ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP football intro

OBRULE

Starter
Apr 7, 2007
During the Mike Price era the team would walk down the mineshaft to a Metallica song. Anybody remember which one? I’m having a brain fart!

I remember being at the Weber St. game and seeing the team come down the stairs with Metallica, seeing Price slam the the pick axe in the ground with the fireworks and thinking “Holy Sh*t! What the hell is this!?” I think those little things instilled a sense of confidence in the team and the fans as well. It’s a shame that Kugler did away with it, and really didn’t add anything bigger or better out of spite for Price.

I remember being at the Weber St. game and seeing the team come down the stairs with Metallica, seeing Price slam the the pick axe in the ground with the fireworks and thinking “Holy Sh*t! What the hell is this!?” I think those little things instilled a sense of confidence in the team and the fans as well. It’s a shame that Kugler did away with it, and really didn’t add anything bigger or better out of spite for Price.

The Mine Shaft is a cool entrance, but I hope they dont bring it back. It's a disaster waiting to happen. Guys in cleats coming down stairs in cleats full of adrenaline before a game is a disaster waiting to happen. It's not if somebody falls it's when somebody falls.

The Mine Shaft is a cool entrance, but I hope they dont bring it back. It's a disaster waiting to happen. Guys in cleats coming down stairs in cleats full of adrenaline before a game is a disaster waiting to happen. It's not if somebody falls it's when somebody falls.

It’s already been announced that it’s coming back. I actually like it and remember when Coach Price brought it in, it did inject a certain excitement. More than a few folks on this board and the other one were for it.

No one fell in those years, and I hope no one does. The whole bike thing out of the tunnel was reminiscent of the 80-90’s, no?

That's was a cool intro I hope they bring something back cool!!! Unfortunately I don't live in EP n e more, but if they have a body game I'll go!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT