ADVERTISEMENT

UTSA in hot water over banner for Texas State game

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007
Dngu4XdV4AEc9xb.jpg:large

Honestly I dont see anything wrong with it. If it was a picture of tx state coed it would be inappropriate. However, it's a picture of two mascots I see nothing wrong with it.

Honestly I dont see anything wrong with it. If it was a picture of tx state coed it would be inappropriate. However, it's a picture of two mascots I see nothing wrong with it.
Don’t want my kids seeing this, lots of kids at the games. Don’t need to see that garbage.

What organization was it? I'd it was someone like SGA or the College of Health Science I guess I could see someone being offended. If it's a fraternity or random student fan club or something then I've seen similar things done before

Some people are offended too easily.

I bet the female students who are "offended" are the same girls who wear low cut tops and wear mini skirts to the frat parties.

Hmmm. I read that UTSA has made whoever displayed it take it down. I'm wondering if this is any worse than fans here who chant about Arrows being Cool at the opposing teams/fans

You want them to wear burquas?

I am saying you can't have it both ways. You think girls wear low cuts tops and mini skirts to frat parties for themselves? No, they do it to get a guy's attention. I'm not saying it's ever ok to rape anybody, but woman can't have it both ways.

I am saying you can't have it both ways. You think girls wear low cuts tops and mini skirts to frat parties for themselves? No, they do it to get a guy's attention. I'm not saying it's ever ok to rape anybody, but woman can't have it both ways.

tenor.gif

Reactions: develman
Let me explain:

First you assumed women students were offended.

Then, you dig a deeper hole...

Reactions: minermx07
How about this: first, you claim that the women protesting against the sign like to show up dressed provocatively to frat parties. There is absolutely zero evidence of this. Second, it is possible for a woman to like consensual sex, but be completely and totally opposed to rape. In fact, to state that a woman who likes consensual sex but protests against rape culture is being hypocritical is incredibly stupid.

How about this: first, you claim that the women protesting against the sign like to show up dressed provocatively to frat parties. There is absolutely zero evidence of this. Second, it is possible for a woman to like consensual sex, but be completely and totally opposed to rape. In fact, to state that a woman who likes consensual sex but protests against rape culture is being hypocritical is incredibly stupid.

So you can't joke about anything anymore?

Nobody is saying rape is cool. It's a joke between a rivalry and two characters characterizing a joke.

I am tired of this PC culture being perpetrated across our country.

So you can't joke about anything anymore?

Nobody is saying rape is cool. It's a joke between a rivalry and two characters characterizing a joke.

I am tired of this PC culture being perpetrated across our country.

Typical Trump Lover! You make me sick. You probably wear a grab em in the p*ssy T-shirts

C'mon, man, really? So you got a poster with Pete going down on NMSU's Aggie mascot, you're good with that too, right? Think before you post, that crap went out with crew cuts.

C'mon, man, really? So you got a poster with Pete going down on NMSU's Aggie mascot, you're good with that too, right? Think before you post, that crap went out with crew cuts.

Really? You're all offended by this sign. On a scale of 1-10. This sign is a 2. Anyone who's ever been to a college football game has seen and heard 100 times worse walking up to stadium.

Lay off blaming Trump. Your tirades are just plain dumb,and show a belief that no one can think for themselves. Oh that’s right you are a liberal and by definition have no original thoughts.

Blah. Let’s not talk politics okay. You are obviously closed minded and are afraid of the truth.

Really? You're all offended by this sign. On a scale of 1-10. This sign is a 2. Anyone who's ever been to a college football game has seen and heard 100 times worse walking up to stadium.

See, there's your problem. You think YOU get to decide what's offensive. You don't. And don't worry about ME being offended, maybe ask you wife or your daughter how THEY feel. I get it, there' still more than a few of your guys out there, nothing new there. Some of them are actually in, uh, national "leadership" positions. And what does what I hear walking into a football stadium have to do with anything, anyway?

Reactions: develman
It’s a sad day and time when all Dems/Reps are lumped together as one and the same. That mentality clearly shows an inability to think for one’s self. And many people from both sides, some on this forum, are guilty of it. Almost like the ability to see an actual person has been lost in this us vs. them perspective.

Just a suggestion, but maybe politics should be left out of the convo unless included in the thread title is “OT”, so that one can choose whether or not to read all the regurgitated drivel. There are plenty of other forums more suitable for political banter. I’m here for Miner talk. Pretty sure that’s the common link here, no?

<steps off soapbox>

It's not a poster I would make, but if I saw it I would laugh because I'm not an uptight person.

No one can control what’s out on the web, or other places. This does not mean we have to condone it, or make no effort to control to protect our kids.
Morality is taught, not ingrained from birth.

It's a joke! Nobody is saying you should go out and rape somebody.

Not

not offend if it’s in the right place—— just not around kids

Your child must live in a bubble then. If your kid knows nothing about sex then you don't have anything to worry about.

I think the first time I knew what rape was I may have been around 10, maybe 11 I think I saw it in a movie and my parents explained what is what.

You can't shield your children from everything and sometimes these things are teachable moments.

My kids are (31 a captain in the reserve and a big shot with a bank, 28 who was in the navy and now a mother of three and working on her bachelors, and a 11 year old.) Think my wife and I have done a pretty damn good job of raising our kids. So keep your comments about my kids out of your mouth and off your text.

My kids are (31 a captain in the reserve and a big shot with a bank, 28 who was in the navy and now a mother of three and working on her bachelors, and a 11 year old.) Think my wife and I have done a pretty damn good job of raising our kids. So keep your comments about my kids out of your mouth and off your text.

Sure, your child is a "big shot".

One thing I have learned is if you have to brag most likely it isn't true.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT