ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Football Spring Game

Report from a friend at the Garage Sale. At 9am.......long line.
images

Sorry. Couldn't help it.

Reactions: kickballpro
Report from a friend at the Garage Sale. At 9am.......long line.

Update. Hearing they are letting a few in at a time and people and people that got their early leaving with Stacks and Stacks of stuff. Probably will see all these jerseys on offer up for double the price by noon.

Reactions: JCorona
Update. Hearing they are letting a few in at a time and people and people that got their early leaving with Stacks and Stacks of stuff. Probably will see all these jerseys on offer up for double the price by noon.

I was going to take today off to go with him but told my friend I knew that this is exactly what would go down so I would rather be at work and not wait in line for 2 hours to end up with a water bottle.

Last Garage Sale Update. Buddy is finally in after waiting 3.5 hours.

The First 10 guys that got in bought the entire stock of jerseys.

Managed to get a softball jersey for my daughter. Lots of jackets, polos, hats and shirts too.

Feel like UTEP athletics missed a golden opportunity by not having someone trying to sell season tickets to those of us in line.

Finally, I hope that the turnout at the garage sale makes those in charge notice that there is a demand for Miner gear. The variety in UTEP gear is severely lacking. The EP Chihuahuas have proven that people in this town will pay for quality team gear (it helps if they're name brand)

Feel like UTEP athletics missed a golden opportunity by not having someone trying to sell season tickets to those of us in line.
Chances are that a large majority of people waiting in line, are already Miner fans. Not sure asking people if they’re interested in season tickets would be very fruitful.

The other people there, are flippers, who would not be interested in buying season tickets anyway.

The problem isn’t really opponents and game times, it’s price and winning.

Chances are that a large majority of people waiting in line, are already Miner fans. Not sure asking people if they’re interested in season tickets would be very fruitful.

The other people there, are flippers, who would not be interested in buying season tickets anyway.

Point is this, bruh......it doesn't hurt TRYING to sell season tickets to potential fans. Stop being an a hole. I know it's tough.....but TRY

I see your point but seeing as how it during business hours, it wouldn’t kill the budget to have at last one person out there. If not season tickets at least get people to donate to specific cause or just the university overall.

I personally don’t see an issue with at least trying to sell some aspect of UTEP and try to get money out of it.

Point is this, bruh......it doesn't hurt TRYING to sell season tickets to potential fans. Stop being an a hole. I know it's tough.....but TRY
“Bruh”, I wasn’t trying to be an asshole. Again, you can visit https://utepminers.com/sports/2020/2/11/tickets.aspx anytime and buy season tickets or at least get the information for when they go on sale.

The people in line were waiting for 3-4 hours by some accounts. Usually people don’t want to be “haggled” by someone selling something, when they’re already waiting to give you money. If you had a 10 minute wait for beers, would you send one of your employees through the line selling a “Buy 80 beers, get 20 free” card for $20? No, of course not.

Their selling of season tickets would be better used by setting up shop at Cielo Vista Mall every Saturday or sending emails to fans or past buyers.

I’m not saying don’t ask, but time and place.

Reactions: denverutep
I see your point but seeing as how it during business hours, it wouldn’t kill the budget to have at last one person out there. If not season tickets at least get people to donate to specific cause or just the university overall.

I personally don’t see an issue with at least trying to sell some aspect of UTEP and try to get money out of it.
Time and place. Most people don’t want to be “gouged” for more money while they’re trying to give you some. Again, those were mostly Miner fans. They know how to obtain tickets.

Went by about 12:00 still long lines. When at 2:00 still had a decent line, unfortunately I couldn’t wait. Guess I missed out!

They got your info through ticketmaster. They'll hit you up for season tickets and donations later.

And some were wondering why you had to request tickets...

How much were the jerseys?

Were they game used or just new jerseys never worn?

Last edited:
Managed to get a softball jersey for my daughter. Lots of jackets, polos, hats and shirts too.

Finally, I hope that the turnout at the garage sale makes those in charge notice that there is a demand for Miner gear. The variety in UTEP gear is severely lacking. The EP Chihuahuas have proven that people in this town will pay for quality team gear (it helps if they're name brand)

I see you're trying to sell a UTEP jersey on EBAY for $675. I doubt you'll get anywhere near that, but good luck with the sale.

I see you're trying to sell a UTEP jersey on EBAY for $675. I doubt you'll get anywhere near that, but good luck with the sale.

Only “real” fans get used merchandise that they don’t want and mark it up 100x to sell to others. Great job chuwy!

• Haha

Thanks man, UTEP is a hard sell whether cheap or overpriced.

UTEP football spring football thread and not a single break down of the god damn game y’all bitching about some worthless ass shit…this board ****ing sucks a fat dick now….. :(
We could dig up threads from 2010 if you prefer. J/K.

The spring game is just an over glorified practice which I understand because Dimel probably doesn’t want to see guys get blown up when it’s not necessary. Hardison looked ok throwing the ball, the WRs made some great grabs but other than that there wasn’t much to write home about. I look at and they “they’re playing UTEP” so we have to take it all with a grain of salt.

It was a showcase. A practice. No game played.

They ran some kicking game stuff. 7on7. Pass rush drills. Did some team plays. They didn't drive the ball up and down the field. Lots of substitutions every 3 or 4 plays.

A couple pretty great plays here and there but not really anything to breakdown.

Teicher talked to Dimel almost the whole time about different guys. He interviewed AJ and Awatt.

If you were interested in a college football practice, how its organized, how they move from drill to drill, etc... Then it was cool. But my wife and kids were bored to death.

Rebuilt receiving corps shows out in UTEP Miners football spring showcase​

Bret Bloomquist
El Paso Times

Heading into the rarest of UTEP football springs, one where the Miners are working to build on success with large numbers of returners, they had a dream script at the biggest area of need, receiver.

The hope was that Tyrin Smith would make the leap from No. 3 target to No. 1, transfer Kelly Akharaiyi would be the latest junior college revelation and more names behind them would emerge as depth possibilities.

UTEP's Kelly Akharaiyi (4) at the UTEP Spring Football Showcase on Friday, April 8, 2022, at the Sun Bowl in El Paso, Texas.

In the promoted “Spring Showcase” practice that ended the 15 workouts of spring, that dream script looked like it could become a reality.

Smith reeled in a bomb to kickstart the team portion of the workout, Akharaiyi had his typically productive day and the Miners will head to their next offseason confident they have the material to make up for their big losses.

“At times I think they exceeded expectations,” coach Dana Dimel said of his receiving corps. “Some of the guys raised their game to a level that was more than I expected.

“The depth we have at receiver is showing itself.”

That will stand as the biggest takeaway of what UTEP certainly will consider a productive spring. The Miners seemed to settle on a starting group and depth rotation at every position and received big springs from a group of early-arrival junior college transfers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT