ADVERTISEMENT

Utep futures schedule

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010

2024 Utep getting some big pay checks. Maybe Colorado St goes to Big 12 by then and Utep will have 3 money games.

Utep should schedule more teams from the Big 10 and SEC and get some of that big TV money.
2023 Utep needs to replace the NMSU game and in 2025 there is 3 open spots

here are my picks

2023 @ Rutgers they have a opening and they also have nothing scheduled for 2025
2025 @USC @Vanderbilt @LSU @Kentucky all these schools have openings

• Haha
Reactions: Cube Jack

2024 Utep getting some big pay checks. Maybe Colorado St goes to Big 12 by then and Utep will have 3 money games.

Utep should schedule more teams from the Big 10 and SEC and get some of that big TV money.
2023 Utep needs to replace the NMSU game and in 2025 there is 3 open spots

here are my picks

2023 @ Rutgers they have a opening and they also have nothing scheduled for 2025
2025 @USC @Vanderbilt @LSU @Kentucky all these schools have openings

That Colorado St game is the return of a home and home with CSU that was originally scheduled for 2018. UTEP won’t receive anything or the same minimal they were scheduled to get. Colorado St’s conference has no bearing on the game. CSU played here in 2011.

They had a H&H series scheduled before this one in 2013 & 2014. The Miners played at CSU in 2013, but canceled the 2014 home game with them to play at Kansas St instead.

That Colorado St game is the return of a home and home with CSU that was originally scheduled for 2018. UTEP won’t receive anything or the same minimal they were scheduled to get. Colorado St’s conference has no bearing on the game. CSU played here in 2011.

They had a H&H series scheduled before this one in 2013 & 2014. The Miners played at CSU in 2013, but canceled the 2014 home game with them to play at Kansas St instead.

so how much does UTEP make for playing on FOX?

Schools that play in the Big Ten and SEC, will they not be paying out more than the other BCS conferences?

Schools that play in the Big Ten and SEC, will they not be paying out more than the other BCS conferences?
Zero. UTEP gets paid according to their contract with OU. UTEP is getting 1.3 million for the game in 2026. Home teams retain control of televised football games. Visitor has no say and in UTEP’s case, they don’t see any money besides what’s in the contract.

Big Ten and SEC schools will pay their visiting opponents whatever they agree to in game contracts. Just as UTEP will pay UIW and Southern Utah in future years, just on a much smaller scale.

Reactions: denverutep

UTEP will make $1M for playing at OU this year and $1.3M at OU in '26.

Tennessee will pay UTEP $1.6M.

Nebraska will pay UTEP $1.775M in 2028 and $1.65M for 2024.

I think playing 2 power programs in 2024 is too much but UTEP will make over $3M for the 2 games.

The Big Ten and SEC will be getting mega TV deals all those schools will be making more money than anyone else. I believe they will be paying out more money to play them . I rather UTEP go play on the road get paid the big bucks than be playing a FCS school at home.

Reactions: kickballpro
If UTEP fans could pay 25 dollars a seat and have attendance north of 36,000 per game, this wouldn't be as much of an issue. But that's wishful thinking.

Reactions: SAMINERGIRL
Looks like Senter does read this board. This was my idea to schedule Big 10 and SEC schools.

I would like UTEP to play UH, SMU, Arizona and UNM as well but these schools likely will not want a home and home with us for much the same reason we won't play a road only game with them, Money. They aren't willing to pay top dollar or play us at home for a small paycheck and we won't play them for the same reason when we both could play for a lot more. Scheduling has become very difficult with shifting conferences and TV having so much sway in who plays who and when. Another issue is there is a small window to schedule out of conference as most are not willing to play late in the season or during conference play.

The Big Ten and SEC will be getting mega TV deals all those schools will be making more money than anyone else. I believe they will be paying out more money to play them . I rather UTEP go play on the road get paid the big bucks than be playing a FCS school at home.
“I rather”.
So you’d rather UTEP get killed in front of a national audience and get their morale destroyed vs getting wins so that the school can get money they don’t even allocate to the athletic department.

• Haha
Reactions: JCorona
Looking at how the schedule is being made. 2025, a money game stills needs to be added. Let me go look for a team Senter/co can schedule.

Teams that Senter can add on the schedule for 2025. My Top 5 choices.

1 .Ohio State : has 2 spots open
2. Notre Dame : has plenty of spots open.
3. TCU has 2 spots open
4. Penn State; 2 spots open
5. Miami : 1 spot open

Still need another game for 2025. Let's see who Scotty will schedule??

SMU has 3 spots open for 2025. They would be perfect. They will have that ACC money, and Utep should be able to compete with them.

Funny thing is that SMU pretty much agreed not to receive any ACC money in exchange for joining the conference.

SMU still has plenty of money (apparently so much that they don't need ACC money), so UTEP should definitely schedule money games with them and ask for a whole bunch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT