ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Men’s Basketball 20-21 Schedule

MistaBinks

MI VIP
Jan 13, 2008
El Paso, Texas
Regarding league play:

UTEP Men’s Basketball Announces C-USA Schedule for the 2020-21 Season

The league slate will feature five home-and-home series after moving away from Bonus Play. UTEP will take on conference foes LA Tech, North Texas, Rice, Southern Miss and UTSA twice, and will play single contests against Florida Atlantic, FIU, Old Dominion, Charlotte, UAB, Middle Tennessee, Marshall and WKU.

UTEP will open league action in the Haskins Center on Dec. 30 against FAU and Jan. 2versus FIU. The Miners will also host Rice (Jan. 14), North Texas (Jan. 16), Old Dominion (Jan. 28), Charlotte (Jan. 30), LA Tech (Feb. 18), Southern Miss (Feb. 20), and will conclude the regular season during their senior game against UTSA on March 6.

The first road games will be at Southern Miss (Jan. 7) and LA Tech (Jan. 9). The Orange and Blue will take to the road at UAB (Jan. 21), at MT (Jan. 23), at Marshall (Feb. 4), at WKU (Feb. 6), at UTSA (Feb. 13), at North Texas (Feb. 25), and at Rice (Feb. 27).

The 2021 C-USA Tournament will be held March 10-13 at The Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, Texas.

Game times, and streaming/television coverage will be announced at a later date. The nonconference portion of the schedule is still being finalized.

I was just thinking that should they decide to play the games without fans in the stands; several schools will have no trouble adjusting, since they already have that philosophy in place.

Here’s highlights from the Rice game. “Those who live is glass houses should not throw stones” UTEP apparently has that philosophy in place as well.

Here’s highlights from the Rice game. “Those who live is glass houses should not throw stones” UTEP apparently has that philosophy in place as well.

We've been top 3 in attendance in the conference while being a bottom 4 team the last 3 years. Prior to that we were the top attended team in the conference. We have room to talk.

We've been top 3 in attendance in the conference while being a bottom 4 team the last 3 years. Prior to that we were the top attended team in the conference. We have room to talk.

That's true when you go by announced attendance, and probably still true, or close to it, with actual attendance. Sadly, we can all see that our baseline has dropped significantly in basketball.

We weren't the 'basketball school' we've prided ourselves on being for a long time, save for a handful of seasons in the last 20 years. Even less now.

That's true when you go by announced attendance, and probably still true, or close to it, with actual attendance. Sadly, we can all see that our baseline has dropped significantly in basketball.

We weren't the 'basketball school' we've prided ourselves on being for a long time, save for a handful of seasons in the last 20 years. Even less now.
The same is true for other schools except wku. They are closer to 290 than the 2100 RICE reports. A ticket sold is a dollar in the athletic department. We sold more basketball tickets than any other conference team. They weren't cheap tickets either as may complained about the high ticket prices.

If we were no. 1 in wins we would again be no.1 in attendance I.M.O.. As it stands, we have been close to the bottom in wins, but not in attendance.
Exactly. We sold almost double the amount of tickets than the conference champ. If we were conference champs there's no way the #11 team would outsell us.

UTEP fans have been abused with lousy football and mediocre basketball and attendance, predictably, has dwindled because of it. Give El Pasoans some hope and some decent results and UTEP will lead CUSA in attendance for both sports.

Not denying that would be the case. Look at the highlights from the Rice game I posted. Any school that has crowds like that, cannot talk trash about attendance. Having 1,000 people in a 12,000 seat arena looks bad.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Not denying that would be the case. Look at the highlights from the Rice game I posted. Any school that has crowds like that, cannot talk trash about attendance. Having 1,000 people in a 12,000 seat arena looks bad.
I used to love to trash talk on the csn boards about UTEP's attendance. Now we are just doing a somewhat better job than some other schools of inflating our attendance. It is noticeable. We need at least some good results this year to start some Miner fever back up.

I used to love to trash talk on the csn boards about UTEP's attendance. Now we are just doing a somewhat better job than some other schools of inflating our attendance. It is noticeable. We need at least some good results this year to start some Miner fever back up.

I hear you. It’s always sad to see the CUSA football championship played in front of <10,000 fans, knowing that if it happened here, there would be likely 25,000+ depending on how good the team was.

Exactly. We sold almost double the amount of tickets than the conference champ. If we were conference champs there's no way the #11 team would outsell us.

That’s a great accomplishment for UTEP. North Texas averaged less, but won games that mattered. I would rather hang a CUSA banner than a non-existent attendance banner. I’m sure you would too, but go ahead and talk about how great it is to average more fans than winners. Obviously, it doesn’t draw recruits here!

That’s a great accomplishment for UTEP. North Texas averaged less, but won games that mattered. I would rather hang a CUSA banner than a non-existent attendance banner. I’m sure you would too, but go ahead and talk about how great it is to average more fans than winners. Obviously, it doesn’t draw recruits here!
Naw man everything is bad at utep. We suck on the court and no fans show up in the stands. Nothing to keep our chin up. Let's just keep our head down, be humble, and never say anything about anyone.

Reactions: TXPrepMiner02
Naw man everything is bad at utep. We suck on the court and no fans show up in the stands. Nothing to keep our chin up. Let's just keep our head down, be humble, and never say anything about anyone.

I bet if you were to find a Loyola-Chicago message board, that’s exactly how their fans acted. Then they went to the Final 4. UTEP can’t even make the Final 4 of the CUSA tournament.

I bet if you were to find a Loyola-Chicago message board, that’s exactly how their fans acted. Then they went to the Final 4. UTEP can’t even make the Final 4 of the CUSA tournament.
Basically this is a bash only utep board. Anything that might be ok should be twisted and bashed too. Only negative facts are allowed. Nothing positive.

The more facts the better. Not the fans fault they don’t win games or championships and teams with less fans do.
I like the fact that we sold more basketball tickets than anyone else in cusa. This was done with a team under .500 against D1 teams and finished in the bottom standings of the conference. I think the fans deserve some credit and recognition. It doesn't always have to be ”oh well utep sucks so don't point out anything good with the program.”

I like the fact that we sold more basketball tickets than anyone else in cusa. This was done with a team under .500 against D1 teams and finished in the bottom standings of the conference. I think the fans deserve some credit and recognition. It doesn't always have to be ”oh well utep sucks so don't point out anything good with the program.”

That’s fair, but that only benefits Senter. How do the fans benefit from that? Definitely not be bringing in better opponents or winning games that matter.

What we need are some damn prideful wins over some quality opposition to get butts back in the seats; and not squeakers over nobody's.

I don’t even think that. If you had a 15-0 UTEP team with 2 wins over NMSU, 3 D2, and bad D1 teams; they would get 9k on a Saturday night versus Rice.

If only they could get more students to attend.

Reactions: TXPrepMiner02
I don't think any active poster on here has a sanguine view of the program. We know we're not where we need to be. The occasional innocuous jab at other conference mates shouldn't be met with conflict from our own fans. We get it, you're a better fan than us.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
I don't think any active poster on here has a sanguine view of the program. We know we're not where we need to be. The occasional innocuous jab at other conference mates shouldn't be met with conflict from our own fans. We get it, you're a better fan than us.

Not better, just smarter. As I have said previously, I am tired of losing. I do not give two shits about anything besides football and men’s hoops. It’s nice when the lady’s hoops team does well, but it makes no difference if they do or not.

I see the way conference mates, NMSU, and other similar schools are supported. Too me, it’s really disappointing that UTEP’s support does not correlate to winning. When at other schools, they have less fans and worse facilities, but still win.

If you want to take jabs that’s fine, but they gotta have some substance. Look at the Rice crowd, looks like a FIU/FAU crowd to me.

Not better, just smarter. As I have said previously, I am tired of losing. I do not give two shits about anything besides football and men’s hoops. It’s nice when the lady’s hoops team does well, but it makes no difference if they do or not.

I see the way conference mates, NMSU, and other similar schools are supported. Too me, it’s really disappointing that UTEP’s support does not correlate to winning. When at other schools, they have less fans and worse facilities, but still win.

If you want to take jabs that’s fine, but they gotta have some substance. Look at the Rice crowd, looks like a FIU/FAU crowd to me.
We’re all tired of losing.

You say very similar things to what we say.

It’s always sad to see the CUSA football championship played in front of <10,000 fans, knowing that if it happened here, there would be likely 25,000+ depending on how good the team was.

There’s a jab at the conference champion. No one replied to you “I would rather hang a CUSA banner than a non-existent attendance banner.”

Or how about this one

When at other schools, they have less fans and worse facilities, but still win.
There’s a jab at schools that win with less fans. No one replied to you “Not the fans fault they don’t win games or championships and teams with less fans do.”

Kind of seems like you’re allowed to say what you want without any demur but the moment someone says something like
should they decide to play the games without fans in the stands; several schools will have no trouble adjusting, since they already have that philosophy in place.
You have to stand up for those same schools you put down and remind the choir how much better they are than us.

We’re all tired of losing.

You say very similar things to what we say.

There’s a jab at the conference champion. No one replied to you “I would rather hang a CUSA banner than a non-existent attendance banner.”

Or how about this one

There’s a jab at schools that win with less fans. No one replied to you “Not the fans fault they don’t win games or championships and teams with less fans do.”

Kind of seems like you’re allowed to say what you want without any demur but the moment someone says something like

You have to stand up for those same schools you put down and remind the choir how much better they are than us.

Do you disagree with what I said? That UTEP would get 25k, while others have been getting 10? That we’re already practicing the no fans at games that others previously have?

One is a predicting statement, the other is a fact based opinion.

You repeat yourself too much to be smart.

Question is will winning bring back the fans. Even the NFL was worry about attendance cause it’s a lot more comfortable at your house your bar.

No bassey vs Williams again. Been looking forward to that match up since BW transferred to us

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT