ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs UCI

Lathon has taken 3 shots so far. Terry must have gotten on him to be more agressive.

Verhoeven with a huge defensive presence. Now Vila is in and UCI has easy entry for an uncontested layup.

After an amazing night last night, Boum is invisible tonight. In fact, after Lathon's early explosion and an early drive by Edwards, the backcourt has been mostly invisible tonight.

Reactions: miner1liner
After an amazing night last night, Boum is invisible tonight. In fact, after Lathon's early explosion and an early drive by Edwards, the backcourt has been mostly invisible tonight.
Yep. They are really overplaying Boum. Pretty good defense by Irvine. Edwards was particularly bad in the first half with 3 unforced turnovers.

It's always high drama wondering about all the why's, when's and why nots. With Boum's success last night Terry needs to figure out how to get him involved. Can't put our whole season on William's shoulders.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
So I just went back and watched a couple highlight vids of Archie’s. It has to be a mental/confidence issue. I realize the competition at the HS level pales in comparison, however Archie had a decent shot from deep in HS. He had really good body control going to the hoop. He had a mid range game. Tonight he looked like a guy grabbed from the crowd for a halftime free throw contest. He banked his first one in and missed way long on his second. That travel on a half attempt at driving to the hoop...sigh. Just not sure what the hell is going on with him. Sure hope it gets fixed soon or sit the guy.

Reactions: Lil_Train
So I just went back and watched a couple highlight vids of Archie’s. It has to be a mental/confidence issue. I realize the competition at the HS level pales in comparison, however Archie had a decent shot from deep in HS. He had really good body control going to the hoop. He had a mid range game. Tonight he looked like a guy grabbed from the crowd for a halftime free throw contest. He banked his first one in and missed way long on his second. That travel on a half attempt at driving to the hoop...sigh. Just not sure what the hell is going on with him. Sure hope it gets fixed soon or sit the guy.
Terry continues to give him good minutes, so I assume he is doing positive things in practice. I agree, right now, he is a turnover waiting to happen on offense.

When we had Vila and Verhoeven in at the same time it had to be the least offensively talented frontcourt we've had all year.

Reactions: Lil_Train
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT