ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Set to Implement Mobile Ticketing

MistaBinks

MI VIP
Jan 13, 2008
El Paso, Texas
UTEP will transition to mobile ticketing for all athletics events beginning this fall, Director of Athletics Jim Senter announced on Thursday.

“Mobile ticketing has become a national trend and we’re excited to get on board during a time that fans are most concerned about their safety,” Senter said. “This will enable contactless entry into our facilities and present our fans with a seamless process of downloading tickets, storing them safely on their phones and, if desired, transferring them to fellow Miner fans.”

The online ticketing process is simple and will apply to both season and individual game tickets. Fans can go to www.utepminers.com/tickets, select “My Account,” log in and select the events that they want to manage. From this menu they can either add tickets to their Apple Wallet or save tickets to their phone. They will also be able to transfer the tickets to others. The full mobile ticketing menu will be accessible in mid-August. Tickets will be scanned from smartphones by security attendants as patrons enter Athletics facilities.

The benefits of mobile ticketing are numerous, including reducing frequent issues associated with paper tickets due to shipping delays, forgotten tickets, and lost or stolen tickets.

Parking passes will also be provided digitally through www.utepminers.com/tickets this fall.

I bet you can still get the tickets printed if you ask them.

I’m sure it won’t be a problem for their most senior ticket holders. The walk up tickets will also be paper. Kind of sucks for those that save tickets though. Could be a first date or first time you took your kid to a game. Guess you will have to open the app for that!

I’m sure it won’t be a problem for their most senior ticket holders. The walk up tickets will also be paper. Kind of sucks for those that save tickets though. Could be a first date or first time you took your kid to a game. Guess you will have to open the app for that!

I agree. I'm still "old school" and like paper tickets (even if you print them at home). Now most tickets are digital. I have seen so many people fumbling with their phones at concerts, sporting events, and the movies with their mobile tickets.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
I agree. I'm still "old school" and like paper tickets (even if you print them at home). Now most tickets are digital. I have seen so many people fumbling with their phones at concerts, sporting events, and the movies with their mobile tickets.

Same they’re usually cussing out their cell phone provider as they’re trying to pull up their tickets.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
I had to laugh when it said that now your tickets can't be stolen. I would love to know who is stealing UTEP tickets. :D:D:D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT