ADVERTISEMENT

UTSA attendance

As I have pointed out before, UTEP is LUCKY to get the crowds they get in football. No other FBS program has gone without Bowl Wins, Conference Titles, and wins over P5 teams as long as UTEP has.

All the media shaming fans are full of shit. They’re getting in the games for free, get primo parking, and are eating free game day spreads in the press box. When was the last time someone like Steve Kaplowitz spent his own money to watch a UTEP game? That is not a slight towards Steve. Just using him an an example.

As I have pointed out before, UTEP is LUCKY to get the crowds they get in football. No other FBS program has gone without Bowl Wins, Conference Titles, and wins over P5 teams as long as UTEP has.

All the media shaming fans are full of shit. They’re getting in the games for free, get primo parking, and are eating free game day spreads in the press box. When was the last time someone like Steve Kaplowitz spent his own money to watch a UTEP game? That is not a slight towards Steve. Just using him an an example.
It hasn’t been pretty but the Miners are 4-1.

I recall you saying on a bb thread something to the effect of “Moral victories are bullshit. The win-loss column is what matters”.

Results wise, we can’t be much better.

FAU had under 15,000 for the 2019 CUSA Championship game - on a 5 game game winning streak with Lane Kiffin as their coach for a 11-3 season.

Which is more “embarrassing”?
I would never have wanted UTEP's fanbase compared to FAU's or FIU's or a few others. Just shows how low we've sunk in attendance.

It hasn’t been pretty but the Miners are 4-1.

I recall you saying on a bb thread something to the effect of “Moral victories are bullshit. The win-loss column is what matters”.

Results wise, we can’t be much better.
Unfortunately, not all 4-1’s are the same. And yes, losing by 4 to Kansas is no reason for celebration. Unless you’re using 5 walk ons and playing the Dream Team. We’re not counting moral victories here though.

I would never have wanted UTEP's fanbase compared to FAU's or FIU's or a few others. Just shows how low we've sunk in attendance.
I can guarantee you that if UTEP were hosting the CUSA championship, we would definitely draw more than 15,000 fans. We packed the house for the freaking WNIT and the CBI finals. El Paso is full of bandwagon fans and they love watching UTEP play for championships.

I can guarantee you that if UTEP were hosting the CUSA championship, we would definitely draw more than 15,000 fans. We packed the house for the freaking WNIT and the CBI finals. El Paso is full of bandwagon fans and they love watching UTEP play for championships.
Here's that "IF" again...

Just shows you that other schools have attendance challenges that are A LOT more successful than UTEP.
But those schools have never had a fanbase like UTEP has had in the past. We need to find a way to get butts in seats so, as you said earlier, they may want to come back and actually buy tickets and become regulars one day. We can't keep so many seats unoccupied or we look like an fcs program. May as well play games at EPHS.

We're comparing against FAU's 15,000 when they hosted the CUSA Championship.

The "IF" is necessary if we want to compare apples to apples.
We need to Actually host a football championship game to compare apples to apples.

It is embarrassing to have 11k for homecoming when the team is 3-1 going in. JCorona made an interesting observation elsewhere that once Senter arrived, UTEP switched from announcing attendance using tickets distributed (lots of schools do that) to using buttx in seats. So the 2 games that had abouf 15k might have been 20k in Stull's era. 11k might have been 16k. Still, the attendance is way down either way and needs some inovative thinking such as that on this board.
I was thinking the same thing.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
The crowds decreased the more games we won then eventually dwindled when we began to lose.
30k vs UAPB
39k vs NMSU
29.7k vs 1-11 Memphis the following week
28.9k vs 4-8 Rice
25k vs 4-8 Tulane after losing to bad UAB team that had 11k at the game
23k vs SMU after a 3 game losing streak including last home game vs Tulane

Beat trash teams and lost versus trash too. Fans want UTEP to beat GOOD teams and DESTROY bad ones. Nobody rewards their kids for getting C grades in school. Why should fans “reward” UTEP for “C grades”?

30k vs UAPB
39k vs NMSU
29.7k vs 1-11 Memphis the following week
28.9k vs 4-8 Rice
25k vs 4-8 Tulane after losing to bad UAB team that had 11k at the game
23k vs SMU after a 3 game losing streak including last home game vs Tulane

Beat trash teams and lost versus trash too. Fans want UTEP to beat GOOD teams and DESTROY bad ones. Nobody rewards their kids for getting C grades in school. Why should fans “reward” UTEP for “C grades”?
UTEP should get into the Big 12 so they can play good teams. As the 05 season showed we only beat one all year. Things have gone downhill since then.

UTEP should get into the Big 12 so they can play good teams. As the 05 season showed we only beat one all year. Things have gone downhill since then.
The Big 12 has bad teams too. Do you think unihorn and the other UT fans get excited to see the yearly football games vs Kansas and TCU? All those teams UTEP played at home that season were bad, except for SMU.

Reactions: SAMINERGIRL
The Big 12 has bad teams too. Do you think unihorn and the other UT fans get excited to see the yearly football games vs Kansas and TCU? All those teams UTEP played at home that season were bad, except for SMU.
They beat the one good team they played at home.

Let's raise the bars to meet the expectations you claim Miner fans have. We need to join the SEC and become Alabama. Then the crowds will reward the team.

How many seasons in our history have we beat the "good" teams and "DESTROYED" the bad ones? Once or twice in the last 50+ years, if that. You make UTEP fans seem like spoiled brats with a rich unmatched football tradition.

They beat the one good team they played at home.

Let's raise the bars to meet the expectations you claim Miner fans have. We need to join the SEC and become Alabama. Then the crowds will reward the team.

How many seasons in our history have we beat the "good" teams and "DESTROYED" the bad ones? Once or twice in the last 50+ years, if that. You make UTEP fans seem like spoiled brats with a rich unmatched football tradition.

Not even saying that. Just because you’re a fan of a bad team doesn’t mean all your wins are awesome and you don’t want better.

It’s like being a poor person. I have this rusted out El Camino with no engine; I will give it to Rogelio because he’s poor he will be happy to have it. I have this food I have had in my fridge for a week; I will give it to Rogelio because he’s poor and needs to eat. I have these stretched out chonies with streaks on them; I bet Rogelio could use some “new” chonies.

Just because you’re “poor” doesn’t mean you don’t have standards and will accept anything.

Not even saying that. Just because you’re a fan of a bad team doesn’t mean all your wins are awesome and you don’t want better.

It’s like being a poor person. I have this rusted out El Camino with no engine; I will give it to Rogelio because he’s poor he will be happy to have it. I have this food I have had in my fridge for a week; I will give it to Rogelio because he’s poor and needs to eat. I have these stretched out chonies with streaks on them; I bet Rogelio could use some “new” chonies.

Just because you’re “poor” doesn’t mean you don’t have standards and will accept anything.
If Rogelio is basically homeless poor like UTEP football then all those things are going to be put to use.

Rogelio can scrap the old El Camino which has a lot more metal than a modern car and walk out with $500. That's more than he's probably made in years.

If Rogelio hasn't ate in days that week old food doesn’t seem so bad.

If Rogelio doesn't have any chonies then those old ones with a streak is a nice upgrade for him.

Ok lol I've had enough 🙃 😅

UTSA got over 27,000 and totally dominated Rice. Going into the 4th, UTSA had more interception yards than Rice’s total offense. UTSA is good and it’s looking like the game in November is going to mean something for the west division.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT