ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Hosts Our Lady of the Lake Monday Night at 7 p.m.

MistaBinks

MI VIP
Jan 13, 2008
El Paso, Texas
The UTEP men’s basketball team will host Our Lady of the Lake in its final nonconference contest on Monday, Dec. 28. The Miners and Saints are set to tipoff at 7 p.m. in the Haskins Center.

Thanks in part to UTEP’s partnership with KVIA, the game will be televised on The El Paso-Las Cruces CW with Erik Elken (play-by-play) and Leonard Owens (color analysis) calling the action. Fans can listen live on 600 ESPN El Paso with “The Voice of the Miners” Jon Teicher on the mic in his 40th season. The Miners and Saints will also be streamed on CUSA.tv.

UTEP will open Conference USA action at Southern Miss on Friday, Jan. 1. The Miners and Golden Eagles will face each other again on Jan. 2.

Reactions: axingfools1
wake me when Terry is no longer UTEPs basketball coach, Senter is longer the AD, and Dimel is relegated to coaching high school ball where he belongs

Last edited:
Reactions: TxRdKiller
I weathered the Lee years, I'll weather Dimel.

My first thought to your comment was, “c’mon mannn, it’s fans like you...yada yada yada”, My bad...and my shortcoming, cuz the thought struck me, “2Step is right. Dimel is gonna be here no matter what, probably through his whole damn contract.” We don’t like it but it is what it is. We’re NOT gonna NOT be utep fans anymore. We’re not gonna not watch. Most of us can’t even help it.

So, I’ll be right there with you 2Step...weathering Dimel. And with all that said, I still hope he proves my ass.

I don't like playing these D2 and D3 teams as much as the next Miner Fan. However Fact is this is an odd year for scheduling and we got our feet wet against 3 quality D-1 teams and beat one that will be in the NCAA. It's 100% about what we do in Conference, these are just glorified practice games for this team to gel and get used to playing with one another. I'll hold off my judgement of Terry til we're at least half way through conference play.

wake me when Terry is no longer UTEPs basketball coach, Senter is longer the AD, and Dimel is relegated to coaching high school ball where he belongs
I can understand your sentiments on
I don't like playing these D2 and D3 teams as much as the next Miner Fan. However Fact is this is an odd year for scheduling and we got our feet wet against 3 quality D-1 teams and beat one that will be in the NCAA. It's 100% about what we do in Conference, these are just glorified practice games for this team to gel and get used to playing with one another. I'll hold off my judgement of Terry til we're at least half way through conference play.
The saga continues with Terry in trying to decipher his decisions on who to play when and who not to play. Understanding his apparent tolerance of errant three point shooters who can't throw it in the ocean. When Vila returns who's PT will he be taking? Guess we will have to settle for hardly any Sjolund, Hess and Onyema.
The biggest thumbs up goes to the development of Tydus and the emergence of Agnew.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT