ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP football 2020-21

Quote on UTEP from the Athlon 2020 football mag... by a CUSA opponent asst coach.

"Their record didn't match their look, because in pre-game you'd see a bunch of studs and athletes. Then the game starts and they just don't put it together."

Last edited:
Quote on UTEP from the Athlon 2020 football mag... by a CUSA opponent asst coach.

"Their record didn't match their look, because in pre-game you'd see a bunch of studs and athletes. Then the game starts and they just don't put it together."

That’s an interesting quote. Sure hope they can start putting things together this season. Offense will need to be far more consistent in keeping drives alive and moving the chains than they were last year.

I don’t think everyone is on the same page

For some reason, Corona posted about basketball in a football thread, as at the top of the post and before his message, the topic was football.

UTEP is 1-0 vs OSU in basketball

UTEP and Ohio St have never played in football.

While I don't think we need to add a game it would be a good idea to schedule an fcs opponent early to get our young qb's some experience and hopefully confidence. Come on over ACU.

Reactions: JCorona
It would be great to play Abilene Christian! Don’t forget though those guys can hold their own, they have good athletes on that roster. And they did beat Houston Baptist 45-20 last year. Houston Baptist gave our guys a run for their money.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
While I don't think we need to add a game it would be a good idea to schedule an fcs opponent early to get our young qb's some experience and hopefully confidence. Come on over ACU.
Do you think we would have beat HBU last year if say only 14k had shown up? The crowd and the ref played a big role in us sneaking out a win.

In an empty SB I’ll take ACU.

Do you think we would have beat HBU last year if say only 14k had shown up? The crowd and the ref played a big role in us sneaking out a win.

In an empty SB I’ll take ACU.
Yeah, at this point I wouldn't put money on the Miners but if the outcome is bad for UTEP then that SHOULD be the end of Dimel and if the Miners do well, as in win easily, then we can speculate that Dimels team is improving over last year. Almost sounds like a win win situation.

Reactions: EMA884 and JCorona
Good points. We would trade two guarantee losses for a probable win. We could enter conference play at 2-1 instead of 1-3 or 0-4. That could give us enough confidence and momentum to turn things around. Unfortunately I don’t see us winning any of the first five conference games. Maybe we win one of the last three. 3-8 is better than 2-10, I suppose.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT