ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Football Game Versus FIU Cancelled

MistaBinks

MI VIP
Jan 13, 2008
El Paso, Texas
EL PASO, TEXAS - UTEP's football game versus FIU, scheduled for this Saturday (Nov. 7) in the Sun Bowl, has been canceled.

FIU officials announced in a press release on Tuesday afternoon that "In an abundance of caution, due to the number of healthy scholarship football student-athletes available for this game, and to ensure a sufficient number moving forward, we regret to announce that we will not be playing the football game this weekend."

All season ticket holders and single-game ticket holders will be contacted within the coming days regarding refund options.

The Miners will return to action a week from Saturday (Nov. 14) at UTSA. Kickoff is set for 1 p.m. Mountain time, and the game will be streamed on ESPN+.

Unless So. Miss and UNT reschedule, then UTEP will end the year with only 1 conference home game(and that is assuming that the UAB game even happens). I know that these are difficult times, but this really magnifies UNT's decision to not play even though they were healthy.

A main reason to join a conference is that you get a set schedule of games. If UTEP ends the season with only 1 or 2 conference home games this year(and UNT and/or So. Miss choose not to reschedule) then I really feel like the conference should try to make some type of gesture to recognize what has happened, for instance possibly give us a couple of extra make up home games next year.

FIU should be forced to play with whoever they have available. I hope that if Hardison gets hurt we cancel an automatic loss due to health concerns.

I had a feeling this was going to happen after Unt did it last week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT