickets are the last 5 rows or so in the corners and behind the basket. I think that pricing is fair for those seats. The same seats in the “middle” are $14. Row 35 is $14, Row 34 is $22! Row 25 is $22, Row 24 is $50!!!! A $28 jump from one row to the next. It’s ridiculous.

Rows 1-24 are all $50 in the middle sections. They’re $42 and $32 in the corners and behind the basket. Why would anyone pay $50 for a seat when the row behind them is $22? It’s not separated by a huge concourse or anything. It’s literally the next row.

The ticket prices are not inline with the teams output or the opposition.
Yeah, I was just complaining on a different thread. You broke it down better.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT