• 0-2

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • 1-1

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 2-0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Next year?
You are right on about that. We are already mediocre with Williams; without him, and with no suitable replacement on the roster, my expectation is that this team will be significantly worse in Terry's 4th year. Any competent AD would see where the program is trending. I actually feel slightly more optimistic about Dimel's 4th year, which seems sad and crazy at the same time.

We already struggle to get to .500. I think next year this team literally goes to dead last. We've been hanging around 11th with all the transfers and relatively easy conference schedule. I don't see how next year is any better.

It's crazy but if we can hold on we would have one less conference win than the east leader WKU.

Unreal how that works. Why doesn't #12 play more? Good question for Terry.

I think I understand why we shoot so many 3s. Believe it or not that might be our most effective offense.

Only when we’re on. A decent team should have a couple different dimensions to their game. We really don’t.
Right. A decent team works from the inside out. We settle for too many outside shots, without any attempt to get the ball inside, or actually run a set. Classic feast or famine approach.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I can't remember the last time that UTEP's opponent was called for a technical. I can recall several times that UTEP has drawn technicals. I'm sure some opponent of ours was teed up; I just can't remember any right now.

I can't remember the last time that UTEP's opponent was called for a technical. I can recall several times that UTEP has drawn technicals. I'm sure some opponent of ours was teed up; I just can't remember any right now.
That was a bad call on Bieniemy's fourth foul. Doesn't change the fact that he was lousy this entire series. Also, Agnew has played his way out of additional minutes. I thought he would come in and provide some badly needed spark. I was wrong on that.

This is the worst basketball team I've ever seen, and I was around for the end of the Haskins era, Billy g's first year team, and every Floyd team after the first.

They are lost on defense, sloppy and disorganized on offense, and have terrible body language during games. And to make matters worse, there's no accountability from the inept coaching staff.

This is the worst basketball team I've ever seen, and I was around for the end of the Haskins era, Billy g's first year team, and every Floyd team after the first.

They are lost on defense, sloppy and disorganized on offense, and have terrible body language during games. And to make matters worse, there's no accountability from the inept coaching staff.
Wow

There's just no joy in watching the team. Even when shots are going in I'm getting upset because it's such a terrible shot selection that somehow falls in (although much less often than not). My family has been die hard Miners fans since my brothers and I were in diapers thirty plus years ago and this year has been hard to get psyched up.

UAB's coach is a first year head coach and already turned that team around. Enough is enough
He was the coach at Ole Miss when we had that debacle of a loss over there in the Barbee era. I think we were up 10 in the last few minutes and lost.

Reactions: picks up
Definitely not a 1st year coach. He had success in the SEC for a decent stretch, but I know what you are saying.
Kennedy has been successful this year by adding three difference maker transfers in Ertel, Jemison, and Jackson to a group that was already decent. Getting Kennedy was a good move for UAB after he "resigned" at Ole Miss last year.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
It just goes to show you, coaches at other schools can have a good season in their first year, but not at UTEP. Gotta give coaches 5 years to turn it around. And fans give excuses along the way......
Yeah, gotta follow that NMSU blueprint for high school conference play and dominance; oh yeah, and how to end up playing in one.

STFU Grimace.

Yeah, gotta follow that NMSU blueprint for high school conference play and dominance; oh yeah, and how to end up playing in one.

STFU Grimace.

That’s great. I really don’t care when you “make fun” of NMSU, but keep it up old man. Tell me, what’s UTEP’s record versus this team from a “high school conference” the last 10 years?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT