ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP v. NMSU Prediction Thread

Dec 22, 2016
Miners show some life early, but the Aggies pull away late....the #FireDimel hashtag becomes a thing after the game...

NMSU 31 UTEP 13

If they lose, UTEP should be relegated out of the premier league. Oh, wait...that’s not how this works...

UTEP 20
NMSUx 17

I hate writing this but
NMSU-28
UTEP-17

We have no passing game and our OC refuses to get our best offensive player (Wadley) involved in the offense. Our defense keeps us in the game but wears out in the 4th because of no help from the offense. 7 rushing attempts a game for Wadley is pathetic and stupid.

I hate writing this but
NMSU-28
UTEP-17

We have no passing game and our OC refuses to get our best offensive player (Wadley) involved in the offense. Our defense keeps us in the game but wears out in the 4th because of no help from the offense. 7 rushing attempts a game for Wadley is pathetic and stupid.

Took the words straight outta my mouth.

Watching Iowa State - Akron right now. David Montgomery had 16 carries in the 1st half. Took a while but DM got into a rhythm, as did the rest of the offense. Not comparing Wadley to Montgomery in terms of ability, but Matt Campbell and his OC lean heavily on their best players. Not sure why Dimel and Canales don’t do the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: EPTUTEP
We’re worse that Chelsea fans in asking for coaching turnover after a few games in.
Not a soccer guy at all lol but I think I understand what you're saying, although If Dimel loses this game, he'd be 1-7 in his last eight games as a head coach dating back to Houston days, it was a absolutely terrible hire and UTEP fans should not be happy if there is ZERO improvement four weeks into a season after Senter talked him up a big game about his offense. Just my opinion my Miner brother....

UTEP 24
aggies 21

This is UTEP’s best chance of winning. The Browns finally broke their losing streak and the Miners should use that as inspiration. Hope the Miners play their best game. It’s interesting to se that nmsu coach Martin stated he didn’t know much about UTEP. Translation: Martin doesn’t think much about this UTEP team and thinks his team will come out with a W.

Not a soccer guy at all lol but I think I understand what you're saying, although If Dimel loses this game, he'd be 1-7 in his last eight games as a head coach dating back to Houston days, it was a absolutely terrible hire and UTEP fans should not be happy if there is ZERO improvement four weeks into a season after Senter talked him up a big game about his offense. Just my opinion my Miner brother....
Their previous coach (manager) won 2/4 of the major trophy’s (including the premier league) got sacked. I cannot count his Houston record since that was 1 year (2 maybe) of him as a head coach. To expect a turnaround in 1 year (let alone 2) is almost impossible unless you have the players set for what you want to accomplish (see Arsenal for example)

UTEP 24
aggies 21

This is UTEP’s best chance of winning. The Browns finally broke their losing streak and the Miners should use that as inspiration. Hope the Miners play their best game. It’s interesting to se that nmsu coach Martin stated he didn’t know much about UTEP. Translation: Martin doesn’t think much about this UTEP team and thinks his team will come out with a W.
UTEP vs NMSU 09/22/2018. Wait for it.....

It's really simple if wadley gets at least 20 touches and the qb completes 60% of his passes Miners win.

If neither of these happens UTEP loses. Wadley is good enough he could carry us to a win on his own vs a team like NMSU. Locksley should be on very short leash.

UTEP-28
NMSU-20

NAU was an awful game. However, the team has improved in aspects of the game. They showed the ability to run against UNLV. The defense improved against Tennessee.

NMSU will have to put 8-9 guys in the box to stop the run. The passing game will do enough to keep them honest. I think we run for like 200 yards today and throw for like 100.

Took the words straight outta my mouth.

Watching Iowa State - Akron right now. David Montgomery had 16 carries in the 1st half. Took a while but DM got into a rhythm, as did the rest of the offense. Not comparing Wadley to Montgomery in terms of ability, but Matt Campbell and his OC lean heavily on their best players. Not sure why Dimel and Canales don’t do the same.
Yep, they are feeding their best player. NMSU's run defense is bad, and we should be giving it to Wadley until they stop him. But we seem to go to Plan B from the opening kickoff and make it easy for the other teams DC.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Not going to even guess, I always get it wrong keep predicting a win. So maybe if I keep my mouth shut wil win.

UTEP-28
NMSU-20

NAU was an awful game. However, the team has improved in aspects of the game. They showed the ability to run against UNLV. The defense improved against Tennessee.

NMSU will have to put 8-9 guys in the box to stop the run. The passing game will do enough to keep them honest. I think we run for like 200 yards today and throw for like 100.
The passing game has shown zero improvement. Our starting QB averages like 76 yards passing per game. We have thrown ZERO TD passes in 3 games, so sadly I don't think our passing game can keep NMSU honest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT