ADVERTISEMENT

Utep Vs NMSU Twitter

SAMINERGIRL

All Star
Sep 4, 2005
So apparently the NMSU tweets show up on my Twitter feed and I noticed that there was a tweet that the NMSU official footbal page just reached 22,000 followers. This made me curious and I looked at the UTEP official football page and saw that they only have 17,700 followers. Some may say…so what? But I find this very alarming. I then looked up both schools mbb pages and once again, NMSU has about 3,000 more followers than UTEP. As I know from my nephews, Twitter is the format that many of the younger generation uses and I find it shocking that UTEP has fallen so far behind NMSU in this. Social media is free advertising and it’s no wonder we can’t get more butts in the seats. Utep really needs to come up with something to get more followers on their social media accounts. I do like what coach Kill is doing at NMSU with calling football fans their stakeholders and calling all NMSU football alumni to sign up and be recognized. Very strong look for them. So easy and this is what gets people excited.

On a side note, I work in the retail industry and getting customers to sign up on our social media platforms is part of our “loyalty” programs. Those that are signed up, get the deals, and will shop and spend more money with us. So easy and it looks like UTEP, once again, is falling behind…

So apparently the NMSU tweets show up on my Twitter feed and I noticed that there was a tweet that the NMSU official footbal page just reached 22,000 followers. This made me curious and I looked at the UTEP official football page and saw that they only have 17,700 followers. Some may say…so what? But I find this very alarming. I then looked up both schools mbb pages and once again, NMSU has about 3,000 more followers than UTEP. As I know from my nephews, Twitter is the format that many of the younger generation uses and I find it shocking that UTEP has fallen so far behind NMSU in this. Social media is free advertising and it’s no wonder we can’t get more butts in the seats. Utep really needs to come up with something to get more followers on their social media accounts. I do like what coach Kill is doing at NMSU with calling football fans their stakeholders and calling all NMSU football alumni to sign up and be recognized. Very strong look for them. So easy and this is what gets people excited.

On a side note, I work in the retail industry and getting customers to sign up on our social media platforms is part of our “loyalty” programs. Those that are signed up, get the deals, and will shop and spend more money with us. So easy and it looks like UTEP, once again, is falling behind…
The UTEP Miners account has 99,000.

Reactions: Rot and utep2step
These guys here dont understand the importance of social media. Ive been complaining all season how there is no video highlights. Uteps social media department is pretty crappy.

As far as I can tell UTEP has NO TikTok presence, which is a big miss on their part. I follow @utepminersfootball on TT, which has only ever made four posts, and I'm 99% sure isn't an official account. But that's about the only UTEP presence I see, other than when Jordan Palmer occasionally mentions his time in EP in on of his TTs.

We keep complaining that the student support is abysmal, well I can guarantee that every student has a Twitter, Snapchat, tik tok, and Instagram account.
UTEP’s social media “sucks” because up until this year, the football and basketball teams sucked. St Peter’s apparently had quite an uptick in followers recently. Was it because they have a really great, witty social media manager? Doubt it.

Social media is crucial for business and new businesses. For official college sports accounts? Not so much. Yes, they could do things better and more often, but it’s insignificant when you don’t have a good team. There’s a million different websites to find out when the next game is. Unless you’re running a promotion, it’s just another post.

Jim Senter rarely responds to complaints or “negative” comments. No news breaks on UTEP’s accounts either. All future game announcements are broken by other accounts.

Reactions: denverutep
Not everybody is into social media. I only use Twitter on a regular basis. I have Facebook, but rarely use it. I know some people that don't use social media at all.
It doesn't matter if you dont use it. The point is the younger generation does. The athletes that Utep recruit uses social media. It's free advertising for Utep .All they got to do is regularly post. Right now its pretty much the dead period for Utep,so it would be a good time to be posting content on social media. You know what would be a good idea, if UTEP had some type of sports talk show. I'm a Giants fan and Eli Manning has his own talk show. Maybe give Jordan Palmer his own show?? He likes to be on T.V

It doesn't matter if you dont use it. The point is the younger generation does. The athletes that Utep recruit uses social media. It's free advertising for Utep .All they got to do is regularly post. Right now its pretty much the dead period for Utep,so it would be a good time to be posting content on social media. You know what would be a good idea, if UTEP had some type of sports talk show. I'm a Giants fan and Eli Manning has his own talk show. Maybe give Jordan Palmer his own show?? He likes to be on T.V

Not every college student is into social media. It was stated previously that it was guaranteed that every college student has all those social media platforms.

Not every college student is into social media. It was stated previously that it was guaranteed that every college student has all those social media platforms.
Sorry…MOST college students have those social media platforms. Guys don’t even ask girls out in person or exchange phone numbers. They ask for their snap now…and that’s the truth.

Sorry…MOST college students have those social media platforms. Guys don’t even ask girls out in person or exchange phone numbers. They ask for their snap now…and that’s the truth.
Maybe so. It doesn’t mean they’re going to go and buy $18 tickets to see FIU on a Saturday night because UTEP is active on SnapChat

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
Also…stating that you don’t often check your Facebook reveals your age as well…because MOST college age kids do not even use Facebook anymore. That’s considered an older persons platform.

You said "well I can guarantee that every student has a Twitter, Snapchat, tik tok, and Instagram account"

Now you're saying "MOST college students have those social media platforms".

I can agree that most have at least one of those social platforms, but I can bet most don't even use all of those platforms on a regular basis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT