ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs USM and some notes

axingfools1

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 6, 2011
USM -2.5 per Vegas

ESPN predictor feels the same with UTEP at 47%

UTEP RPI 287 (MTSU and WKU still in the top 70).

Game on BEIN at 6pm

Still no Frazier for this road trip. It will interesting to see if the young ones can play well again.

Fili Rivera is in town and posting pics from the practice facility.

Also, UTEP marketing has hired a DJ for next week's home games. Maybe its a tryout for a permanent position?

Speaking of Southern Miss. Everyone talks about brinnging back BG or Barbee. But never Doc Sadler? Which is funny cause he the only one with a D1 coaching job.

How is he doing in Southern Miss? Would he come back to Utep? Would we want him back?

Speaking of Southern Miss. Everyone talks about brinnging back BG or Barbee. But never Doc Sadler? Which is funny cause he the only one with a D1 coaching job.

How is he doing in Southern Miss? Would he come back to Utep? Would we want him back?
He's not doing well at S. Miss, he won with Gillespie's players and why is it even being suggested to bring old coaches back??? Please stop with that noise. It will be a new coach Period!

No don’t bring him back. He has only won one postseason game (NIT) since leaving UTEP. He has posted a 128-158 record in his jobs at Nebraska and Southern Miss.

He's not doing well at S. Miss, he won with Gillespie's players and why is it even being suggested to bring old coaches back??? Please stop with that noise. It will be a new coach Period!
I would take Barbee back, but seem to remember his wife hates El Paso. But I'd say the job's his if he wants it. He built UTEP's last NCAA Tourney team.

I would take Barbee back, but seem to remember his wife hates El Paso. But I'd say the job's his if he wants it. He built UTEP's last NCAA Tourney team.

I'm not saying no to this idea, but the guys Barbee recruited were guys that were on Memphis' radar, and were good players but for whatever reason passed up on.

Do you think Barbee would still be able to bring that caliber of player in? Even though Memphis was mega good, we shared a conference with them. It wasn't a stretch to acquire the guys who didn't make it to Memphis.. I just don't think we'd be getting Kentucky's scraps in the same way. What say you?

i dont want him i was just asking. He must be doing something good where 3 D1 schools have given him a head coaching job. He must be a good interviewer ?? Also its dumb when people say he won with BG players .Wasnt he BG lead recruiter when he was his assistant?

i dont want him i was just asking. He must be doing something good where 3 D1 schools have given him a head coaching job. He must be a good interviewer ?? Also its dumb when people say he won with BG players .Wasnt he BG lead recruiter when he was his assistant?
He has had 4 straight losing seasons, , so ya, he must be doing something good. He must be best friends with USM's AD cause I don't know how USM hasn't fired him yet.

Reactions: El Paso 777
Dogshit offense in the 1st half. These kids are being held back from their potential. Let the dogs loose Johnson! We are the bigger team. This crap is too predictable

He has had 4 straight losing seasons, , so ya, he must be doing something good. He must be best friends with USM's AD cause I don't know how USM hasn't fired him yet.
Southern Miss has been on pretty severe probation since he's been there.

Southern Piss is a good loss. USP plays in front of solid crowds and are in the mix every year for NCAA berths. Good time to be a Miner basketball fan. Good thing we kept CTF around for this year. Paying off nicely.

what I dont understand at all.... is last year at the end of the year we went on a pretty good stretch and found a little groove playing that point zone defense.... and i dont think i have seen it once this year.... why when you found something that works and gave our conference fits would you not play it?

That's what people like you sounded like the last 6 years defending CTF.

Thanks to guys like you, we get our ass kicked by USM in front of 1,000 people every year. Hope you're happy!

That's what people like you sounded like the last 6 years defending CTF.

Thanks to guys like you, we get our ass kicked by USM in front of 1,000 people every year. Hope you're happy!

I've wanted Floyd gone for 4 years and I get tired of your broken record drivel. You think you're the only one who wanted him gone? Where have you been for the last several years? Almost nobody wanted him around.

You are far too simplistic if you think UTEP has been getting it's ass handed to them because of people like PURPLE. It was because of Stull, genius.

If more people like myself stopped buying tickets and going to games, then yeah it would have happened sooner.

Nope, too many old farts and idiots wanted to "bring back the 80s" and believed CTFs hype and his recruits.

Stull looked and saw like 6,000 people in the stands, so he thought that was still acceptable. What if he would have seen 3,000? 2,000? 1,000?

If more people like myself stopped buying tickets and going to games, then yeah it would have happened sooner.

Nope, too many old farts and idiots wanted to "bring back the 80s" and believed CTFs hype and his recruits.

Stull looked and saw like 6,000 people in the stands, so he thought that was still acceptable. What if he would have seen 3,000? 2,000? 1,000?

No it wouldn't have happened sooner. There were games where there were only 3000 actual people in the stands. It happened when it happened, and it wouldn't have been any time sooner. Stull had Floyd's back. Dr. N had Stull's back. End of story.

Reactions: develman
Your right shovel it is my fault.... I hired and retained Tim Floyd all those years... I moved us into conference USA... I recruited those players... I helped the university not care about their athletics .... all from behind this keyboard!!! And to El Paso 777

When I talk on here I like to share my opinions... shovel is not doing anything with that post he had except shoveling the same ole shit....

Your right shovel it is my fault.... I hired and retained Tim Floyd all those years... I moved us into conference USA... I recruited those players... I helped the university not care about their athletics .... all from behind this keyboard!!! And to El Paso 777

When I talk on here I like to share my opinions... shovel is not doing anything with that post he had except shoveling the same ole shit....

But all you have been doing for a long time was saying how good Tim Floyd was.

I liked Tim Floyd ... that is my opinion and I defended it .... that's what a message board is for

Yes it is.... utep has fan support when winning! If we can get this place going it's a special place to be.... believe me I went to all the games in the 80's I see the potential... not my fault if you can't see it

Nobody is doubting UTEP can get 9-12k a game when they're winning. Or that there's no potential.

There's just no potential with Floyd and Johnson.

That's is not true at all about every winning team getting support

Baylor is just outside the top 25.... played 16 th ranked tcu and only got 5000 for the game....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT