ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP's first FB game of 2018

There you go EP1

Your own words.

And yeah I’m a fan of bad bunny. You’re a fan of me. Thanks for stalking my twitter. I appreciate loyal fans like yourself.

Do you like the new RV I bought. She’s a beast ain’t she?

Saying “Isn’t anything great” is not the same thing as saying they’re great.

Reactions: El Paso 1
Wrong again. They are playing Wyoming at home this year and playing San Diego State and Fresno State at home next year. Their home schedule is more attractive than UTEP's home schedule.
Wrong again?? nope haven’t been wrong yet haha. They scheduled Liberty two times next year. If you have to schedule a team 2 times ina season, you are having trouble finding opponents. So what’s going to happen if they can’t find 3 opponents in the future.. schedule Liberty 3 times?? Haha
One of the benefits of being a crappy Independent program is lots of teams are looking for an easy win, so NMSU will get some decent teams playing them.

Nice to see the 2 POS posters have trashed the board once again.....Reading this shit was a total waste of 10 minutes of my life....

Reactions: Cube Jack
Wrong again?? nope haven’t been wrong yet haha. They scheduled Liberty two times next year. If you have to schedule a team 2 times ina season, you are having trouble finding opponents. So what’s going to happen if they can’t find 3 opponents in the future.. schedule Liberty 3 times?? Haha
One of the benefits of being a crappy Independent program is lots of teams are looking for an easy win, so NMSU will get some decent teams playing them.

No, I'm not wrong. Their home schedule is more attractive then UTEP's home schedule.

If UTEP won a bowl game and beat a 6-6 G5 school I would celebrate the win and would certainly not say we were average.
Haha sure dude:D U would be the first one stating the “facts” on how UTEP beat zero teams with winning records and beat an average 6-6 team in a bowl game.

Haha sure dude:D U would be the first one stating the “facts” on how UTEP beat zero teams with winning records and beat an average 6-6 team in a bowl game.

No true at all. I have never said anything negative when UTEP has ever had any success. The sad part is it's been a very long time since UTEP has had success in men's basketball and football.

I really wish we didn't play NMSU in any sports. This so-called rivalry has hurt UTEP athletics. Its ridiculous the time we spend talking about NMSU. Last year was an anomaly most years we will beat them in football. We have to refocus. Look the other way down i-10 to the East. That's the school we need to worry about because they're poised to pass us like SMU and UH did. Forget about NMSU, shoot higher much higher.

Reactions: minerfan_14
I really wish we didn't play NMSU in any sports. This so-called rivalry has hurt UTEP athletics. Its ridiculous the time we spend talking about NMSU. Last year was an anomaly most years we will beat them in football. We have to refocus. Look the other way down i-10 to the East. That's the school we need to worry about because they're poised to pass us like SMU and UH did. Forget about NMSU, shoot higher much higher.

How has playing NMSU hurt UTEP athletics? UTEP hasn't beaten NMSU in basketball for a few years.

Reactions: ShovelMan66
I agree and once NMSU football folds FBS status we should never play them again. But I don’t think we were ever ahead of SMU or UH so I wouldn’t say they passed us.

Yeah, if you can’t beat em, don’t play em! The NMSU games virtually cost either school nothing and are usually well attended. So more money for the schools. UTEP would just replace NMSU with Arkansas-Pine Bluff and not anybody good.

They had a better football team last year, but have owned us in basketball. Hopefully Terry will change that. Until UTEP beats them for 10 straight years in basketball and football, de-scheduling them would be stupid.

I agree and once NMSU football folds FBS status we should never play them again. But I don’t think we were ever ahead of SMU or UH so I wouldn’t say they passed us.

In 2004 we were definitely ahead of SMU. They were still mired in their post death penalty black hole. Ironically Houston was only a few years removed from almost dropping their football program. Dana Dimel damn near killed off UH football. They were mired in financial troubles and their facilities were awful. So at the time we were ahead of them. Historically we have never been as good as either of them. However, for a moment in time we were better positioned than they were and a little ahead of them. However we didn't take advantage of it. They both aggressively improved we stuck with a coach for seven straight losing seasons. We lost donors. They both added donors. They improved their facilities, we didn't. They both set high standards, we didn't.

Why does everyone keep going back to last year 0-12 I watched every game I could find the bottom line is Utep has talent last year it was pretty clear when the coach quit got fired or what ever that was it you could have ended the season then go look at the Oklahoma game the team could not even line up right for the talent Utep has it just needed buy in and I think that's what we have now why are we talking about NMSU we have bigger fish to fry

No, I didn’t even know what Twitter was until Trump. I do not have twitter and have never been on it. I was on here many moons ago, when Darren was here and there was a math teacher named liebestraum or something like that. I used to be BonJoviMiner back then. I didn’t know there was another LoUTEPMiner. People have been calling me that for 20 plus years. The screen name was available. I will have to get on the Facebook and look for him

I do not know who you are talking about and that he is real. Is he a mascot? I do not use twitter so if there’s someone there using that name then what can I do.

You said you use to post on here as Bon Jovi Miner. I’m assuming you’re a fan of him. Now you’re posting as LoUTEP Miner so logically that must mean you’re a fan of him. Or are you also going to say you have no idea who Bon Jovi is?

If people have you called you LoUTEP Miner for 20 years then why didn’t you originally sign up as that name instead of BonJoviMiner?

I have never heard of the person you are talking about. I am not claiming to be this twitter guy because I don’t know who the heck he is. Are you him? Why do you care about this screen name so much? Why didn’t you sign up for it first? Can’t be too important if you hadn’t already taken it right? I don’t remember why I choose BonJoviMiner 15 years ago. I don’t feel the same way about them now. So I didn’t see if that name was available. I came here to talk about UTEP but now I am answering questions about twitter guys.

• No I’m not him. I’m Juan Corona.
  • Because that’s a unique name used by someone very well known in the UTEP social media scene
  • I didn’t grab it first because I didn’t want to use someone else’s name
  • Once again I didn’t take it because I prefer to use my own name
Ok we will just have to assume it’s one huge coincidence.

Ok
I only check the Facebook for social media. Is this person on the Facebook or a mascot? If you’re not him, why didn’t he get the name if it’s so important? Why isn’t he on here ? Coincidence? You think that person is the only Lou to be called LoUTEP? If it means that much to you and him, I will gladly send him a email to discuss this further. I will also see if I can change this screen name to avoid further confusion.

That’s very reasonable.

He’s on Twitter not the mascot. Almost all the breaking UTEP news comes through Twitter first nowadays. Honestly to me it was the first time I had seen someone spell their name LoUTEP. If you do a google search for LoUTEP he’s literally the only one using that name.

Here’s a link to his twitter if you want to send him a DM.

Fellas, fellas ... I'm no traffic cop, and I respect the opinions of you both, but this thread started on the first football game of 2018.

Could we get back on the rails?

I, for one, predict Northern Arizona presents a bigger challenge than some Miners fans expect. NAU gets a number of kids from California, which translates to speed. Which the Miners have lacked. Speed kills.

I know the totally new UTEP coaching staffers fully realize they inherited some high-character student athletes on pace to graduate ... But ... They also see the wreckage from a winless 0-12 team that, on offense, was stuck in the mud.

Ask a UTEP if the Miners are taking NAU lightly. It would be foolish to do so.

The opener will be a test. Get those Miners picks ready.

Reactions: Lil_Train
That’s very reasonable.

He’s on Twitter not the mascot. Almost all the breaking UTEP news comes through Twitter first nowadays. Honestly to me it was the first time I had seen someone spell their name LoUTEP. If you do a google search for LoUTEP he’s literally the only one using that name.

Here’s a link to his twitter if you want to send him a DM.

Reminds me of a mirror universe episode of Star Trek...

Reactions: develman
Man I can’t wait for football season to get here. Can we just fast forward to late August!!!

Everyone has their own preferences. Not a big baseball fan. I do keep an eye on the Astros and Rangers.

Really enjoyed watching UTEP baseball teams in the '70s, as they battled (but rarely beat) old Western Athletic Conference foes Arizona and A-State. Dudley Field looked rather cracked and musty, even back then. Tremendous old-school atmosphere, with ample parking. {nudge}

Alas, UTEP baseball was a victim of Title IX. I don't have daughters, but neither can I argue against equal funding (or somewhat) for young women athletes. Next visit to campus, in fact, I'd like to meet the women's rifle team coach.

Reinstating UTEP baseball would cost a mint. For starters, where would the team play?

Today, as formerly a long-suffering Colt .45s fan, I am reveling in the rising tide provided by the Houston Astros. The Rangers have some dues to pay.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT