ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP FB 2021 Televised Games

MinerInWisconsin

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 28, 2001
College FB television schedule for 2021 is coming out piecemeal now. CUSA main partner cbssn has announced their schedule and no Miner games were included.
Fox Sports announced theirs today and since the MWC is contracted with them UTEP will be on FS1 vs Boise St with the game moved to Friday night 9/10.

If I see more I'll post it here.

College FB television schedule for 2021 is coming out piecemeal now. CUSA main partner cbssn has announced their schedule and no Miner games were included.
Fox Sports announced theirs today and since the MWC is contracted with them UTEP will be on FS1 vs Boise St with the game moved to Friday night 9/10.

If I see more I'll post it here.
Not surprising. Sometimes I wouldn't care to watch UTEP, even when there wasn't anything else worthwhile on TV. Winning some games will change all that.

The NMSU game will be on FloSports.

All the others will be on ESPN+ and maybe a game or two on Stadium.
So shameless plug to all. If you don't subscribe to ESPN Plus, it is well worth the $50 annual subscription price. You get all kinds of pro and college sports. They don't show every UTEP football and basketball game, but a good majority of them to satisfy. Plus you have the archive of all ESPN documentaries and specials that they produce as well. Also, if you're a soccer fan, you can watch the El Paso Locomotive games both home and away. I originally subscribed primarily for the NHL hockey games.

BCU game confirmed for 7pm kickoff on ESPN3. Which is different and not included with ESPN+. You need to subscribe to ESPN to have ESPN3 access.
If you have a carrier that includes espn then you won't need a separate subscription. For instance my Dish contract includes all the espn channels so I get espn3 at no extra charge.

UTEP with no CBSSN or Stadium games. Maybe next year we will have a coach that doesn’t have 90% of their games on ESPN+/3

Reactions: FarWestTexas
UTEP with no CBSSN or Stadium games. Maybe next year we will have a coach that doesn’t have 90% of their games on ESPN+/3

So as of now the NMSU game is not scheduled to be televised. I'm sure our local KVIA station will see to that being shown on their CW affiliate. 😜

Last edited:
If Dimel manages to guide this team to 6+ wins and a bowl appearance then they will make a couple of appearances the following season but being on cbssn or stadium doesn't offer a ton of exposure anyway. The cusa contract pretty much sucks but the cbssn portion will end after the 2022-23 school year. Maybe it will improve since UTEP will be winning by then, right? All our games can be seen by streaming at least.

If Dimel manages to guide this team to 6+ wins and a bowl appearance then they will make a couple of appearances the following season but being on cbssn or stadium doesn't offer a ton of exposure anyway. The cusa contract pretty much sucks but the cbssn portion will end after the 2022-23 school year. Maybe it will improve since UTEP will be winning by then, right? All our games can be seen by streaming at least.
I like the way you think ... losing is not an option ... 6 wins period ... bet the farm on it ...

Great rb but unknown Oline. Good qb but unproven wr, TE's and slot receivers. UTEP has one of CUSA's top DE's in Praise Amaewhule but after watching spring game PA was a beast but the rest of the line looked iffy. New O and D coordinator, so unless they can do their best William Wallace impersonation, 4 wins will be a great season.

Great rb but unknown Oline. Good qb but unproven wr, TE's and slot receivers. UTEP has one of CUSA's top DE's in Praise Amaewhule but after watching spring game PA was a beast but the rest of the line looked iffy. New O and D coordinator, so unless they can do their best William Wallace impersonation, 4 wins will be a great season.
2 great rb's in Wadley and Hanks with good backups in Awatt, Eldridge, Flores.
Oline is proven and returns all starters.
2 proven wr's in Cowan and Garrett.

7 starters back on defense and 11 starters back on offense. Should be a much improved team. 6+ wins or Dimel should be gone. No excuses in 2021.

At this point I think Awatt is better than Wadley. Last year Awatt was a revelation. Everytime he touched the ball I was more impressed.

I hope we see more of Eldridge. I think he has the highest ceiling of any of the running backs. Any production we get from Wadley will be a bonus.

The only question marks on offense are qb and tight end. There are no excuses for not winning.

Great rb but unknown Oline. Good qb but unproven wr, TE's and slot receivers. CUSA top DE Praise Amaewhule but still after watching spring PA was a beast but
....Should be a much improved team. 6+ wins or Dimel should be gone. No excuses in 2021.

So noted. I got my season tickets and I hope to eat my words.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
Really impressed with Dennis Barnes at wr and Tyrin Smith. Like said above, talent is here. No excuses

I will be absolutely shocked if we win 5 games... after all it’s utep football and we still have the head coach calling the offense.... I hope I am wrong

I will be absolutely shocked if we win 5 games... after all it’s utep football and we still have the head coach calling the offense.... I hope I am wrong

I will be absolutely shocked if we win 5 games... after all it’s utep football and we still have the head coach calling HIS TERRIBLE offense.... I hope I am wrong

fixed it for you

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Write it down folks: four wins with Dimel's dismissal at seasons end. Overall talent has improved, defense has improved but the offense remains terrible and doesn't score enough points to overcome a below average defense despite upgrade in talent. Dimel's stubborness will lead to his downfall here at UTEP. I hope I am wrong too.

Write it down folks: four wins with Dimel's dismissal at seasons end. Overall talent has improved, defense has improved but the offense remains terrible and doesn't score enough points to overcome a below average defense despite upgrade in talent. Dimel's stubborness will lead to his downfall here at UTEP. I hope I am wrong too.
Oooh, Ye of little faith, just calm down now, everyone knows that this season will for 6 wins and a bowl game.

Win total prediction: 1 or less

I think the team could win 5ish (plus or minus 1) but Dimel's decision making will result in at least 2 losses in close games. Hope I'm wrong and they go to a bowl game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT