ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP to announce “historic gift” tomorrow

Said this

“Watch our livestream at 10 a.m. Dec. 1 on facebook.com/UTEPMiners as we announce a historic gift that will have a major impact on the region.“

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
I wonder who its from?
Probably Mackenzie Scott, Jeff Bezos ex. She recently donated $30 M to EPCC and $40 M to UTRGV. So it could be a pretty significant donation. A good amount of it can get allocated to athletics if Wilson chooses. She has a great relationship with Jim Senter and likes him a lot, so hopefully she helps the athletic department out a bit.

Probably Mackenzie Scott, Jeff Bezos ex. She recently donated $30 M to EPCC and $40 M to UTRGV. So it could be a pretty significant donation. A good amount of it can get allocated to athletics if Wilson chooses. She has a great relationship with Jim Senter and likes him a lot, so hopefully she helps the athletic department out a bit.
What's her relationship to UTEP?

Reactions: FarWestTexas

cant-see-shit-laughing.gif

One of EP’s biggest philanthropists is dropping some fat coin for the business school. This person already gives to almost everything in town - including UTEP athletics. It s not Paul Foster.

• Wow
Reactions: FarWestTexas
$25 million ‘epic and historic’ donation to UTEP’s business school (Woody Hunt), all the hype a bit exaggerated
You're obviously not seeing the long play here. In 50 years we will be pumping out fortune 500 ceo's. They in turn will donate huge money and sign UTEP to multi million dollar contracts with their corporations. Brilliant thinking by everyone involved.

I want to know how they will quantify “make UTEP the national leader on U.S.-Mexico business and trade” and who is the current leader of this subject?

Reactions: kickballpro
Why do it in the Larry K Durham Center if it has nothing to do with athletics?

Is that just the ‘go to’ announcement place on campus?

Why do it in the Larry K Durham Center if it has nothing to do with athletics?

Is that just the ‘go to’ announcement place on campus?
My only guess is that since it’s a normal school day and the football season is over, probably provides the most space with the least interruption.

Damn I legit thought the couple who were messing around on the mountain during that Texas game in 2009 were donating an IPF....

So Senter has nothing to with this. When will he get a big donation like this?? IF i was AD i would have donors begging wanting to donate to Utep.

Are they actually building anything with this money?

Is it just to hire more staff or better staff?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT