ADVERTISEMENT

UTSA at UTEP Roll Call, Prediction, and All That.

I knew it'd be a long season, but I hate to see us get beat twice back to back to UTSA. We'll be very hard pressed this year to even be close to .500 I see that now. Oh well, build for next season I guess. We had 6 wins in Gillespie's 1st year, and we all know what came after!

It is going to be a long season. Didn’t watch the game last night but was at the game in SA and was most disappointed with team effort, or lack there of.

Not sure why PT is still getting the minutes he’s getting. At this point, why not give Eze half of them and let him develop? Shit, he had 6 boards in 10 minutes of time last night. At least he cleans up the glass. I don’t get it.

It is going to be a long season. Didn’t watch the game last night but was at the game in SA and was most disappointed with team effort, or lack there of.

Not sure why PT is still getting the minutes he’s getting. At this point, why not give Eze half of them and let him develop? Shit, he had 6 boards in 10 minutes of time last night. At least he cleans up the glass. I don’t get it.
I'm with you 100% on EZ. I said so after the first UTSA game. PT contributes zero. EZ can use some learning time.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
well, we have few scholly players, and one was out with injury.

I expected to win this game with Lathon , and lose without him. I think we can assume that any injuries to this short-manned team will result in a loss, regardless of who we're playing

I expected to win this game with Lathon , and lose without him. I think we can assume that any injuries to this short-manned team will result in a loss, regardless of who we're playing
Agree on Lathon. He is our best perimeter defender, and has been better running the offense than the other options. Against UTSA, again the team was ineffective attacking the zone defense, and some of that is just due to the limited and inexperienced options. I thought Odigie was really forcing things on offense, and teams have definitely adjusted to his game as expected. I also thought Eze was better than he has been in a while.

Last edited:

Especially if that injury is to Lathon.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Maybe someone can confirm or deny something for me. I've only been able to see a little on TV or stream, but it looks like Efe can't get his big body off the floor. His size and strength allows him to dominate his space, but I don't recall ever seeing a vicious slam dunk. On the contrary; I've seen lots of missed layups that had he jumped a bit would have been makes.
Maybe my vision is poor, but that's what I've seen.

Maybe someone can confirm or deny something for me. I've only been able to see a little on TV or stream, but it looks like Efe can't get his big body off the floor. His size and strength allows him to dominate his space, but I don't recall ever seeing a vicious slam dunk. On the contrary; I've seen lots of missed layups that had he jumped a bit would have been makes.
Maybe my vision is poor, but that's what I've seen.
Odigie is a below the rim athlete, miner1liner. Athletically, I would compare him to John Tofi, although I think Tofi had a bit more bounce. He's not a guy who is going to be dunking on anyone, and his inability to jump leads to blocks and missed shots up close. Right now, he also gets tired with extended minutes, so better conditioning will be a must down the line.

I'm definitely with you on the eze statement. He would also be a huge improvement on defense, clogging up the middle

Odigie is a below the rim athlete, miner1liner. Athletically, I would compare him to John Tofi, although I think Tofi had a bit more bounce. He's not a guy who is going to be dunking on anyone, and his inability to jump leads to blocks and missed shots up close. Right now, he also gets tired with extended minutes, so better conditioning will be a must down the line.
He is not explosive under the basket and relies on his raw upper body strength to get shots. His quick muscle reaction speed need work. His upside, he lets the game come to him. He want to take it to the hole, which is great, but he need to work on turn around, hooks, and other moves five feet or less. Remember Caracter from 2010? He was beast down low because he not only had strength, but an arsenal of moves in the paint and great awareness in the paint. EO needs work on that.

Thanks for all the answers. My observations we're obviously correct. He needs to develop the ability to get up and make those lay ups and he will be invaluable.

He is not explosive under the basket and relies on his raw upper body strength to get shots. His quick muscle reaction speed need work. His upside, he lets the game come to him. He want to take it to the hole, which is great, but he need to work on turn around, hooks, and other moves five feet or less. Remember Caracter from 2010? He was beast down low because he not only had strength, but an arsenal of moves in the paint and great awareness in the paint. EO needs work on that.

He’s a true freshman forced to play way too many minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT