ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs Arizona moved to Friday night for ESPN

MinerInWisconsin

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 28, 2001
http://conferenceusa.com/news/2017/4/6/FB_0406175244.aspx

ASN and BEIN schedules released later.

CBS SPORTS NETWORK SCHEDULE Saturday, September 2 Kentucky at Southern Miss 4:00 p.m. EDT/3:00 p.m. CDT
Saturday, September 2 Vanderbilt at Middle Tennessee 8:00 p.m. EDT/7:00 p.m. CDT
Saturday, September 9 Mississippi State at Louisiana Tech 7:30 p.m. EDT/6:30 p.m. CDT
Friday, October 20 WKU at Old Dominion TBA
Friday, November 3 Marshall at Florida Atlantic 6:00 p.m. EDT/5:00 p.m. CDT
Friday, November 17 Middle Tennessee at WKU 8:00 p.m. EDT/7:00 p.m. CDT

ESPN SCHEDULE
Friday, September 15 Arizona at UTEP 10:15 p.m. EDT/9:15 p.m. CDT
ESPN2 SCHEDULE
Friday, October 20 Marshall at Middle Tennessee 7:00 p.m. EDT/6:00 p.m. CDT
ESPN OR ESPN2 SCHEDULE
Saturday, August 26 Stanford vs. Rice (in Sydney, Australia) 10:00 p.m. EDT/9:00 p.m. CDT
Saturday, December 2 C-USA Championship Game TBA
ESPNU SCHEDULE
Friday, September 1 Navy at Florida Atlantic 8:00 p.m. EDT/7:00 p.m. CDT
ESPN NETWORK TBA SCHEDULE
Saturday, November 25 UTSA at Louisiana Tech TBA (12-day selection)

Reactions: Tribalwarriorx
Makes for a later start, but that's a very nice home game matchup.

So we can get smashed in the face on Friday and very few can see it! Thanks espn

We had one of the better running backs in the country and supposedly a good offensive line and couldn't score.... scared to see what this year will bring smh!

Reactions: Tribalwarriorx
If there is a P5 team UTEP might have a prayer of beating, it will be Arizona. Finished DFL in PAC12 last season, they may be even worse this season. Really.

Amazingly, neither Rodriguez nor Toad Graham at ASU were canned after last season. If it's possible, they're both probably on hotter seats than Kugler. No, wait, Kugler's got maybe 2-3 years of noose left, right?

Honest question what do both Arizona schools have to offer to the pac 12. If it wasnt for Arizonas Basketball. None of them do very well in other sports.Both Arizona school stink at football.

Honest question what do both Arizona schools have to offer to the pac 12. If it wasnt for Arizonas Basketball. None of them do very well in other sports.Both Arizona school stink at football.

They've both been to the PAC 12 championship game...in football. Something that 1/3 of the members...Utah, Oregon St, Cal and Washington State can't say.

Last edited:
Arizona should be better this season after suffering quite a few injuries last year.

Late starting games on Fridays don't get the biggest ratings but over 700k would be expected and that's better exposure than UTEP would normally get.

They've both been to the PAC 12 championship game...in football. Something that 1/3 of the members...Utah, Oregon St, Cal and Washington State can't say.

So yeah thanks for proving my point. What history does ASU have? They havent won in basketball or football. I guess their best years was when Jake Plummer was QB.

Ummm I follow the PAC 12 with Oregon I am sorry to tell you but Arizona is gonna smash the miners faces in unless they have really fallen off from last year

Arizona should be better this season after suffering quite a few injuries last year.

Late starting games on Fridays don't get the biggest ratings but over 700k would be expected and that's better exposure than UTEP would normally get.

Alright, that's fake news right there, Sun Bowl only holds 52K...

According to the EP Times this will the second game ever televised on ESPN from the Sun Bowl. It's a big deal for El Paso. Not even the Texas or Oklahoma games were on ESPN. I would love to see a full stadium on tv. I'm sure a good amount of folks from Tucson will make the drive. We've only beaten Arizona once out of the last 24 games so we might be due for a victory.

According to the EP Times this will the second game ever televised on ESPN from the Sun Bowl. It's a big deal for El Paso. Not even the Texas or Oklahoma games were on ESPN. I would love to see a full stadium on tv. I'm sure a good amount of folks from Tucson will make the drive. We've only beaten Arizona once out of the last 24 games so we might be due for a victory.

Not even the Texas game? Did you miss the best sex act on ESPN that night UT came to the Sun Bowl?

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I remember that game very clearly. I know the mountain hand job was all over ESPN. The actual game itself was on ESPN Dos.

Reactions: shyminer81
Do you mean just ESPN Dos only? It was on ESPN as well.
I had that game on dvr. I clearly remember recording it on ESPN2. I highly doubt that we were on both ESPN and ESPN2 at the same time.

ADVERTISEMENT