ODU - L
At USM - L
LaTech - L
At FAU - L
UTSA - W
At UNT - L
Rice - W
At UAB - L

5-7. I don’t think that’s good enough to come back for 2022. UNM/ODU/FAU/UTSA/UNT games I could see going either way. If they start 3-1 or 4-1, could be a good season.

At NMSU - W
BCU - W
At Boise - L
UNM - W
ODU - L
At USM - L
LaTech - L
At FAU - L
UTSA - W
At UNT - L
Rice - W
At UAB - L

5-7. I don’t think that’s good enough to come back for 2022. UNM/ODU/FAU/UTSA/UNT games I could see going either way. If they start 3-1 or 4-1, could be a good season.
I want to be optimistic they start 3-1 but at the same time there’s an argument to be made for a 1-3 start. If Dimel doesn’t open up the offense, or if Amaewhule get injured or the defense regresses it could be another blood bath.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
I want to be optimistic they start 3-1 but at the same time there’s an argument to be made for a 1-3 start. If Dimel doesn’t open up the offense, or if Amaewhule get injured or the defense regresses it could be another blood bath.
100%. However, there is ZERO excuse for UTEP not to be 2-0. NMSU has a lame duck coach and didn’t really play last season. Bethune Cookman is FCS and the UTEP game will be their first game since 11/23/19. No excuse not to beat them.

Reactions: unihorn
UTEP FB will shock the G5 world, going 10-2, then beating Marshall in the ccg in El Paso followed by edging BYU in the Independence Bowl.

The MWC is so impressed by the UTEP season and the average attendance of 41,502 that they invite them to join.

Or not.

Like I've said and will say again UTEP will win a minimum of 5 games. Many of you are basing your predictions on UTEP always disappointing, not the actual talent coming back. I can understand that. However all those who want to bet me $20-$100 lmk I have zelle Venmo and Cash App. The people saying 1-11 aren't paying attention, don't care or are just being silly.

Like I've said and will say again UTEP will win a minimum of 5 games. Many of you are basing your predictions on UTEP always disappointing, not the actual talent coming back. I can understand that. However all those who want to bet me $20-$100 lmk I have zelle Venmo and Cash App. The people saying 1-11 aren't paying attention, don't care or are just being silly.
You are correct. I think they will win 6-7 games. They should have a pretty solid team this season. It is their best team since 2015.

Reactions: nattybry
UTEP FB will shock the G5 world, going 10-2, then beating Marshall in the ccg in El Paso followed by edging BYU in the Independence Bowl.

The MWC is so impressed by the UTEP season and the average attendance of 41,502 that they invite them to join.

Or not.
If Aaron Price was the offensive coordinator and allowed to call the plays I would believe you. The Miners have good talent on both sides of the ball, but their Achilles heel is a terrible offensive coach, scheme, and play caller.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
I base my predictions on EXPERIEINCE, having watched many UTEP football games longer than you've probably been alive. That being said, yes I was being sarcastic in my 1-11 prediction. However, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see UTEP get humiliated by NMSU, then follow it up with an embarrassing performance against Bethune-Cookman. What looks good on paper doesn't mean a damn thing. It's what they do on the field come game day that matters.

I am with Natty on this one; however, UTEP has always had good talent but Dimel and Kugler have not brought it out (except for AJ in Kug's run, run, run only offense). Most UTEP fans are not aware Wadley was the State of Texas top rb in 4A [Kennedale running back Quardraiz Wadley was named the 4A Offensive Player of the Year] and we all know about Hankins. Hardison was 2017 New Mexico "Mr. Football" [2017 Tate Branch New Mexico Mr. Football award to Gavin Hardison of Hobbs High School.]

If Aaron Price was the offensive coordinator and allowed by call the plays I would believe you. The Miners have good talent on both sides of the ball, but their Achilles heel is a terrible offensive coach, scheme, and play caller.

Dimel is a terrible playcaller. Canales shouldn't have been a d1 coordinator. However, the Price brothers are absolute hapless as play callers. Eric was being groomed to be the head coach at UTEP when his dad was coach. Seven straight losing seasons tanked that plan. He went to Tulane and in five seasons never had an offense finish in the top 100. Aaron has done nothing to show he should be a d1 coach. He was the offensive coordinator the last four years.. The offense were horrible especially the last two seasons. There's a reason hes never been a d1 coordinator again, he's terrible. Three years ago he was a high school coach in El Paso. He has no business being on this staff. He is certainly is not the answer to this clusterf***

Dimel is a terrible playcaller. Canales shouldn't have been a d1 coordinator. However, the Price brothers are absolute hapless as play callers. Eric was being groomed to be the head coach at UTEP when his dad was coach. Seven straight losing seasons tanked that plan. He went to Tulane and in five seasons never had an offense finish in the top 100. Aaron has done nothing to show he should be a d1 coach. He was the offensive coordinator the last four years.. The offense were horrible especially the last two seasons. There's a reason hes never been a d1 coordinator again, he's terrible. Three years ago he was a high school coach in El Paso. He has no business being on this staff. He is certainly is not the answer to this clusterf***
And yet Aaron Price is the presumptive heir apparent whenever Dismel is out the door. You can thank his daddy for that.

I base my predictions on EXPERIEINCE, having watched many UTEP football games longer than you've probably been alive. That being said, yes I was being sarcastic in my 1-11 prediction. However, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see UTEP get humiliated by NMSU, then follow it up with an embarrassing performance against Bethune-Cookman. What looks good on paper doesn't mean a damn thing. It's what they do on the field come game day that matters.
Then take my bet since you're so sure. Sounds like an easy win for you, from how you're talking!

At NMSU -better be a W or coaching change
BCU - better be a W or coaching change
At Boise - fingers crossed
UNM - fingers crossed
ODU - fingers crossed
At USM - fingers crossed
LaTech - fingers crossed
At FAU - fingers crossed
UTSA - fingers crossed
At UNT - fingers crossed
Rice - fingers crossed
At UAB - fingers crossed

If only it were true. Attending Miner games since 1977 you learn to lower your expectations.
Trust me man I learned that in a 1/4 of the time it took you.

My initial response was going to be 5 wins. Anything other than 4 wins in the first five games will dictate another losing season. The schedule is set up for our first winning season since, wait for it, 2005! Wow!

And yet Aaron Price is the presumptive heir apparent whenever Dismel is out the door. You can thank his daddy for that.
Pops had been long gone and not "active" with the University as he was after stepping down as HC.

Bigwood kept mentioning his work keeping him away.

My expectation for UTEP football are to compete for the division every year. To myself, that is not unrealistic at all for this conference and for this level of college athletics I expect the coaches and players to bring their best on to the field of play.

Trust me man I learned that in a 1/4 of the time it took you.

My initial response was going to be 5 wins. Anything other than 4 wins in the first five games will dictate another losing season. The schedule is set up for our first winning season since, wait for it, 2005! Wow!
2014 Miners were 7-6 and 5-3 in CUSA play.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
My expectation for UTEP football are to compete for the division every year. To myself, that is not unrealistic at all for this conference and for this level of college athletics I expect the coaches and players to bring their best on to the field of play.
Hahahahahaha. What a crock! You never are calling for firings and have a list of excuses when things aren’t going well.

If your “expectation” is competing for the division every year, you certainly show the opposite on here. You’re happy with winning 3 games and never firing the coach. Give me a break.

Hahahahahaha. What a crock! You never are calling for firings and have a list of excuses when things aren’t going well.

If your “expectation” is competing for the division every year, you certainly show the opposite on here. You’re happy with winning 3 games and never firing the coach. Give me a break.
I'm talking about my expectation of the team, not what is reality.

Kugler pushed the emulation of Rice which was crap, however he got UTEP to a bowl by year two based on his three year plan which he then fell on his face after year three. Asking for three years is a totally realistic expectation, but he wouldn't change.

Dimel saying "give me five" is bull and has not shown progress and blew a get out of jail covid bowl by just having to beat UNT but blew it. Unlike most, I thought he was gone but Senter gave him one year but major changes must be done. I'm a business owner and Covid had the best of business men crying in their bourbon, they spoke to me confidentially. I am more than willing to give him a Charity year given a world changing event. You don't like it, then go fly a kite.

Last edited:
I'm talking about my expectation of the team, not what is reality.

Kugler pushed the emulation of Rice which was crap, however he got UTEP to a bowl by year two based on his three year plan which he then fell on his face after year three. Asking for three years is a totally realistic expectation, but he wouldn't change.

Dimel saying "give me five" is bull and has not shown progress and blew a get out of jail covid bowl by just having to beat UNT but blew it. Unlike most, I thought he was gone but Senter gave him one year but major changes must be done. I'm a business owner and Covid had the best of business men crying in their bourbon, they spoke to me confidentially. I am more than willing to give him a Charity year given a world changing event. You don't like it, then go fly a kite.
An expectation is what you would accept as minimal results. If you sell cars, your boss might give you an expectation of selling 2 cars a week. He wants you to sell 10.

I don’t think you understand the word, expectation. As any UTEP football fan expecting to compete for something they’ve never accomplished, is utterly ridiculous.

Reactions: Taco1977
An expectation is what you would accept as minimal results. If you sell cars, your boss might give you an expectation of selling 2 cars a week. He wants you to sell 10.

I don’t think you understand the word, expectation. As any UTEP football fan expecting to compete for something they’ve never accomplished, is utterly ridiculous.
I partially agree with you but in the case of building or rebuilding a college fb program, it's reasonable to have expectations of improvement as more recruits arrive, talent and depth improve until you reach a point where the coach should be expected to have good teams year in and year out. My personal expectation for this year's Miners is to make to a bowl and compete well even in the losses they incur. My further expectation is that if they fall short then the AD and Pres agree to part ways with Dimel and hire a new and better coach.

Reactions: utep-piggy
I partially agree with you but in the case of building or rebuilding a college fb program, it's reasonable to have expectations of improvement as more recruits arrive, talent and depth improve until you reach a point where the coach should be expected to have good teams year in and year out. My personal expectation for this year's Miners is to make to a bowl and compete well even in the losses they incur. My further expectation is that if they fall short then the AD and Pres agree to part ways with Dimel and hire a new and better coach.
Those are different things though. Here is his statement “My expectation for UTEP football are to compete for the division every year.”

He said every, not this year. So when Dimel took over, he expected to be competing for a division title in a 1 win season, and then expected the same the next season. He did not say this season. He said every season.

UTEP hasn’t competed for a division title since their first season in CUSA, but this guy “expects” it. It’s ridiculous and so idiotic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT