ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP scheduling HBU in football again

If Utep scheduled a school like Oklahoma you would be also be complaning. You just like to complain.
Uh no. There’s many FCS teams in Texas, not just HBU. Sorry, for wanting a little bit different team. I wish UTEP played 3 P5 schools and NMSU every football season.

I like to complain, but at least I am not on here talking about pick up games, rebounding, and other things you think are relative to the basketball team.

If Utep scheduled a school like Oklahoma you would be also be complaning. You just like to complain.
I'm with you on this one. SEC schools schedule an FCS opponent each season. What reason is there to jump all over UTEP for doing the same. It counts for bowl eligibility.

Reactions: FedupMiner
I'm with you on this one. SEC schools schedule an FCS opponent each season. What reason is there to jump all over UTEP for doing the same. It counts for bowl eligibility.
It’s not because they’re FCS. We have scheduled them before, we’re unable to get another school instead? Remember when we used to play Texas Southern and Pine Bluff all the time? Same thing. Their status isn’t the problem, I would rather see another team. That’s all.

It’s not because they’re FCS. We have scheduled them before, we’re unable to get another school instead? Remember when we used to play Texas Southern and Pine Bluff all the time? Same thing. Their status isn’t the problem, I would rather see another team. That’s all.
Well, we got to see Stephen F. Austin and Abilene Christian last year, so we've seen several other Texas FCS teams. Eventually, a repeat is inevitable.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Those were scheduled last minute and were replacements for Texas Tech and NMSU.
Who cares why it happened?! You mentioned wanting to play someone other than HBU. We played 2 FCS teams not named HBU. Now it doesn’t meet your criteria for WHY we played two teams not named HBU.

Uh no. There’s many FCS teams in Texas, not just HBU. Sorry, for wanting a little bit different team. I wish UTEP played 3 P5 schools and NMSU every football season.

I like to complain, but at least I am not on here talking about pick up games, rebounding, and other things you think are relative to the basketball team.
The bold says it all.... Who in their right mind wakes up and wants to complain. I want to speak to your manager's manager. Tell him or her Karen sent you

Last edited:
Senter's plan for football scheduling.

I was told this straight from him.

UTEP play FCS at home.
UTEP play NMSU for rivalry game.
UTEP plays team around the same level as them, (UNM, UNLV SJSU, TXST, etc..) home and home trade off.
UTEP plays a P5 Team on the road.

They want a winnable game against the FCS team, NMSU is a rival. UTEP playing a team they should beat or compete with i.e. UNM. Play a P5 school for a payout. This will be done for future scheduling until the plan changes or Senter is not here anymore.

So what exactly are you complaining about??? College football doesn't have a preseason. Scheduling these games is like a preseason game. Why so hard to understand ??

UTEP play FCS at home.
UTEP plays team around the same level as them, (UNM, UNLV SJSU, TXST, etc..) home and home trade off.

They want a winnable game against the FCS team, NMSU is a rival. UTEP playing a team they should beat or compete with i.e. UNM. Play a P5 school for a payout. This will be done for future scheduling until the plan changes or Senter is not here anymore.
Seems like a pretty reasonable scheduling plan to me. At least till we find a coach to get this thing rolling.

Reactions: JCorona

UTEP play FCS at home.

That is fine, just saying I would rather see other teams come here. I would rather see them play NMSU and 3 P5 teams 1 year, then NMSU, one “winnable” game, and 2 P5 teams the next. Repeat

At least get ACU or Northern Arizona.
That’s a no win situation. Win and nobody gives a shit cuz that’s what you’re supposed to do against an fcs team. Lose and it can bury a team for a while. Talk about buzz kill. An early season loss to an FCS team and most fans are ready to pack it in. And we all know utep is quite capable of shitting the bed. A win is a win is a win regarding bowl eligibility. Just get the win and build off of it.

Besides, ACU nor NAU do anything to get me excited any more than HBU. Surprised it does you.

There’s a reason Iowa State and Kansas St don’t play NDSU anymore. Yes, I’m aware NDSU is not the same as playing NAU, but commensurate to our current level, NAU is a tougher opponent for UTEP than NDSU is for Iowa State.

Anyway…

That’s a no win situation. Win and nobody gives a shit cuz that’s what you’re supposed to do against an fcs team. Lose and it can bury a team for a while. Talk about buzz kill. An early season loss to an FCS team and most fans are ready to pack it in. And we all know utep is quite capable of shitting the bed. A win is a win is a win regarding bowl eligibility. Just get the win and build off of it.

Besides, ACU nor NAU do anything to get me excited any more than HBU. Surprised it does you.

There’s a reason Iowa State and Kansas St don’t play NDSU anymore. Yes, I’m aware NDSU is not the same as playing NAU, but commensurate to our current level, NAU is a tougher opponent for UTEP than NDSU is for Iowa State.

Anyway…
And what if we lose to HB?

And what if we lose to HB?
Well, nothing more than if we lose to NAU or ACU. Chances of that happening decrease by playing HBU, though.

We’re not out there trying to be world beaters against fcs opponents. Just get the win…even if it’s an easy win because our schedule will get infinitely more difficult from then on anyway. Well maybe infinitely is a stretch!!

Well, nothing more than if we lose to NAU or ACU. Chances of that happening decrease by playing HBU, though.

We’re not out there trying to be world beaters against fcs opponents. Just get the win…even if it’s an easy win because our schedule will get infinitely more difficult from then on anyway. Well maybe infinitely is a stretch!!
I understand the logic of an easy win. I’m just speaking from a fan’s perspective.

I understand the logic of an easy win. I’m just speaking from a fan’s perspective.
I understand. Its probably worth saying, in all reality the difference between any of the teams mentioned is negligible. None are even ranked in the top 50.

That is fine, just saying I would rather see other teams come here. I would rather see them play NMSU and 3 P5 teams 1 year, then NMSU, one “winnable” game, and 2 P5 teams the next. Repeat
Explanation from Senter is mainly money. They don't make enough money if a P5 team comes here, they rather play a P5 away than play them at home. UTEP playing UNM (for example) is there no payout just whatever you make from ticket sales for that game and I don't remember the exact wording for getting a P5 team here but the financials didn't help.

Explanation from Senter is mainly money. They don't make enough money if a P5 team comes here, they rather play a P5 away than play them at home. UTEP playing UNM (for example) is there no payout just whatever you make from ticket sales for that game and I don't remember the exact wording for getting a P5 team here but the financials didn't help.
Yeah, that is true and I am not advocating to play P5 teams here. I think it’s better for UTEP to play them on the road.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT