ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Picked to Finish T4 By CUSA

I think that poll if fair, except I would drop down La Tech a bit after losing Duruji. To have the miners go from last to top 4 based on recruiting alone is amazing. I think next year we are top 2 (if not the favorite).

I think we all agree that Williams is a top 5 player in CUSA right now.

We get La Tech, UTSA, UAB and WKU all at home with UTSA, N. TX and ODU on the road.

BTW Tech picked 3rd in the Big 12

http://conferenceusa.com/news/2019/10/17/wku-tabbed-mens-basketball-preseason-favorite.aspx

2019-20 MBB Preseason Poll (First-Place Votes)
1. WKU (13)
2. UTSA (1)
3. Louisiana Tech
T4. UTEP
T4. Old Dominion
6. UAB
7. North Texas
8. Middle Tennessee
9. Florida Atlantic
10. FIU
11. Marshall
12. Charlotte
13. Rice
14. Southern Miss

No Miners in All-CUSA team
All focus has been on WKU. Their tranfers got a lot of pub and Bassey kissy, kissy fest while UTEP got tweets here and there. UTSA is very surprising. UNT at 7th? Alrighty then.

http://conferenceusa.com/news/2019/10/17/wku-tabbed-mens-basketball-preseason-favorite.aspx

2019-20 MBB Preseason Poll (First-Place Votes)
1. WKU (13)
2. UTSA (1)
3. Louisiana Tech
T4. UTEP
T4. Old Dominion
6. UAB
7. North Texas
8. Middle Tennessee
9. Florida Atlantic
10. FIU
11. Marshall
12. Charlotte
13. Rice
14. Southern Miss

No Miners in All-CUSA team

source.gif

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Some others on KenPom:

Tech 15
Houston 29
Washington 52
NMSU 64
UNM 91
GCU 131
UTSA 143
ODU 145
Hawaii 172

I say he's dead wrong. If any out-of-town school is like the Dallas Cowboys here in El Paso it would be the school in Austin. I always see a bunch of people doing that stupid hand sign that looks like a booger flick or wearing a shirt with that dumb cow on it. Usually these are people who never even applied to the school

Reactions: MinerE
I say he's dead wrong. If any out-of-town school is like the Dallas Cowboys here in El Paso it would be the school in Austin. I always see a bunch of people doing that stupid hand sign that looks like a booger flick or wearing a shirt with that dumb cow on it. Usually these are people who never even applied to the school
Now that is honesty.

Reactions: Cube Jack
The battle for El Paso's heart and mind has intensified. Tech and NMSU alums and boosters are asking El Pasoans "Why you show me no love?!"
I haven't really seen any hate for Tech on here.

Cowboys will always be loved or hated by millions. That's a whole other level we are talking about when discussing the Cowboys, Yankees, Lakers, Man U, etc..

I haven't really seen any hate for Tech on here.

Cowboys will always be loved or hated by millions. That's a whole other level we are talking about when discussing the Cowboys, Yankees, Lakers, Man U, etc..

Cowboys are mostly loved in EP.

UTSA falls to Southern Illinois. No love for UTSA but Southern Illinois is always tough to play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT