ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP/UNLV Game Thread

UTEPMiners8106

MI Hall of Famer
Jul 15, 2013
Well the defense looks like they’re trying to sell out to stop the run, and they made it too easy through the air.

Reactions: minermx07
Blown coverage, starting to already dislike this staff, they don’t coach communication?!?

Dimel's offense is definitely better than Kugler's. I'm confident that the offense, at least, is going to improve over the season. We'll have a shot to win a couple of games, NMSU for sure. I'm ready and willing to eat crow; I want to be wrong about my initial impression of Dimel.

Great drive!

Some of those blocking scheme were well executed. Playing to their strengths, O-line is flying off the snap and dominating the point of attack. Keep feeding Wadley por favor

Why didn’t we handoff to Wadley more during the NAU game? Given their struggles stopping the run last season we should have rushed for over 250 against them.

I'm really glad, the offense has improved so much in one week. Had they played this good last week they would've won last week. Adding Kai plus a few other changes made a really big difference.

Reactions: UTEPDefense
Reddit has a link. I can’t access it because it’s not mobile compatible, but worth a try.

Reddit > cfb streams

It’s the last thread on the bottom of the list. I usually have success using Reddit when I’m on a computer.

What two o-line changes did we make? It sounds like we moved Guerra from Center to Right Guard and inserted Lujan at Center. So Heisseini is out, are the other 3 spots still the same?

Why didn’t we handoff to Wadley more during the NAU game? Given their struggles stopping the run last season we should have rushed for over 250 against them.

What baffles me is that only a few posters even mentioned Wadley as a positive from last week. It was very apparent he has game.

We have had two more penalties for 25 yards in just the 11 minutes since I posted above about having too many penalties.

Kugler is the only coach who had a disciplined UTEP team. All my life pretty much has not just been bad football, but also bad, undisciplined football.

I'd pay a guy like Kugler 100k just to keep the penalties down.Director of Discipline or something.

Kugler is the only coach who had a disciplined UTEP team. All my life pretty much has not just been bad football, but also bad, undisciplined football.

I'd pay a guy like Kugler 100k just to keep the penalties down.Director of Discipline or something.

The problem with Kuger is he was stubborn.

The one thing I loved about Price is he let the guys play and wasn't stubborn. Sure, some of his teams weren't disciplined teams, but his teams rarely got blown out.

Wadley has 2 carries for over 86 yards, yet we have not given him a carry now on two straight possessions? Canales is starting to piss me off.

Canales instead changes things up and comes out passing the last two drives, which both go 3-and-out.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
I don’t know a lot about C-USA teams but will UTEP face an offense as explosive as UNLV’s?

28 points to UNLV, not even halfway through the 2nd quarter

Delay of game penalty after the kick return

This team is hot garbage. They’re not winning any games this year.

Reactions: El Paso Is Great
Seriously, is Wadley hurt? That is now 3 straight possessions with no carries for Wadley?

Every game will be tough to watch this season.

That UNLV running back is amazing. I just think there may be a team or two that may be within punching distance of The Miners.

But as the season wears on its going to be evident all anyone has to do is stack the heck out of the box. The receivers are trash and I can’t imagine one is going to suddenly turn into a deep threat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT