ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP's first FB game of 2018

I don’t think the scheduling will allow for three different teams to use one stadium.

It's possible. The schedule just needs to be worked out correctly and UTEP would play on the road when soccer is going on.

If there is a conflict with the Chihuahuas, UTEP would play in the morning.

There’s no way UTEP will bring baseball back. Not only cause of title 9, but it never was a revue generating sport. Until we start making a big profit from football AND basketball there will be no new sports. I believe if they ever add a new sport it would be men’s soccer. Which probably won’t make money either.

God willing football and basketball get things turned around. If they grow I would much rather that money be reinvested into those sports to pay coaches more, up the recruiting budgets, add to the infrastructure for all sports as opposed to funding baseball.

God willing football and basketball get things turned around. If they grow I would much rather that money be reinvested into those sports to pay coaches more, up the recruiting budgets, add to the infrastructure for all sports as opposed to funding baseball.
Love me some baseball, but I tend to agree, tooling up to field a truly competitive program would cost zillions -- money that would be siphoned from other sports.

UTEP is on a limited budget, but the coaches in both major revenue programs have not complained about the recruiting. Kug and his staff were all over creation (domestically speaking), as was Floyd and his staff. Doesn't seem to have changed with the new staff and new AD. This is a major sticking point between AD's and head coaches.

UTEP is on a limited budget, but the coaches in both major revenue programs have not complained about the recruiting. Kug and his staff were all over creation (domestically speaking), as was Floyd and his staff. Doesn't seem to have changed with the new staff and new AD. This is a major sticking point between AD's and head coaches.

The staffs have been on the road big time. I agree but you get what I’m saying. Before we divert money to starting more sports it should be reinvested into the sports that we already have.

Reactions: minerfan_14
Completely agree. UTSA spends 1 million on baseball. Texas St spends 1.1. Two similar schools to ourselves. That doesn’t include how much they have to spend on the extra women sports. If we had an extra milli laying around I rather it go into our basketball budget. Last season our basketball budget was 4.1 which already makes it #1 in CUSA. Throw in an extra million and we start competing with the top MW & AAC teams as far as basketball budgets go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT