Reactions: axingfools1
Unt 20k

1-1 UTEP then 24k vs nmsu
0-2 15k

3-1, 28k vs Boise
2-2, 22k
1-3, 16k

Hard to predict the rest of the season.

UNT 30k if UTEP promotes well and offers specials. Otherwise 24k.

NMSU 35k if 2-1.

Boise St 41k if 3-1.

FAU 33k if 5-2.

MTSU 33k if 6-2.

FIU 30K if 8-2.

The marketing department should use the entire season's budget for the UNT game. Get as many people as possible for UNT. The NMSU game and Boise games should market themselves. NMSU should bring a nice contingent and Boise is the biggest name on the home schedule. If we win and are heading towards a special season the bandwagon and casual fans will be there for the two October games and November game. If we have a disappointing season no amount of promotions or advertising will get people in the stadium for the last three games. Use all the budget week one and hope the the season is successful and excitement builds.

The marketing department should use the entire season's budget for the UNT game. Get as many people as possible for UNT. The NMSU game and Boise games should market themselves. NMSU should bring a nice contingent and Boise is the biggest name on the home schedule. If we win and are heading towards a special season the bandwagon and casual fans will be there for the two October games and November game. If we have a disappointing season no amount of promotions or advertising will get people in the stadium for the last three games. Use all the budget week one and hope the the season is successful and excitement builds.
Well stated. I’m not for throwing the dice on budgets but if the season turns out special, look for Colin Deaver to put down the Las Cruces Winery booze and pop open a cold Bud Chelada at a UTEP parking lot kissing ass with UTEP fans.

Offer Shuttle buses .

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Naw I think the crowds are gone. It's gonna take a very special season (10+ wins) to bring them back and I don't think next year is it.
It better be. Hardison has now had plenty of time to perfect that NFL quality arm of his. No excuses, even against OU. I don’t expect a close game at all in Norman but I expect good passing game #’s from him.

Speaking of OU, UTEP can learn how to be Uber efficient and execute plays. A big, big bug-a-boo of Dimel’s offense.

I think UTEP will average in the low 20s with a winning record. I think today’s fans want to see exciting football, and Dimel’s style of football although it’s effective it’s just not fan friendly. Plus I think fans haven’t gotten behind this team either so I don’t think there’s much buzz going into this season.

I think UTEP will average in the low 20s with a winning record. I think today’s fans want to see exciting football, and Dimel’s style of football although it’s effective it’s just not fan friendly. Plus I think fans haven’t gotten behind this team either so I don’t think there’s much buzz going into this season.

I think there is a small population of fans that care about the style of play. Most El Pasoans want to be part of an event.

UTEP Football Fans are front runners and fickle. They'll go see a winner no matter what they run.

El Pasoans show up for cheap and free giveaways. You want the casual fan, fireworks, Free Stuff, cheap ticket, free ticket, etc...

Then you have the group that wants to be there because its the place to be that night and they need it for their Instagram.

Then you have the kid friendly crowd, they're looking for a place where they can have a night out with their kids.

The Tailgaters, they don't purchase tickets but they're essential to providing a Game Day atmosphere.

The smallest population is the die hards that will go no matter what. This is the smallest group.

The bottom line, to get the biggest crowds, you have to win and the venue itself has to have exceptional entertainment value.

Your probably right. Personaly I would go to every game, win or lose, air raid offense or wishbone, if I was in the area. But lacking the air raid offense and being able to stream games and avoid the expense and hassle of attending games is a lot to overcome.

UNT: 25K
NMSU if 1-1: 31K
Boise St. if 3-1: 40K (could’ve been more of it was on a Saturday)
FAU: 29K
MTSU: 33K
FIU: 32K

I think there is a small population of fans that care about the style of play. Most El Pasoans want to be part of an event.

UTEP Football Fans are front runners and fickle. They'll go see a winner no matter what they run.

El Pasoans show up for cheap and free giveaways. You want the casual fan, fireworks, Free Stuff, cheap ticket, free ticket, etc...

Then you have the group that wants to be there because its the place to be that night and they need it for their Instagram.

Then you have the kid friendly crowd, they're looking for a place where they can have a night out with their kids.

The Tailgaters, they don't purchase tickets but they're essential to providing a Game Day atmosphere.

The smallest population is the die hards that will go no matter what. This is the smallest group.

The bottom line, to get the biggest crowds, you have to win and the venue itself has to have exceptional entertainment value.
Well said!!!!

“Spark it up Saturday” for NMSU games have any possibilities? This player tried!:p

Looks like they’re having $9.15 tickets to the UNT game. Will have to visit GECU or Jack in the Box to scan a code to get them. Older people like 2Step will need the 18 year old employee making $8 a hour to explain it to them.

Realistically, anyone would just need to visit once and then send out the URL to everyone else to buy $9.15 tickets.

Last edited:
Reactions: denverutep
use that marketing money and pay students to go to the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT